Shopping Discussion

Rexall Stores Closing Sales YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 6th, 2018 3:21 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
1397 posts
86 upvotes
This is news to me. It seems like they've been opening new locations, especially in DT toronto.
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
Actually Ive been finding myself going there more and more lately. With their $10 GC when spending $30, and their $5 coupon when doing a survey (which you can combine) Ive been buying more household things there, that are on sale mind you. Non sale, way to high. They have huge 9 packs of TP thats safe for septic that are almost 400 sheets, and it goes down to $5 a pack sometimes. When combining the coupons I can walk out of there with $30 worth of sale stuff for $15. Same as Kleenex, sometimes on for .69 cents a pack.

I go in randomly when Im close, sometimes their clearance stuff is crazy cheap
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
Wow, they just built a HUGE new one in our town maybe 2 years ago? I can see ours being on the chopping block
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1734 posts
1212 upvotes
Vancouver
jungling wrote: anyone have a list of teh stores that are closing? I can't find it after doing a google search..
Looking for a list as well. Unless it's not being disclosed publicly and you just have to go hunt them down?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
I only go to Rexall when there's Airmiles Megamiles or STB promotion :) or when there's special airmiles promotion like spend 285 AM and get 100 AM back etc.
Aug 31, 2009
819 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
i only go in there to buy the petsmart giftcards LOL!
Aug 31, 2009
819 posts
582 upvotes
Toronto
i guess min wage really had an impact on retail stores....
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
There are literally three rexalls within a km of each other in my area of yonge and sheppard (one right on the corner, only like a year old, one at Yonge/Empress and one on Sheppard between Yonge and Bayview). I wouldn't be surprised if one or two of them are on the closing list, which I'm eager to see.
Nov 25, 2003
716 posts
449 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
cdfegab wrote: i guess min wage really had an impact on retail stores....
I really doubt it that kind of impact. Whenever I went into a store out here in Vancouver, place was nearly empty. Wouldn't matter if you had people making just five bucks an hour.
I've been away for a while....
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
1515 posts
988 upvotes
From where did you get your information OP? They've opened a lot of stores in downtown Toronto in the last few months, and there's one under construction on Yonge St. at Wellington right now
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
3026 posts
1670 upvotes
B.C.
WikkiWikki wrote: Actually Ive been finding myself going there more and more lately. With their $10 GC when spending $30, and their $5 coupon when doing a survey (which you can combine) Ive been buying more household things there, that are on sale mind you. Non sale, way to high. They have huge 9 packs of TP thats safe for septic that are almost 400 sheets, and it goes down to $5 a pack sometimes. When combining the coupons I can walk out of there with $30 worth of sale stuff for $15. Same as Kleenex, sometimes on for .69 cents a pack.

I go in randomly when Im close, sometimes their clearance stuff is crazy cheap
Isn't most TP septic tank safe?
Banned
Nov 28, 2016
22791 posts
3321 upvotes
Out west
lennyandcarl wrote: Isn't most TP septic tank safe?
Not all. Charmins, the worse. The commercials where it shows how it holds up to water, that means it doesnt break down
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
I really thought McKesson had the resources to push Rexall lol
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
May 3, 2010
443 posts
558 upvotes
Oakville
ariel wrote: From where did you get your information OP? They've opened a lot of stores in downtown Toronto in the last few months, and there's one under construction on Yonge St. at Wellington right now

If you Google it, as other posters have said, there are links referencing the store closures just doesn't say which stores

As for how I found out, my cousin went to her store and stumbled on the store closing and she passed the word to me. I went to my local Rexall and their sale had started too. As I said it's YMMV because it doesn't appear Rexall even mentions it anywhere.
May 11, 2014
92 posts
126 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
RIP my main place to buy bus pass because it's closest to my house. Crying Face
Feb 11, 2017
518 posts
837 upvotes
Ottawa
They opened a big location in my neighborhood last year. There is never anyone in there.
Nov 25, 2003
716 posts
449 upvotes
BC [what me worry?]
WikkiWikki wrote: They have huge 9 packs of TP thats safe for septic that are almost 400 sheets, and it goes down to $5 a pack sometimes. When combining the coupons I can walk out of there with $30 worth of sale stuff for $15. Same as Kleenex, sometimes on for .69 cents a pack.
True RFDers like myself save money (never buying toilet paper) and just use owns hands to "clean up afterwards". If you're going to be washing your hands (unless you're Meowkat....) anyhow....

I await meeting you in real life so I can shake your hands!

Was just in a Rexall yesterday to buy an umbrella (to take advantage of the 40% off deal). Didn't really save that much even with the discount but I needed the umbrella...
I've been away for a while....