RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 10:28 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4641 posts
323 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
Well hopefully they have it is nice and they have it in the boutique so I can use some of those $20 for $20 coins
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2795 posts
183 upvotes
I had 2 separate orders with colonial acres, both orders included 5 toonie rolls (GITD mixed rolls) so 10 Rolls total. Each order included a bunch of other rolls and miscellaneous stuff. I received my orders yesterday, turns out they changed my order without even an email. Each order only contained 2 GITD rolls for a total of 4 instead of 10. So I called them and got a free return shipping label and returned everything. Over $1300 for both orders.
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1028 posts
166 upvotes
Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 7:41 am
I had 2 separate orders with colonial acres, both orders included 5 toonie rolls (GITD mixed rolls) so 10 Rolls total. Each order included a bunch of other rolls and miscellaneous stuff. I received my orders yesterday, turns out they changed my order without even an email. Each order only contained 2 GITD rolls for a total of 4 instead of 10. So I called them and got a free return shipping label and returned everything. Over $1300 for both orders.
So, they're really strict with that 5 roll maximum per customer, regardless of how you split the orders. I'm surprised that they didn't notify you about "revising" your order before sending it. Would have saved them return shipping cost. Strange way of doing business.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4054 posts
511 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 8:04 am
So, they're really strict with that 5 roll maximum per customer, regardless of how you split the orders. I'm surprised that they didn't notify you about "revising" your order before sending it. Would have saved them return shipping cost. Strange way of doing business.
Colonial Acres oversold on GITD$2 rolls.

I placed total 20 pcs $2 roll ( 4 orders ) but reduced to 18 pcs $2 roll.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2795 posts
183 upvotes
Look at at the prices gatewest has on the toonie rolls, not even sure if it's the mixed rolls.

CA way oversold and I'm very disappointed that I didn't even receive a courtesy email. Those rolls were for sale for quite awhile after I ordered mine. So far all other companies have delivered on their toonie rolls.
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1028 posts
166 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 9:14 am
Colonial Acres oversold on GITD$2 rolls.

I placed total 20 pcs $2 roll ( 4 orders ) but reduced to 18 pcs $2 roll.
Good to know that multiple orders worked.

However, it's disappointing that (after the sell out) CA changed some orders without informing customers.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4054 posts
511 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 10:26 am
Good to know that multiple orders worked.

However, it's disappointing that (after the sell out) CA changed some orders without informing customers.
CA refunded me through Paypal and notified me through Paypal

Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2795 posts
183 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:11 am
CA refunded me through Paypal and notified me through Paypal

I never received any message like that or receive the refund yet. I'm pretty outraged. I didn't pay with PayPal
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2795 posts
183 upvotes
Just received another 10 Rolls from another store, 4 out of 10 have the GITDT showing. Pretty pleased
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4054 posts
511 upvotes
Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:26 am
I never received any message like that or receive the refund yet. I'm pretty outraged. I didn't pay with PayPal
If paid though credit card, partial refund will appear on credit card's next month statement.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1705 posts
365 upvotes
Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 9:21 am
Look at at the prices gatewest has on the toonie rolls, not even sure if it's the mixed rolls.

CA way oversold and I'm very disappointed that I didn't even receive a courtesy email. Those rolls were for sale for quite awhile after I ordered mine. So far all other companies have delivered on their toonie rolls.
re: Gatewest

Canada 150 Mixed Roll GITD Toonie....... $74.95/$50fv = 1.499X (premium).....Strict Limit 2 per customer

Canada 150 Loonie Roll........... $39.95/$25fv = 1.598X (premium).....Strict limit 3 per customer............ Funny loonie roll commanding higher premium atm

btw banks in my area 'at best' received one, two, or on very rare occasion, three boxes of GITD Toonie each....many branches received zero......I'm now told there are no more (local CIBC inquired to head office/distribution center on my behalf). Seems to me RCM Winnipeg did a good job of sprinkling them around and making it difficult for collector/hoarders like myself......lol......... Shutting down the bulk coin program (selling boxes from Winnipeg directly to customers like myself) in advance of 2017 stuffs def let the avg. Canadian have better chance of finding one in their pocket change.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2795 posts
183 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 11:41 am
If paid though credit card, partial refund will appear on credit card's next month statement.
I check my activity daily. I would've seen the refund by now you'd hope. Do you guys really wait for each statement every month to check the activity.

That credit card statement came due already, should I have the refund by the due date? I'm talking about the refund for the rolls they never shipped, not the refund for the orders I sent back yesterday. Plus I never received any email about the changes to my orders.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1705 posts
365 upvotes
Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Jun 15th, 2017 12:46 pm
I check my activity daily. I would've seen the refund by now you'd hope. Do you guys really wait for each statement every month to check the activity.

That credit card statement came due already, should I have the refund by the due date? I'm talking about the refund for the rolls they never shipped, not the refund for the orders I sent back yesterday. Plus I never received any email about the changes to my orders.
^I'd be on the phone

In other news, the ebay listing on rolls are interesting (btw, none of these are mine)

Toonie (9 avail. 6 sold) price $93.95 + $5.95 shipping....well known eBay seller here

But I like this idea better ;) Loonie (10 avail. 1 sold) price $99.99 + $1.50 shipping.....also another well known eBay seller here

p.s. Looked at the CP catalogue........3oz silver gold plated maple leaf reminds me of gold-plated half oz Inukshuk idea from last year......personally I will pass on big gold coin that is actually silver coin. I am also wondering if the big 5oz clock coin with green hands (oxidized copper from roof of building) is the piece Bromberg was hinting at a while back on Shopping Channel......wouldn't surprise me

The GITD Parliament is kinda neat with Snowbirds flying overhead and the Fireworks appearing as the GITD feature......but alas........my wallet stays closed on all these stuffs...good luck to those that order (public release July 4th).......attractive coins for sure...........I'm just more selective than ever these days.......lol
Oct 27, 2012
244 posts
47 upvotes
GTA
Managed to pick up a roll of GITD toonies from a CIBC yesterday... got 10/25 coloured ones. They had loonie rolls in abundance, so I also picked up one roll.
Oct 27, 2012
244 posts
47 upvotes
GTA
As another update - it seems a lot of banks in the Toronto financial district got shipments of the new toonie rolls. For 10 in total, but only one with a GITD toonie facing out at the edge of the roll.

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 1 guest)

Stopper35, mts