Off Topic

RFD - Buy now think later - regrets

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 19th, 2019 12:31 am
Dec 10, 2018
39 posts
20 upvotes
For I don't remember how much it was but it was a wafflemaker that I have only used once. The machine itself is a pain to clean. That's why I have stopped using it.

I do have more regrets about missing out on good deals here.
Regards
Fairypopo
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
10145 posts
4567 upvotes
Toronto
Them uber expensive Born Free baby bottles like 6 years ago. I got 12 for like $15. No kids. Never even gave them away at baby showers thinking I have a newborn soon. Still no kids.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
2797 posts
1174 upvotes
Toronto
Google home minis
Adidas and Reebok outlet shoes and clothes

Microsoft Surface RT (the original one) with Type cover. That's probably the biggest rfd buy I regret.
Last edited by Fightguard on Feb 4th, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17326 posts
1581 upvotes
Woodbridge
Last year. Wait two years ago...

Boxing day. I got too excited about the Boxing Day Sony PlayStation 4 Pro sale and this whole 4k nonsense, I also bought it on sale, Asus 28" monitor.

After less than a year I use it for YouTube. LOL
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16833 posts
1551 upvotes
Space for rent
At least you didn't buy the Alienware 34 ". In hindsight that money would have been better spent on a dji drone or a 55" led 4k. I don't even have a card capable of freesync.
Deal Addict
Jan 20, 2006
1663 posts
723 upvotes
All different kinds of junk food over the years because it was an amazing deal or on clearance at the time. You end up buying so much of a certain item, to a point you're hoarding it, thinking that you'll eat it all eventually. Then, you end up forgetting to eat it all or don't like the taste of it.

Especially when you keep buying a whole bunch of different food items over time just because it's a deal, you'll have too much, then can't decide what to eat, forgetting the previous item you've bought a while back. By the time you find out you still have more of it in your pantry/fridge, it has gone stale already.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15942 posts
1345 upvotes
Thornhill
The 10 cases of nestle iced tea from Canadians Tire because each case had a coupon to get the next case free. I walked in about out of CT so many times. I actually hate iced tea. Had them sitting in the basement waaaay past the expiry date. Eventually had enough parties to use them up.

bjl

PS I still hate iced tea
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Dec 25, 2017
10 posts
6 upvotes
One pack of the PC toilet paper was my impulse purchase. Saw the number of pages in the thread in the short amount of time, and thought 'Surely if there's that many people commenting on it, it must be a great deal!'. Living alone, it might take a 1-2 years to use up those 30 rolls, considering much of the toilet business are conducted at work [as prescribed by true rfd-ers]. I will likely regret it when the lease is up and have an extra item to move.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16833 posts
1551 upvotes
Space for rent
t3359 wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 11:08 pm
The 10 cases of nestle iced tea from Canadians Tire because each case had a coupon to get the next case free. I walked in about out of CT so many times. I actually hate iced tea. Had them sitting in the basement waaaay past the expiry date. Eventually had enough parties to use them up.

bjl

PS I still hate iced tea
Wouldn't you just need to buy one case to have a golden goose?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
7822 posts
3036 upvotes
East York
Cheap airplane tickets, and then you find out you have other obligations...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2018
1144 posts
958 upvotes
I can think of several threads on RFD involving marriages.............
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
1396 posts
254 upvotes
Toronto
A PS3 years ago at SDM to redeem my points, knowing I am not a gamer and actually never bought a single game for it. Kept it for the BluRay player, but who rents or buys physical media anymore? So that thing collects dust now. I may have powered it on 10 times tops in the 6+ years I’ve had it.
Celebrating 16+ years on RFD!
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
15942 posts
1345 upvotes
Thornhill
Supercooled wrote:
Feb 9th, 2019 11:48 pm
Wouldn't you just need to buy one case to have a golden goose?
Haha - I ended up with 10 golden gooses. Actually, I found out that I still have some downstairs.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Mar 26, 2017
207 posts
116 upvotes
My MacBook pro, paid a small fortune for it a couple years ago. It just sits there not being used.

Maybe I should find something to use it for lol.