Personal Finance

RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 5:49 am
Member
Jan 15, 2006
314 posts
36 upvotes
New1954 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:00 pm
@Looney4Numi
Yes you are correct about the 2017 big coin (fish) lol priced at 399.00; however, it comes with the capsule only. No clamshell and no graphic beauty box. I guess it is great for those who have the collector box and wish to fill it:)))))
From the subscription set (cardboard box)
Sr. Member
Apr 29, 2015
956 posts
154 upvotes
New1954 wrote:
Sep 11th, 2017 8:00 pm
@Looney4Numi
Yes you are correct about the 2017 big coin (fish) lol priced at 399.00; however, it comes with the capsule only. No clamshell and no graphic beauty box. I guess it is great for those who have the collector box and wish to fill it:)))))
I didn't think they'd drop the price by $161 just because it was missing the clamshell and box, so I double checked. Was surprised to see that CA is still selling this coin for $559.95 with the clamshell and box. That's a huge discount for the coin and COA only.

Anyway, as you say, these deals are good for those with the collector box or extra clamshell cases.
Sr. Member
Apr 29, 2015
956 posts
154 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Sep 8th, 2017 7:34 pm
Just picked up West Edmonton Coin's package from Canada Post.

Guess we all get low COA numbers from West Edmonton Coin on Voyageur Coins.

Image
I got lucky COA 77. They must have been going backwards because I bought just after you. : - )

The relief is higher than expected, the details are striking, and I like that the figures in the canoe are darker, which creates a beautiful contrast. Maybe I watch too many movies, but it almost looks as if they're going to paddle right off the edge of the coin...lol

I can't stop admiring it.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 27, 2014
132 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
Looney4Numi wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:31 am
I got lucky COA 77.
Wow lucky number! I got number 15 on the 2015 gold-plated voyageur! :) I am hoping I can get number 18 on the other coin I ordered, but its a long shot.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4006 posts
494 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:31 am
I got lucky COA 77. They must have been going backwards because I bought just after you. : - )

The relief is higher than expected, the details are striking, and I like that the figures in the canoe are darker, which creates a beautiful contrast. Maybe I watch too many movies, but it almost looks as if they're going to paddle right off the edge of the coin...lol

I can't stop admiring it.
For sure, you watched too many movies. lol.

77 is good COA number.

Just received 5 oz Voyageur from Gatewest, COA is 600s / 1500
Newbie
Oct 12, 2016
52 posts
7 upvotes
That new 5 ounce 150 Icons coin is already awaiting stock at RCM.

Could this be another Bromberg commissioned coin????
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jun 1, 2006
10987 posts
14487 upvotes
New1954 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 12:04 pm
That new 5 ounce 150 Icons coin is already awaiting stock at RCM.

Could this be another Bromberg commissioned coin????
Back in stock now.

According to the email from my rep, it say their team designed it. So it is not a commissioned coin.
Our team had the wonderful opportunity to work with the Royal Canadian Mint's talented product development team as well as artist Tami Mayrand in the development of this stunning coin. We had a lot of discussions back and forth about the design and we are very proud with the final result. I hope that you'll enjoy this coin as well as I do. I can arrange for up to 4 monthly payments of $129.99 if you want. We are expecting this coin to sell very fast so please get back to me quickly if this coin is of interest.
Another indication it is not a commissioned coin is you could buy as many as you like at the RCM or any of the other dealers. No limit.
Last edited by LonesomeDove on Sep 12th, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day!


Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 27, 2014
132 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
Got my coin from Gatewest and I noticed there is a plating error on the canoe. What should I do, sell or return?
Images
  • 21729680_10159449955750515_90434256_o.jpg
  • 21733475_10159449954450515_1338517990_o.jpg
Sr. Member
Dec 4, 2006
648 posts
74 upvotes
CoinCanuck94 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 1:51 pm
Got my coin from Gatewest and I noticed there is a plating error on the canoe. What should I do, sell or return?
I just saw it on eBay, but beats me I see no difference. Care to explain?
For Sale:
2016 Star Trek Delta Gold, 2014 Donald Duck Gold
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 27, 2014
132 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
Compared to the coin I got from Canada Post, the rose-gold plating is off center with the canoe, I think i may just return the coin unless anyone wants to buy it off me for $600 plus tracked ship via PayPal, feel free to DM.
Sr. Member
Dec 4, 2006
648 posts
74 upvotes
CoinCanuck94 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:14 pm
Compared to the coin I got from Canada Post, the rose-gold plating is off center with the canoe, I think i may just return the coin unless anyone wants to buy it off me for $600 plus tracked ship via PayPal, feel free to DM.
I don't think this is kind of error people would like to have.
For Sale:
2016 Star Trek Delta Gold, 2014 Donald Duck Gold
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2014
1090 posts
96 upvotes
mts wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 6:31 pm
I don't think this is kind of error people would like to have.
Exactly. That's an ugly error. Would return the coin if it was me.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
3994 posts
670 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
CoinCanuck94 wrote:
Sep 12th, 2017 5:14 pm
Compared to the coin I got from Canada Post, the rose-gold plating is off center with the canoe, I think i may just return the coin unless anyone wants to buy it off me for $600 plus tracked ship via PayPal, feel free to DM.
I think I see that now. I have same issue with my whispering maple coin... but I decided to keep mine.
Sr. Member
Dec 4, 2006
648 posts
74 upvotes
New free MC coin:
Master of the Land: The Timber Wolf
For Sale:
2016 Star Trek Delta Gold, 2014 Donald Duck Gold

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)