Personal Finance

RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 17th, 2017 9:16 pm
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10959 posts
14442 upvotes
Reminds me of the last roll of penny that sold for $6000; the one numbered 20,000/20,000. I wondered how much that roll is worth if the person tries to sell it now. No reputable dealer, auction house, or coin expert would value it anywhere close to $6000. The only way to re-sell it is to find another sucker on eBay.
Last edited by LonesomeDove on Jul 30th, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day!

Apr 27, 2014
102 posts
17 upvotes
Mississauga
I asked mariocoin why he priced it so high and he said "due to low ball offers when my price was "regular", then in response to low ball offers then i counter offered with an exaggerated price after first raising my price"
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1644 posts
344 upvotes
New 2017 PF Britannia is out........At first I hated it but seen at a distance, it kind of works.......the map of UK kind of looks like hints of the flowing fabric you'd expect Britannia to be wearing...........it's growing on me but I'm not in a rush...

In other news, I'm anxious to see the CIT releases tomorrow.......here's the ANA Sneak Peak link

Also PowerCoin has put up many of the Perth Mint Forthcoming Release....here eg. ST: NG '30th Anniversary' feat. Picard , GB: Stay Puft, Norse Goddesses: Hel etc.

Busy week for coins this week...
Images
  • 36157939241_1fbe12b0a3_o.jpg
  • IMG_0110.JPG
  • 35457947014_1bbb228bb4_o.jpg
Apr 29, 2015
886 posts
135 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 12:28 pm
New 2017 PF Britannia is out........At first I hated it but seen at a distance, it kind of works.......the map of UK kind of looks like hints of the flowing fabric you'd expect Britannia to be wearing...........it's growing on me but I'm not in a rush...

Norse Goddesses: Hel
I also got notification of the new 2017 PF Britannia. No matter how many times I look at it my view remains the same: I don’t like it.

That new Norse goddess 2oz coin is ugly as hell, imo.

lol
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1593 posts
302 upvotes
Indy
SimuN22 wrote:
Jul 31st, 2017 12:28 pm

In other news, I'm anxious to see the CIT releases tomorrow.......here's the ANA Sneak Peak link

Also PowerCoin has put up many of the Perth Mint Forthcoming Release....here eg. ST: NG '30th Anniversary' feat. Picard , GB: Stay Puft, Norse Goddesses: Hel etc.

Busy week for coins this week...
No, this is the worst Britannia design ever. This year's release gives me a good reason to call it a day on this series. Money saved!
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1593 posts
302 upvotes
Indy
There was another approx. 7min sell-out at the US Mint today - of this set, despite the 225k mintage. Crazy...
But I doubt it will have long-term potential.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1644 posts
344 upvotes
mansun1976 wrote:
Aug 1st, 2017 2:54 pm
There was another approx. 7min sell-out at the US Mint today - of this set, despite the 225k mintage. Crazy...
But I doubt it will have long-term potential.
^yeah I dunno, seems like the huge dealers like GovMint/MCM, PCE, BE, JMB, etc. always scoop these stuffs up in bulk & send for grading...unless of course, purchase limits are strictly enforced...

In other news despite CIT releasing Everest, I am underwhelmed. Cobra is ok but mostly I was looking forward to Skull #2...which I think I'll also pass on.....see pirate skull and the other CIT releases here

Was looking forward to PM Forthcoming Releases (Sept. 5) but nothing catches my interest there either :rolleyes: http://www.perthmint.com.au/forthcoming-releases.aspx
Apr 29, 2015
886 posts
135 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Aug 3rd, 2017 8:50 pm
Great looking modified coin IMHO and interesting considering this rare event does happen this summer (Aug 21st)

https://firstcoincompany.com/S/usa-tota ... lated-1-oz
It's a nice looking coin. They're getting more creative.

I also like the Moon Mask coin and the Clock Time coin. Not your typical modified coins. Lowering mintages to 100 on these is a smart move.

https://firstcoincompany.com/S/canada-m ... lated-1-oz

https://firstcoincompany.com/S/canada-c ... ality-1-oz
Sep 23, 2012
69 posts
17 upvotes
OTTAWA
Looney4Numi wrote:
Aug 4th, 2017 5:59 am
It's a nice looking coin. They're getting more creative.

I also like the Moon Mask coin and the Clock Time coin. Not your typical modified coins. Lowering mintages to 100 on these is a smart move.
The lower production runs are the result of fewer collectors buying these novelty pieces. I think many collectors have realized that these pieces aren't good long-term holds.
Apr 29, 2015
886 posts
135 upvotes
CoinCollector wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 2:33 pm
The lower production runs are the result of fewer collectors buying these novelty pieces. I think many collectors have realized that these pieces aren't good long-term holds.
If you look at recent eBay sales you'll see that these are selling quite well, especially the Tuvalu Star Trek coloured coins. I like these Star Trek coins, but won't pay more than $55, including shipping. That goes for all coloured bullion coins, no matter how tempted I am.

Interesting. If they make them people will buy them. A few keep their value even better than some RCM numis.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2760 posts
168 upvotes
Why, are banks no longer taking them? I hope that's not the case Winking Face
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10959 posts
14442 upvotes
davka wrote:
Aug 7th, 2017 11:25 pm
$25 for 24.15 free delivery when you buy 21....
good deal?
https://a-preciousmetals.com/ca/2016-ca ... r-fun.html
Depends on what you want them for. Personal collection or sale/redemption at banks?

At .85 difference per coin and 21 of them that is $17.85 earned. Too much trouble for me to earn $17.85.

But I suppose it is worth it if you buy a few hundred of them and return them to banks.

Edit: Looks like people bought them all. Could not put more than one into cart.
Have a nice day!

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 1 guest)

airunner, mts, CoinCanuck94