RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2017 5:25 am
Jan 15, 2006
271 posts
30 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 10:18 pm
Just opened my package from RCM. The 10 oz Confederation coin is amazing! The UHR is much better than expected, and the coin and capsule are in perfect shape. They took better care in packaging this time, too.

If my second coin is in the same perfect condition I'll be keeping it. Can't let go of this beautiful piece!
Congrats!

Could you post some photos please?

Thank you!
Apr 29, 2015
848 posts
128 upvotes
Photos of my beautiful coin. Arrived packed in styrofoam. Case was packed separately, as SimuN22 has mentioned.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3960 posts
477 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 3:55 am
Photos of my beautiful coin. Arrived packed in styrofoam. Case was packed separately, as SimuN22 has mentioned.
wow, looks amazing
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3960 posts
477 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 11:29 am
Argh..........You know it's hard enough to pick the 'winners' but crap like this just makes me bang my head against the wall. Zero bat coins for me :cry: I purchased at price of 18.16 € each (with shipping included) = $25.69 CAD and we all know recent eBay sold listings are $117-$125 CAD (including shipping). Invercoin is blacklist for me because they already knew shipping to Canada via registered mail is bad idea because for whatever reason, CP will not track incoming international registered mail. Miguel is nice guy but he shouldn't have shipped registered mail, he knows better. He did ship a parcel cuz it made it all the way to Canada Customs Jan 5th 2017.........then tracking shows no information. Investigation began by Correos Feb 13th, 2017. Below is his email to me this morning :facepalm:

Hello 'my name',

Bad news. Postal Service “Correos” tell us that the parcel is lost. I´m very sorry.

Only once “Correos” give the package for lost and then it was delivered, so it is almost impossible package be found. The only thing we can do is return the money and apologize.

If you have not received the package tell us and we will give you the money back.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Miguel
Really sad news on your bat coin.

It is a lose lose situation for you and Invercoin.

Hope coins will show up eventually ( who knows when )
Apr 13, 2015
72 posts
3 upvotes
I am looking for a Moose privy maple leaf , anyone care to sell one to me (PM please)? Can only find one on the bay. Also when are the last two of that series going to be released?
Jan 15, 2006
271 posts
30 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Nice! Nice! Nice!
Jan 15, 2006
271 posts
30 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Thank you!
Apr 29, 2015
848 posts
128 upvotes
cdn wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 9:35 am
Thank you!
You're welcome, cdn.

Hope you get yours soon. You'll love it!
Jan 15, 2006
271 posts
30 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 9:46 am
You're welcome, cdn.

Hope you get yours soon. You'll love it!
GW please don't cancel my order lol Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10931 posts
14418 upvotes
cdn wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 10:07 am
GW please don't cancel my order lol Face With Tears Of Joy
Why would Gatewest Coins cancel your order? I have ordered dozens of time from me and never had a single cancellations. They have a great reputation and I have not read a single comment on any coin forum where GW "cancelled" an order. The only complaint I hear about GW is they sometimes jack up prices of hot coins right away.
Have a nice day!

Apr 29, 2015
848 posts
128 upvotes
^
Actually, Gatewest has cancelled orders in the past, though I believe they've fixed the problem.

Two recent ones: The 2016 Cherry Blossom coin was oversold, and many orders were cancelled, which upset a few people on this forum. The 2017 Pysanka coin had a limit of three, which was then changed to a limit of 1. Any coins purchased above the limit were cancelled and money refunded.

Gatewest is a good company, but as with other Canadian dealers, they have made mistakes in the past. They’re only human.

I doubt they will cancel any 10 oz medal coin orders.
Dec 3, 2013
576 posts
211 upvotes
Brampton/waterloo
Anyone here who purchased the 2017 new design rolls set? I received mine today, the dime and toonie both ends of the rolls show the queen, I cant even see the design, however the quarter has a coloured one showing on one end, does anyone know if RCM can do something about it or am I out of luck
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4606 posts
316 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
^ you are out of luck. Can always return the whole set and re-order :)
Apr 29, 2015
848 posts
128 upvotes
Lostwords wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 8:23 am
you are out of luck.
100% correct.

RCM advertising deceptively leads us to believe that the reverse is visible at one end of each roll.

The 5 cent roll in my set is a double header. I was told by the dealer that they were “warned” about these. The dealer told me the mint would replace it.

Today, the mint tells me it’s the dealer’s responsibility. I can see the word “sucker” on my forehead again. :facepalm: ⬅ Trying to hide the evidence.
Jan 15, 2006
271 posts
30 upvotes
prefer going to CP in person to pick non-doublehead roll set

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

mddm2014