RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 29th, 2017 12:52 am
Apr 29, 2015
814 posts
120 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:58 pm
I did felt pretty insulted when I went to Mint Boutique in Vancouver for coin exchange.

Staff ( Asian ) spoke to me loudly in front of other customers, " you were here before, right? You are only allowed once "
Yes, very insulting. No need to single out a customer by raising his voice.

This guy Andy must have low self esteem if he needs to puff himself up by "busting" customers. He's probably not even aware that he's making himself look bad.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 11:40 pm
Yes, very insulting. No need to single out a customer by raising his voice.

This guy Andy must have low self esteem if he needs to puff himself up by "busting" customers. He's probably not even aware that he's making himself look bad.
Especially that was my first and only visit there for particular coin exchange and he embarrassed me.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 11:20 pm
I know who you talking about. The guy's name is Andy and he is a jerk. He has been there a long time so he probably thinks he is the boss. There has been a lot of turnover of staff since the store opened in 2010 but Andy has been hanging on. Probably can't find another job elsewhere.
Yupe, that is the one.

I think RCM prefer him as staff over customers...............

lol.
Apr 29, 2015
814 posts
120 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:53 am
Some days I wish our Canadian currency looked like this........yet it's Burkina Faso (made by I don't know....MCI Germany maybe?)

http://www.powercoin.it/en/africa/2617- ... -2016.html

Mintage:500

Love it

This will be a chuckle for some here who know what's coming from RCM
Ooooohhhh....want it!

What's coming from RCM...What's coming from RCM...What's coming from RCM...???? Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

(Other than the GITD surprise in October)
Oct 22, 2011
241 posts
134 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:53 am
Some days I wish our Canadian currency looked like this........yet it's Burkina Faso (made by I don't know....MCI Germany maybe?)

http://www.powercoin.it/en/africa/2617- ... -2016.html

Mintage:500

Love it

This will be a chuckle for some here who know what's coming from RCM
Just look at those eyes. To bad we don't have a silver coin like that. ;)
I wonder what other animal might look good like that?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1631 posts
341 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 7:34 pm

p.s. regarding 150th anniversary coins in face value plastic rolls, RCM is fully focusing on selling sets with " premium " and postpone distribution to dealers and banks at face value.
Guess Gwako has no problem getting bank rolls (helps to be a dealer since bulk coin program for 'regular folks' terminated at Winnipeg RCM)......anyway, the bank rolls cheaper than special wrap rolls (obviously) and up on his site now that we have reached March 17th

Hopefully we see him put up some GITD toonie rolls........need to know what the embargo date is for the Canada 150 mixed bank rolls? Presumably Canada Day July 1st but I don't know for sure.

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 11:04 am
Guess Gwako has no problem getting bank rolls (helps to be a dealer since bulk coin program for 'regular folks' terminated at Winnipeg RCM)......anyway, the bank rolls cheaper than special wrap rolls (obviously) and up on his site now that we have reached March 17th

Hopefully we see him put up some GITD toonie rolls........need to know what the embargo date is for the Canada 150 mixed bank rolls? Presumably Canada Day July 1st but I don't know for sure.

Missed old days when retail customers can buy directly from RCM Bulk Dep.

Still have 2 boxes of Poppy Quarter & 1 box of Flag Quarter for personal,collection.
Jan 15, 2006
264 posts
29 upvotes
Last edited by cdn on Mar 17th, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1631 posts
341 upvotes
Very upset with RCM atm

Got email today saying I have a $130 credit that expires in 14 days..........Grrrrr

Did not get any indication of this until this moment!!!!!!

I'll let you know how it turns out.......on the phone with RCM

[Edit] apparently they are fielding a lot of calls about this problem.

Solution: extension to end of April and if there's not something in next release I would like then we will discuss further...notes made on the account
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:11 pm
Very upset with RCM atm

Got email today saying I have a $130 credit that expires in 14 days..........Grrrrr

Solution: extension to end of April and if there's not something in next release I would like then we will discuss further...notes made on the account
I got $300 credit and already spent on 50 Cent Coin + Dino
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
3972 posts
664 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
justsilver wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 4:10 pm
I got $300 credit and already spent on 50 Cent Coin + Dino
How'd you get that big of a credit?!
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3955 posts
472 upvotes
dmxlite wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 6:00 pm
How'd you get that big of a credit?!
Just buy buy buy.........

p.s. be frankly, I have no idea how RCM came up with that figure. lol.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4600 posts
314 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
SimuN22 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:11 pm
Very upset with RCM atm

It stated in the letter that they send out with the code. I used it for the MC member coin
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1631 posts
341 upvotes
Lostwords wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 7:53 pm
It stated in the letter that they send out with the code. I used it for the MC member coin
Yeah the issue is, various MC members were never notified of their credit.

Letters didn't go out to some MC Platinum members, like myself.

In my case, I was just notified today (for the first time by email)

Had I known I had a $130 credit, I would have used it on Pysanka

The purpose of the $130 credit is because the monogram collector case is not being sent out this year.

I should have had Dec,Jan,Feb,Mar (4 months) to pick something to use the credit towards. Instead I only was given 2 weeks.

Hence my phone call, and RCM decision to extend the deadline.....so I have 6 weeks. Hopefully something worthwhile in April release