Site Comments & Suggestions

RFD is actively targeted for paid spamming.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 9th, 2018 3:25 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
18415 posts
4953 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …

RFD is actively targeted for paid spamming.

I wonder how many users get emails like this and jump at the opportunity?
Lewis Smith <smithlewis068@gmail.com>
3:12 AM (5 hours ago)
to BinaryJay

Hi friend
How are you? i am looking for redflagdeals poster, i have some amazon deals to post.
I usually pay per $15 . Payment time after 24 hous.
Could you help me?
19 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1434 posts
717 upvotes
montreal
Got the same offer.
Said that I was interested to see what was the product.
It was for one of those android tv box in the 65$ range with a 30% off coupon code on amazon.
I suspect that lots of those tv box thread are coming from these offers.
;-)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
3158 posts
1027 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
They're contacting all the Jays. Ask for a free sample device first.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10033 posts
15887 upvotes
Scarborough
Redmask wrote:
Jul 6th, 2018 9:42 am
TomRFD likes to hear about these, forward them to him. If you know the seller that helps so it can be banned.
Yes please forward all requests like these to me.

It's an ongoing problem with Amazon sellers. We ban a few every month because of this.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
39238 posts
30295 upvotes
Economy
Hi Valerie, I am Jason, I see that you commented on redflagdeals FB, do you have an account on RedFlagDeals?

If yes, would you like to test our amazon product samples? Like our power banks, headphones. We can send you free sample to test, if you think it's a good product worth recommending after you try it out, we will then invite you to post a deal on redflagdeals for it.
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Deal Expert
Dec 22, 2006
39238 posts
30295 upvotes
Economy
Don't take life too seriously.
No one gets out alive anyway.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10033 posts
15887 upvotes
Scarborough
valeriey wrote:
Jul 9th, 2018 3:57 pm
If you see these requests come in please let me know who the retailer is so we can ban them from RFD. Also I suggest reporting the messages as spam so Facebook will suspend their account.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2004
4832 posts
2929 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 2:21 pm
If you see these requests come in please let me know who the retailer is so we can ban them from RFD. Also I suggest reporting the messages as spam so Facebook will suspend their account.
Solution is to ban all Amazon deals that are not sold directly by Amazon. I've never once see any third party Amazon sale posted in Hot Deals that was worth its salt. It's all scams and chinese knock offs and garbage. Banning the retailers does no good because they are almost always new retailers and will just make new accounts. Also, it's unlikely the majority of these paid posters will report them.

I basically assume ANY amazon post that isn't "Sold by Amazon" is now a scam.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10033 posts
15887 upvotes
Scarborough
adamtheman wrote:
Jul 10th, 2018 5:53 pm
Solution is to ban all Amazon deals that are not sold directly by Amazon. I've never once see any third party Amazon sale posted in Hot Deals that was worth its salt. It's all scams and chinese knock offs and garbage. Banning the retailers does no good because they are almost always new retailers and will just make new accounts. Also, it's unlikely the majority of these paid posters will report them.

I basically assume ANY amazon post that isn't "Sold by Amazon" is now a scam.
While I agree with a lot of what you said, there are some legitimate sellers on there. The problem does seem to be getting worse so we might look into adding new minimum requirements for Amazon sellers before we allow their products to be shared here. As always we operate a one-strike policy on banning sellers if caught shilling/self promoting.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
4665 posts
780 upvotes
Toronto
Hi XXX, my name is XXX, I see that you commented on RedFlagDeals FB, do you have an account on the website?

If yes, I am wondering if you would love to share some of our amazon.ca deals on redflagdeals? As a reward, we can send you some free product samples to you, like our best seller power banks, headphones etc.
Should I? for the free stuff Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9454 posts
3849 upvotes
Toronto
Do the right thing!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Mar 2, 2008
502 posts
432 upvotes
BC
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Jul 11th, 2018 1:40 pm
Do the right thing!
I agree. Take the free product, then don't post the 'deal' to RFD. If enough people do this, maybe they'll stop targeting RFD users.
Deal Addict
Jun 11, 2013
2288 posts
2995 upvotes
Toronto
Got an email from "junekam@foxmail.com" asking me to post a deal on their behalf

"Hi!
How are you? Hope you are well.

I own a couple Amazon online stores. I found you on Redflagdeals so i guess you probably can help me post on Redflagdeals. I would like to offer 15CAD for posting a deal;

If you are interested, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
June"