Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 2:10 pm
Don't see PayPal on RCM anymore (re: paying for 10 pack) Confused Face

Also, barn owl available again
Web order only allowed max 1 pack per household ( max 10 pack through rep only )

I think just buying Stanley Cup Pack for $2.50, is not qualified to pay with Paypal. ( Paypal is accepted over certain amount )
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10917 posts
14417 upvotes
The Mint Boutiques in Vancouver and Ottawa are having a coin exchange for the new Stanley Cup quarter this weekend. The Winnipeg Boutique is having their exchange next weekend.

8 quarters per person per day. Vancouver - March 18, 19, 20. Ottawa - March 18, 20. Winnipeg - March 24, 25.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:26 pm
The Mint Boutiques in Vancouver and Ottawa are having a coin exchange for the new Stanley Cup quarter this weekend. The Winnipeg Boutique is having their exchange next weekend.

8 quarters per person per day. Vancouver - March 18, 19, 20. Ottawa - March 18, 20. Winnipeg - March 24, 25.
It is not really worth the trip to Downtown Vancouver just to exchange " 8 new Stanley Cup Quarters " , which you shall get from bank easily soon.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10917 posts
14417 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 6:37 pm
It is not really worth the trip to Downtown Vancouver just to exchange " 8 new Stanley Cup Quarters " , which you shall get from bank easily soon.
Do you know which will banks have these quarters? Not all banks carry commemorative circulation coins. Its really hard to find them in banks. For example, none of the banks have the circulation 150th loonie. And none in my change yet.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 7:18 pm
Do you know which will banks have these quarters? Not all banks carry commemorative circulation coins. Its really hard to find them in banks. For example, none of the banks have the circulation 150th loonie. And none in my change yet.
RCM just released Stanley Cup special wrap quarter roll today on its website. For sure it takes time for RCM Bulk department to deliver these coins in boxes to banks.

I am just saying that I am not a fan of Stanley Cup and do not want to waste my time to walk to Mint Boutique just for few coins.

Just ordered 10 packs from rep. It is much easier to write e-mail to rep than to walk to Mint Boutique. lol.

p.s. regarding 150th anniversary coins in face value plastic rolls, RCM is fully focusing on selling sets with " premium " and postpone distribution to dealers and banks at face value.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
By the way, I heard Mint Boutique hand stamped customers during coin exchange to prevent customers exchange coins repeatly.

HAND STAMP on RCM customers for few Uncirculated quarter?

Do not like this idea from RCM at all.

p.s. I do not go to RCM Coin Exchange.
Apr 29, 2015
814 posts
120 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 7:52 pm
By the way, I heard Mint Boutique hand stamped customers during coin exchange to prevent customers exchange coins repeatly.

HAND STAMP on RCM customers for few Uncirculated quarter?

Do not like this idea from RCM at all.

p.s. I do not go to RCM Coin Exchange.
No kidding? RCM insulting customers by stamping hands for quarters exchange. Do they think we’re all 12 years old?

I’d pass on it, too.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10917 posts
14417 upvotes
Yes, the RCM boutique hand stamped during the 2nd day of the last coin exchange for 150th looney. Was not hand stamped 1st and 3rd day. 2nd day also reduced the limit to $2.50 from $5.00 because they feared ruling out of stock.

I wouldn't get away with repeat visits anyway because the staff know me.
Have a nice day!

Jan 15, 2006
264 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto 25¢ Stanley Cup coin exchange! Don't miss out!

Tuesday, March 21
11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Community Corner – First Canadian Place Tower
Underground PATH - center area – FCP
100 King St W

A limit of 4 coins per person, while supplies last.
Apr 29, 2015
814 posts
120 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:19 pm
I wouldn't get away with repeat visits anyway because the staff know me.
Have you tried wearing a wig and some lipstick for repeat visits? It's legal these days. You can even use the women's bathroom.

lol
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:10 pm
No kidding? RCM insulting customers by stamping hands for quarters exchange. Do they think we’re all 12 years old?

I’d pass on it, too.
I did felt pretty insulted when I went to Mint Boutique in Vancouver for coin exchange.

Staff ( Asian ) spoke to me loudly in front of other customers, " you were here before, right? You are only allowed once "

Do not want to go back anymore.

p.s. I only went once.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1631 posts
341 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:58 pm
I did felt pretty insulted when I went to Mint Boutique in Vancouver for coin exchange.

Staff ( Asian ) spoke to me loudly in front of other customers, " you were here before, right? You are only allowed once "

p.s. I only went once.
Good grief....if they only knew who they were talking to :facepalm:

You should mention that story to your rep...pretty sure he/she would be appalled...maybe give you something to make up for that awful situation
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:45 pm
Good grief....if they only knew who they were talking to :facepalm:

You should mention that story to your rep...pretty sure he/she would be appalled...maybe give you something to make up for that awful situation
Big company such as RCM

Don't care about customers, including Platinum Prestige member ( me )

lol.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10917 posts
14417 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:58 pm

p.s. I only went once.
I know who you talking about. The guy's name is Andy and he is a jerk. He has been there a long time so he probably thinks he is the boss. There has been a lot of turnover of staff since the store opened in 2010 but Andy has been hanging on. Probably can't find another job elsewhere.
Have a nice day!