• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 5:49 am
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4006 posts
494 upvotes
dmxlite wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 3:39 pm
Is the background smooth, or dimpled like the stock photo/render?
Talking about 5oz Voyageur?

I do not have coin with me at this moment, I can take photo on the coin tonight.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
3994 posts
670 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
justsilver wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 4:08 pm
Talking about 5oz Voyageur?

I do not have coin with me at this moment, I can take photo on the coin tonight.
Yep, in CoinCanuck94's photo it looks like it's a smooth background, but in the stock render they make it look like it's dimpled on both sides of the coin.
Jan 15, 2006
314 posts
36 upvotes
The stock photo is right - it's dimpled.
5oz.jpg
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4006 posts
494 upvotes
dmxlite wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 4:28 pm
Yep, in CoinCanuck94's photo it looks like it's a smooth background, but in the stock render they make it look like it's dimpled on both sides of the coin.
Like CDN mentioned, both sides of the coin dimpled.

Apr 29, 2015
956 posts
154 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 11:54 am
Understood your action. It is called " peer pressure "

lol.
...plus a little pinch of normal, healthy greed. ; - )
Apr 29, 2015
956 posts
154 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Sep 9th, 2017 8:30 pm
Like CDN mentioned, both sides of the coin dimpled.
I like dimples. :-)

I think this hammered-like surface looks good. It seems to add texture and makes it more interesting, imo.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4006 posts
494 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 7:37 pm
5oz Voyageur Sold Out at West Edmonton C & S.
You, sure are seriously tracking 5oz Voyageur Coin.

lol.

p.s. Talisman & Gatewest are still selling this coin under CAD$600, both have limit of 1 pc per customer.
Apr 29, 2015
956 posts
154 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 9:58 pm
You, sure are seriously tracking 5oz Voyageur Coin.

lol.

p.s. Talisman & Gatewest are still selling this coin under CAD$600, both have limit of 1 pc per customer.
Yup...been checking every day, and I don't think I'm the only one. lol

Very curious to see how this one will do, considering the success of the 2oz Voyageur coin.

I expect the 5oz Voyageur and Penny from this set to appreciate, unlike the others from this current set.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
3994 posts
670 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone seen the Raven Brings the Light coin in real life? Is it as nice as the mint.ca stock pic, or ugly like the Apmex pic? There is one ebay photo that makes it look like the latter, but that's quite ugly and I can't believe RCM can be so bad at putting black color on a coin.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
10987 posts
14487 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Sep 10th, 2017 11:16 pm
Very curious to see how this one will do, considering the success of the 2oz Voyageur coin.
I expect the 5oz Voyageur and Penny from this set to appreciate, unlike the others from this current set.
The difference between the 5 oz Voyageur coin and the 2 oz Voyageur coin is that the 5 oz coin is available to whoever wants one, whereas the 2 oz was impossible to get outside the RCM . Dealers did not have it, the post office did not have it. This 5 oz coin seems pretty easy to find and is still available at a couple of dealers. So whoever wants the 5 oz coin probably got it by now.

Not only that, some people bought multi units of the new coin, so there could be lots of coins flooding the market soon. So could the market absorp the extra coins given that the people who really want the coin already have it.
Have a nice day!

Apr 29, 2015
956 posts
154 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 6:41 pm
This 5 oz coin seems pretty easy to find and is still available at a couple of dealers.

Not only that, some people bought multi units of the new coin, so there could be lots of coins flooding the market soon. So could the market absorb the extra coins given that the people who really want the coin already have it.
Quick sell out with limited dealers carrying the single coin. Available only at Gatewest for $600, limit of one. A few offered on eBay atm for higher price. (U.S. dealers too expensive with shipping, etc.)

Since only a few dealers offered this single coin with strict limits of one (unless you're sneaky) I can't imagine flooding in the market. Only time will tell, though.

Improbable imo that this 5oz Voyageur would plummet in price like this: https://www.colonialacres.com/product-p ... -569ts.htm
Oct 12, 2016
52 posts
7 upvotes
@Looney4Numi
Yes you are correct about the 2017 big coin (fish) lol priced at 399.00; however, it comes with the capsule only. No clamshell and no graphic beauty box. I guess it is great for those who have the collector box and wish to fill it:)))))
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4635 posts
323 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
New1954 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:00 pm
@Looney4Numi
Yes you are correct about the 2017 big coin (fish) lol priced at 399.00; however, it comes with the capsule only. No clamshell and no graphic beauty box. I guess it is great for those who have the collector box and wish to fill it:)))))
it's also an ugly coin :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)