Off Topic

RFD cannabis discussion thread! Aka marijuana (formally a AMA, but feel free to chat up a cannabis storm!)

Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6365 posts
2450 upvotes
Toronto
First OCS order placed on Wednesday afternoon just showed up right now. The Tangerine Dream smells insanely good tho a bit drier than I prefer. Not a fan of the packaging either and I've moved it into a sealed glass jar
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31585 posts
6194 upvotes
Ottawa
BK2006 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 1:19 pm
I think that is where it should be sold. Pharmacies and liquor stores.
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Jan 18, 2007
258 posts
39 upvotes
Will be in grocery stores eventually. In Newfoundland it's already sold in some Loblaws.
Apr 23, 2014
940 posts
158 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
I need to buy a high quality water bong. but of course I need value as well. I like the beaker style but would also like to be able to be sitting when taking hits and not having to stand up to reach the bong. don't mind getting ashcatcher if it is deemed useful and am looking for good water filteration and easy cleaning.
Jan 16, 2008
183 posts
32 upvotes
Brampton
Any tools, apparatus to help me rolling a join, regular or king size? I Am lousy at it.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
4775 posts
1711 upvotes
I'd basically take something irregular like catnip and learn to trim it into a rollable state and roll it. Use a cigarette paper like Players or Export or something that is thicker and easier to handle until you learn.

you can buy a cigarette roller (head shop, AliExpress, eBay) but there is an art to using that too, unfortunately. Only advantage is that you can roll a real fatty, .5g in a regular paper whereas most people can't manage to hand-roll more than .4g. (You can roll thinner joints in this too.)
rolling.jpg
Your other option might be cone papers. Now filling these is like a game of Operation and the big ones can hold a gram which is not always handy. Because they have a wide end they are hard to snuff out for later until you have smoked more than halfway (which is about 2/3 the weed content).
cone.jpg
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2011
3941 posts
212 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
What do you recommend for a newbie Smiling Face With Sunglasses
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39702 posts
3757 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Simaahoy wrote:
Dec 14th, 2018 8:05 pm
What do you recommend for a newbie Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Smoke a tiny joint at first. 0.3 grams or less. OR split 0.3grams with a friend. Make sure a buddy is around. First time can sometimes be scary, depending on the person.
Don't do the thing where you "hold it in" until you cough... you only get a head rush high because of extra chemicals from the smoke being inhaled too long.

The general rule is Indica (in da couch), makes you all chronic. Zoned out buzzzzzed. So if you want to have a good sleep... or ready to sit down for a netflix binge , this is the one!
Sativa is known to be a "head high" happy giggly type of high. Great for activities... Like reading books.
Hybrid is inbetween both.
This is a general rule as there are so many strains these days bred for different purposes!

Since you're a noob. TRy not to smoke too much. It might look small.. .But smoke the small joint first. You can always go back for more afterwards.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39702 posts
3757 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
lecale wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 5:16 pm
I'd basically take something irregular like catnip and learn to trim it into a rollable state and roll it. Use a cigarette paper like Players or Export or something that is thicker and easier to handle until you learn.

you can buy a cigarette roller (head shop, AliExpress, eBay) but there is an art to using that too, unfortunately. Only advantage is that you can roll a real fatty, .5g in a regular paper whereas most people can't manage to hand-roll more than .4g. (You can roll thinner joints in this too.)

rolling.jpg

Your other option might be cone papers. Now filling these is like a game of Operation and the big ones can hold a gram which is not always handy. Because they have a wide end they are hard to snuff out for later until you have smoked more than halfway (which is about 2/3 the weed content).

cone.jpg
Great tools for easy rolling!

But won't help your hone rolling abilities.

TIPS TO ROLLING

1. Avoid dry hands. Its hard to roll.. You need a wee bit of grip... But not super sticky fingers. So use some hand lotion and give it a few minutes to dry out (so your hands arent too sticky). Or in a pinch... Brush your hair with your hand/fingers. Your scalps natural oils will help. Unless you JUST washed your hair or you are one of the people with dry hair. (which you should see a doc for!)

2. Try using a bigger paper. A buddy of mine likes to use RAW papers because they are larger. You end up having a better grip and leverage on the paper.

3. Use a CARD. I find its the best rolling tool.

4. A good grind. Is your weed a bit wet? Grind it up good. It'll make it easier to roll.
Is your weed a bit dry? I find its easier to roll when dry... But careful on the grinding otherwise it'll turn into mj powder

5. Too lazy to learn? Get a bong or a glass pipe... Fill your bong, light, inhale. Nice and easy. Disadvantage is the clean up... Which isn't too bad. Just swish some alcohol in it and run it under warm water. Or soak overnight in some diluted iso alcohol.
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2015
1067 posts
407 upvotes
North York, ON
Penrose wrote:
Dec 12th, 2018 10:27 am
I need to buy a high quality water bong. but of course I need value as well. I like the beaker style but would also like to be able to be sitting when taking hits and not having to stand up to reach the bong. don't mind getting ashcatcher if it is deemed useful and am looking for good water filteration and easy cleaning.
SAML GLASS 24cm Tall Nuc Matrix Bubbler Matrix Percolator Bong. US $33.55. If possible buy a Borosilicate Glass bong= superior quality.
Lots of high quality clones available. If looking for something cheap and quick try https://www.everyonedoesit.ca/collectio ... B0%5D=Bong
Just remember in most instances you get what you pay for. Thin glass is a no no esp near the neck.
Reg bongs without filtration need cleaning every few days. Filtered less cleaning sessions.

OCS= ripoff prices, low quality, bugs, mold, supply issues...what else could we ask for?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6365 posts
2450 upvotes
Toronto
magoot wrote:
Dec 15th, 2018 10:54 am
OCS= ripoff prices, low quality, bugs, mold, supply issues...what else could we ask for?
OCS has been taking a lot of heat online but I don't really agree with any of this after trying them for myself. The mold issue was specific to one brand and even then if you look through /r/TheOCS many people were happy with that brand until that news broke. Other brands continue to receive positive reviews without issues. My personal experience so far is that the price is fair if not cheaper than local dispensaries (though obviously not cheaper than MOMs) and the quality of the bud itself is excellent for the price, not to mention they deliver to your door in under 48 hours of ordering online at this point.
There are areas where they can improve but they've also only been open for 2 months. I'm going to try to support them and leave feedback while I still order the stuff they don't carry from MOMs.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2007
1137 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Hi
Looking to buy quality cbd oil. All the places I have found online require doctors note.

Any place within GTA that sells quality cbd oil that I can easily buy online or in store?
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1107 posts
392 upvotes
is it possible to buy shatter in ontario? i cant have the smell plus i already had the ecig thing