Personal Finance

RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2024 5:35 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1755 posts
285 upvotes
Bought a few 2018 Liberty Burning Sativa coins and am thinking of getting more. I think these will be a slow and steady climb and great for long term. Great looking coin!

This Falcon Lake coin really blindsided me. It's acting similar to Pysanka 1, almost doubling in price over a couple of days.

Initially I dismissed it as a gimmick and another excuse to use the egg planchett. Then I researched the history and became more interested. By then it was almost too late, but thanks to jetsfan69's post I managed to get a couple before they sold out at GW.

The UFO community is excited and talking about this coin in the first 4 1/2 minutes of the video (just stumbled across it in my research):

BTW, also placed a few orders for Falcon Lake coin with CP, but am expecting the usual "Dear Looney" letter soon. Sorry, we regret to inform you...
Apr 4, 2018
68 posts
29 upvotes
so I guess mario95coin did something wrong as his ebay listings are active but hidden. Good thing he has another ebay account to take up the slack in wario95coin and his website where he still does not charge taxes there either.
Such a nice guy, paying taxes on ebay sales, easily over $30k directly to CRA. god bless him!
Apr 4, 2018
68 posts
29 upvotes
Hey any word on UFO coin shipping dates? Mint Website says June 4 but one forum member shows shipped already.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4463 posts
631 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote: Bought a few 2018 Liberty Burning Sativa coins and am thinking of getting more. I think these will be a slow and steady climb and great for long term. Great looking coin!

This Falcon Lake coin really blindsided me. It's acting similar to Pysanka 1, almost doubling in price over a couple of days.

Initially I dismissed it as a gimmick and another excuse to use the egg planchett. Then I researched the history and became more interested. By then it was almost too late, but thanks to jetsfan69's post I managed to get a couple before they sold out at GW.

The UFO community is excited and talking about this coin in the first 4 1/2 minutes of the video (just stumbled across it in my research):

BTW, also placed a few orders for Falcon Lake coin with CP, but am expecting the usual "Dear Looney" letter soon. Sorry, we regret to inform you...
I ignored UFO coin 2 days ago when I saw The Shopping Channel had 4 pcs available for CAD$130 each coin.

Just noticed Apmex had this coin for USD$200 each few minutes ago but soldout immediately.

Amazing.

The Powercoin has this coin at this moment for Euro 150. ( might be gone soon )
https://www.powercoin.it/en/royal-canad ... -2018.html

p.s. Bought Falcon Lake Coin on Amazon.com for USD$172 each ( soldout ). I must be crazy to pay this premium. lol.
Apr 27, 2014
163 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
So i lucked out this morning and found a UFO coin at my local P.O. I got the only coin that was there. I also got a nice low serial number on it. Really nice coin in-hand, the GITD effect is unique!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4463 posts
631 upvotes
CoinCanuck94 wrote: So i lucked out this morning and found a UFO coin at my local P.O. I got the only coin that was there. I also got a nice low serial number on it. Really nice coin in-hand, the GITD effect is unique!
Congratulation. CoinCanuck.

Sadly, I bought mine @USD$172

p.s. at least, I got this coin.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1755 posts
285 upvotes
CoinCanuck94 wrote: So i lucked out this morning and found a UFO coin at my local P.O. I got the only coin that was there. I also got a nice low serial number on it. Really nice coin in-hand, the GITD effect is unique!
You are lucky!

It appears that very few CP outlets were carrying this coin. Not one of the eight PO in my area ordered it. The CP manager that I usually deal with said he didn’t order it because he didn’t think it would sell. He was almost crying…lol.

That might explain why CP online page was taken down yesterday. I called them and was told that the page was overloaded because too many people were trying to access it. So, they removed it.

This is crazy! The coin is a phenomenon, just like the event.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1755 posts
285 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Amazing.

The Powercoin has this coin at this moment for Euro 150. ( might be gone soon )
https://www.powercoin.it/en/royal-canad ... -2018.html

p.s. Bought Falcon Lake Coin on Amazon.com for USD$172 each ( soldout ). I must be crazy to pay this premium. lol.
Not crazy. Powercoin sold out at $200 EURO.

If it’s gone up this quickly in three days within public release I wouldn’t be surprised to see it soar after the second coin in the series is released.

I can’t believe that I watched this coin for a week at $129.95 with no limits and didn't buy. :facepalm:
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4463 posts
631 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote: Not crazy. Powercoin sold out at $200 EURO.

If it’s gone up this quickly in three days within public release I wouldn’t be surprised to see it soar after the second coin in the series is released.

I can’t believe that I watched this coin for a week at $129.95 with no limits and didn't buy. :facepalm:
I am regretting, too.

lol.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1755 posts
285 upvotes
justsilver wrote: Sadly, I bought mine @USD$172
Someone just paid CDN$469 on eBay. "wario" raised price to CDN$569.

Powercoin selling at discounted (lol) rate of USD$299.95 on eBay.

Amazon price of USD$172 already starting to look like a deal.

Update: Powercoin just raised the price to USD $349.95
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4463 posts
631 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote: Someone just paid CDN$469 on eBay. "wario" raised price to CDN$569.

Powercoin selling at discounted (lol) rate of USD$299.95 on eBay.

Amazon price of USD$172 already starting to look like a deal.

Update: Powercoin just raised the price to USD $349.95
Thinking about selling mine now.

lol.
Oct 22, 2011
303 posts
185 upvotes
Canada
Now watch the market be flooded with UFO painted Maple Leaf coins.
Apr 4, 2018
68 posts
29 upvotes
Of course MWario has them in hand, he is working in conjunction with the mint, always has been, already confirmed, why do you think he always has unlimited supply of all new coins, even when they are shipping from the Mint on June 4, and even coins that have limits of 1 he has sold more than just 1 and bless his heart to pay the CRA and not charge buyers, or does he get a sweetheart deal working with the mint? I am surprised that he is not using his 3rd eBay account coin.ads and of course his website http://www.mario95.com has more!
Apr 4, 2018
68 posts
29 upvotes
He is working in conjunction with the mint. He is not motivated by Profit; his prices are regularly close to issue price, mostly with Free Shipping and he accepts far too many offers when his prices are too low to make a profit!
When anyone trys to undercut his price by 1 penny, he immediately changes his price to $10 or $20 below his previous price.
Why would he show that he has so many coins instead of trying to appear that his coins are scarce and therefore he can ask more and make more profit?
If anything he is keeping the prices down! He was the last seller to increase his prices as the Pysanka coins were increasing in price.
How does one person hoard so many and prevent others from getting them? Look at his feedback and how many Best offers he accepts! Look at his listings at how many he has sold! MWario95coin is creating the perfect conditions for the Mints overt mandate of keeping coins affordable to the public and their covert mandate of eliminating the secondary-market. How else would you explain: Constantly reducing prices then selling close to Issue price, No Shipping Fees, 50% of sales are Best Offer accepted and charging NO GST with sales over $250,000.00
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4947 posts
425 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
you spend way too much creeping on the dude and his coin selling habits.
sign by: someone
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1755 posts
285 upvotes
justsilver wrote: New silver medal

https://www.nzmint.com/coin-collections ... ilver-foil

Mintage looks like unlimited

Issue price USD$130 for 35 gram silver
You beat me to it! Can't find any mintage posted anywhere. I'm interested, but not if mintage is unlimited.

In other news TCS has Posdeidon back in stock for $849.95, similar to Powercoin price.

https://thecoinshoppe.ca/product/poseid ... ding-niue/

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)