Off Topic

RFD cannabis discussion thread! Aka marijuana (formally a AMA, but feel free to chat up a cannabis storm!) HAPPY 420 DAY

[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41093 posts
4880 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain

RFD cannabis discussion thread! Aka marijuana (formally a AMA, but feel free to chat up a cannabis storm!) HAPPY 420 DAY

I've been a proponent of cannabis legalization and a marijuana activist for over a decade.
With legalization rolling around the corner next month... I thought i would start an educational thread on cannabis.
I welcome other cannabis experts, users, and activist to join in and help offer opinions and answer questions.

I view ALL cannabis users, dispensers, and enthusiast as activist. Because together, our collective defiance of the law has led to the point where we can finally see the draconian and outdated laws of cannabis prohibition finally being eliminated! So thank you for toking up when everyone told you not to. Your mere spark of a joint, or providing beautiful green plants to people in pain and sickness or just looking for a good time is greatly appreciated. ^___^

My expertise is in
-delivery methods
-strain types
-medical uses
-culture and history (my favourite)

I have some expertise in
-cultivation and agriculture (growing)
-concentrates
-edibles

What is your favourite delivery method? Strain type? And why do you consume cannabis or cannabis products?
Do you wonder if cannabis can be of any benefit to you? Etc etc. ask away!

some of these links may be of use to you.

RFD grow tent thread
Last edited by UrbanPoet on Apr 20th, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
993 replies
Jun 5, 2017
761 posts
102 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
I have a strain right now called purple god (indica strain 31%) so id say thats my favorite strain right now. I vape pot because damb it feels good to be high and its relaxing and just mellows me out. A nice high trips me out alil too which is intense on the brain and trippy which is also a nice feeling and marijuana also promotes deep thinking. when im high im in a completely different state of mind.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2013
5156 posts
397 upvotes
As you can see from my avatar, you know my preferred way to alter my consciousness. What is the difference between being drunk and being high?
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41093 posts
4880 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
CheapScotch wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:06 pm
As you can see from my avatar, you know my preferred way to alter my consciousness. What is the difference between being drunk and being high?
About 700 calories. The equivilent of a cheese burger. It takes me a good few tall boys... or a generous filled scotch to get a buzz going for me.
But a few vapes or small joint and you’ll have an entirely different experience that can be cerebral and mind lifting! Like a good sativa dominant strain that has an emphasis on increasing mood.
Booze is fun dont get me wrong! But it can be a downer...

Cheaper too. 1/4 gram gets most smokers buzzed.

Health wise... i say cannabis has the upper hand in lower calories. Vaping and edibles can mitigate the risk of harmful chemicals from the burning of herbs. Its less then smoking bc it doesnt have the same chemical additives or nicotine. But vaping eliminates pretty much all of it.
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
11377 posts
6197 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Would smoking lots of weed kill brain cells?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41093 posts
4880 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:33 pm
Would smoking lots of weed kill brain cells?
Now this is a question of science!

https://www.livescience.com/505-adult-b ... owing.html

A common misconception is that brain cells don't grow back... But they do.
Combusting dry material herbs does create smoke that contains harmful things like carbon menoxide and carbon dioxide. They do kill a bit of brain cells (which grow back). Which is why i recommend other delivery methods like edibles, or vaping. Vaping is a favourite of mine since it has full flavor and strength. Its much more efficient then rolled joints.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41093 posts
4880 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
brandonly wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 9:44 pm
I have a strain right now called purple god (indica strain 31%) so id say thats my favorite strain right now. I vape pot because damb it feels good to be high and its relaxing and just mellows me out. A nice high trips me out alil too which is intense on the brain and trippy which is also a nice feeling and marijuana also promotes deep thinking. when im high im in a completely different state of mind.
Nice strain bud. What kinda vape do you use?
I miss those volcano with the big bag... Haha its all hand held now.
Apr 15, 2014
705 posts
645 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Daily pot smoker here. Love that it is being legalized - what a time to be alive! I usually smoke from a pipe but will roll a joint once in a awhile. As far as strain goes, I could never tell the difference, honestly. When I order I just ask for the strongest sativa they have.
Please respond
Mar 5, 2012
251 posts
73 upvotes
Midland
For medical uses, is there anything that smoking weed helps that eating edibles do not help?

Does eating edibles increase any issues that smoking does not? For example, problems with stomach and digestive system? I am thinking along the lines of how chewing tabacco can increase mouth cancer risk more than smoking tobacco.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41093 posts
4880 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
Rfd10202 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 11:05 pm
For medical uses, is there anything that smoking weed helps that eating edibles do not help?

Does eating edibles increase any issues that smoking does not? For example, problems with stomach and digestive system? I am thinking along the lines of how chewing tabacco can increase mouth cancer risk more than smoking tobacco.
One big difference is that its easier to dose with smoking. You can easily tell by how much weed you normally smoke. Or just eye ball it.
Some don’t want smoke to go through their lungs. So vaping is a great option. Other not as ideal but relatively clean options are water bongs or pipes that help filter a bit. They help marginally (not much but better then nothing). I actually enjoy rolling up a piece of paper towel to act as a type of cigarette filter.

Edibles , you gotta watch the labels to dose appropiately. Otherwise you get way too high and suffer negatively. Like those dumb toronto cops who ate a bag of gummy bears & went to the hospital on diry. Big lol. But You gotta educate yourself and your local dispensary will gladly guide you. Buy labeled packages. Package can lie... but it is a guideline. Start low for edibles. Yes that chocolate bar looks delicious. But youre only suppose to eat 1 piece or 1/2

There havent been any studies linking edibles to anty long term health effects.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41093 posts
4880 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
ji2o0k wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 11:30 pm
nice thread UP....nice thread....

All I can say is thank goodness for weed stockssssss babbbbbyyyy!!! Let the good times roll!!!
I must admit... Weed stocks have also been increasing the growth of my portfolio!
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
33525 posts
7537 upvotes
Ottawa
UrbanPoet wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 10:41 pm
Now this is a question of science!

https://www.livescience.com/505-adult-b ... owing.html

A common misconception is that brain cells don't grow back... But they do.
Combusting dry material herbs does create smoke that contains harmful things like carbon menoxide and carbon dioxide. They do kill a bit of brain cells (which grow back). Which is why i recommend other delivery methods like edibles, or vaping. Vaping is a favourite of mine since it has full flavor and strength. Its much more efficient then rolled joints.
UrbanPoet wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 11:14 pm
One big difference is that its easier to dose with smoking. You can easily tell by how much weed you normally smoke. Or just eye ball it.
Some don’t want smoke to go through their lungs. So vaping is a great option. Other not as ideal but relatively clean options are water bongs or pipes that help filter a bit. They help marginally (not much but better then nothing). I actually enjoy rolling up a piece of paper towel to act as a type of cigarette filter.

Edibles , you gotta watch the labels to dose appropiately. Otherwise you get way too high and suffer negatively. Like those dumb toronto cops who ate a bag of gummy bears & went to the hospital on diry. Big lol. But You gotta educate yourself and your local dispensary will gladly guide you. Buy labeled packages. Package can lie... but it is a guideline. Start low for edibles. Yes that chocolate bar looks delicious. But youre only suppose to eat 1 piece or 1/2

I have asked this before and no one seems to really answer it. Smoking is smoking, be it tobacco or cabbage leaves or marijuana. The act of burning something and inhaling it should have the same deleterious effects. Tobacco has lots of chemical changes through burning and has been proven cancerous. Is marijuana smoking clear of such changes and non cancerous?
Inhaling is intake of air (and smoke) into your lungs. Vaping is the same process. It goes into your lungs too so, I see not difference between vaping and smoking other than you are not burning the product.
Edibles, I am left to believe that edibles are much slower acting than smoking or vaping. (I have friends and relatives doing medical marijuana products) so, I suspect that as a recreational drug, it would not be as "useful" as smoking or vaping?
I am a child of the sixties so, I am not adverse to the legalization or unaware of its effects. I do remember the effects and events from back then and if the frenzy to participate is as it was back then, I can see the police having pretty big issues with this legalization :)
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.
Mar 5, 2012
251 posts
73 upvotes
Midland
UrbanPoet wrote:
Sep 7th, 2018 11:14 pm

Thanks for the info.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7059 posts
1238 upvotes
I never found the appeal of weed the stuff stinks like burnt grass.
Do you consider it a gourmet product or simply a mind altering substance that is not a high end luxury palatable product like cigars and Scotch ?
Last edited by EdT586 on Sep 8th, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)