Off Topic

RFD cannabis discussion thread! Aka marijuana (formally a AMA, but feel free to chat up a cannabis storm!) HAPPY 420 DAY

Nov 2, 2010
730 posts
128 upvotes
Indica is not for me I believe. It always got me trying to gain control on my body haha.

Anyways I bought a v12 mini twisted glass blunt at Prohibition in Montreal and it's awesome I'm really going to stop smoking papers or blunts.

Now if I could only get my hands on some Blue Dream or Delahze..
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2010
1624 posts
505 upvotes
Alpha Centauri
ReeGee wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 6:58 pm
Redecan Cannabis sold by The OCS found to have bugs and mold! A number of batches and strains are contaminated. This is a developing story on /r/TheOCS since last night and CTV is now reporting on it

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ontario-c ... -1.4188797

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheOCS/comment ... ame=TheOCS
At the OCS the Aurora brand of Cannabis proudly state their products are free of pesticides and gamma-irradiation. What???
No thanks, I won't inhale moulds and bugs into my lungs.
I'll take my medical marijuana which is all gamma-irradiated and research has shown it to be no different minus the mould & bugs.
*Life without friends is like a garden without flowers.
*Children would be less spoiled if we were allowed to spank grandparents.
*Coffee = A liquid hug for your brain.
*Hugs are free, but you only need one to feel good.
Apr 25, 2018
21 posts
6 upvotes
As a Canadian do you think that other countries, that are below average in the economic state, should now legalize also? I'm talking about 3rd world countries
Nov 25, 2002
647 posts
152 upvotes
Kelowna
I'm looking to buy some CBD oil for my mom as a Christmas gift. I have no idea what I'm doing or where to go. The uses would be to help with inflammation, muscle pain and perhaps improve sleep. Non-psychoactive. I would prefer to order online. I'm in BC.

Can someone point me to a specific website and product that fits that bill? I just don't have the time to research this... I'm starting from zero and it feels like there's too much to know and about a hundred choices to consider. Hoping for a simple answer.

Thanks
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27308 upvotes
If there were ever a sign that marijuana has come in from the cold, this surely is it, what’s believed to be Canada’s first curling “bongspiel.”

A Southwestern Ontario club plans a tournament next month combining one of the country’s oldest winter pasttimes, curling, with what’s rapidly becoming a new lifestyle choice, legal weed.

Forget the jokes about stoners and curling stones; the all-day event sold out within 24 hours, with calls coming in from across Ontario and 16 four-person teams signing up at $200 a team.

Music and munchies also are included.

https://lfpress.com/news/local-news/leg ... -bongspiel
Last edited by Guest4727381 on Dec 4th, 2018 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7104 posts
3294 upvotes
Kootenays
smirnoff wrote:
Nov 28th, 2018 12:00 am
I'm looking to buy some CBD oil for my mom as a Christmas gift. I have no idea what I'm doing or where to go. The uses would be to help with inflammation, muscle pain and perhaps improve sleep. Non-psychoactive. I would prefer to order online. I'm in BC.

Can someone point me to a specific website and product that fits that bill? I just don't have the time to research this... I'm starting from zero and it feels like there's too much to know and about a hundred choices to consider. Hoping for a simple answer.

Thanks
I just purchased this "ELIXIR CBD PEPPERMINT ORAL SPRAY" from the BC gov't website. $120 shipped for 150 sprays. It gets good reviews if you google it, but it will be my first CBD product, so I can't vouch for it yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
3574 posts
362 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking for CBD oil. Not tried any, so new to this.

Need it to help with chronic Achilles pain and sleep issues.

Can you please suggest what I should get, where from and what?
Banned
Jan 12, 2015
4107 posts
27308 upvotes
Two new walk-in clinics in Barrie will prescribe medical marijuana

Come January, residents in Barrie will have a new way to access medical marijuana.

Avail Cannabis Clinics in partnership with Express Aid Pharmacy will open two family style-walk-in clinics, and they'll be the only clinics to offer medical marijuana prescriptions in the city.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.4933027
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7003 posts
3259 upvotes
Toronto
I just placed my first ordered with The OCS. Ordered 1g Solei Gather and 1g Canaca Mango for a white elephant gift exchange and then 3.5g of San Rafael Tangerine Dream for myself. Fingers crossed that it ships in a reasonable time. Came out to $59.90 which isn't bad for 5.5g if the quality is on point
Also ordered 3 more of those Zen C02 carts from BC that I posted a couple pages back. Got another Rockstar which is amazing, then trying Shishkaberry and Sour Tangie. I love these things and would vape them exclusively if they weren't so pricey
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3081 posts
603 upvotes
Aurora, ON
ReeGee wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:42 pm
Also ordered 3 more of those Zen C02 carts from BC that I posted a couple pages back. Got another Rockstar which is amazing, then trying Shishkaberry and Sour Tangie. I love these things and would vape them exclusively if they weren't so pricey
You bought for your mom last time? Which did she prefer? Asking for a friend :)

I took a chance and ordered what I hope is good, the pen/sour tangie, rockstar and girl scout cookies. Will make a great stocking stuffer assuming it gets here by Christmas!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7003 posts
3259 upvotes
Toronto
jackie999 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 7:41 am
You bought for your mom last time? Which did she prefer? Asking for a friend :)

I took a chance and ordered what I hope is good, the pen/sour tangie, rockstar and girl scout cookies. Will make a great stocking stuffer assuming it gets here by Christmas!
lol no they're for me and my wife I was being cheeky when I said Mom. I prefer the sativa/hybrid stuff for when I'm going out but the Rockstar and Hindu Kush 1:1 was awesome for relaxing at home. I've tried around 5 different strains now and they're honestly all great. After trying a dozen different vape pens both here and in the US I can say the Zen tanks have consistently been the best quality I've ever tried.
You'll definitely get it by Xmas. I just ordered on Sunday and it'll be here today.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2009
3081 posts
603 upvotes
Aurora, ON
ReeGee wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 12:37 pm
You'll definitely get it by Xmas. I just ordered on Sunday and it'll be here today.
I hope so..look at this tracking for a paperwhite I ordered last week
2018/12/05 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption
2018/12/04 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption
2018/12/03 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption
2018/12/02 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption
2018/12/01 16:47 WINNIPEG, MB Item processed
2018/12/01 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption
2018/11/30 00:01 Canada Delivery may be delayed due to labour disruption
2018/11/29 Electronic information submitted by shipper
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
7003 posts
3259 upvotes
Toronto
jackie999 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 12:52 pm
I hope so..look at this tracking for a paperwhite I ordered last week
I actually had a bunch of those labour disruption messages on both an amazon order and the cartridges but both showed up within a few days. Hoping my OCS order goes as smoothly
Sep 30, 2008
930 posts
601 upvotes
Pickering
cessnabmw wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 2:45 pm
I'm looking for CBD oil. Not tried any, so new to this.

Need it to help with chronic Achilles pain and sleep issues.

Can you please suggest what I should get, where from and what?
In a similar position, looking to get some CBD oil (with no THC , if that exists) for an elder relative who wants to try it but have no idea what to look for. Any help or suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post in the thread.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2007
7104 posts
3294 upvotes
Kootenays
Phat$ wrote:
Dec 6th, 2018 3:44 pm
In a similar position, looking to get some CBD oil (with no THC , if that exists) for an elder relative who wants to try it but have no idea what to look for. Any help or suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM if you don't want to post in the thread.
From what I understand, it's helpful to have a small amount of THC in the product to help activate the CBD.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)