Personal Finance

RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2017 9:20 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1063 posts
170 upvotes
What's wrong with Canada? It's now a crime to mistakenly call someone a "he" instead of a "she," yet it's acceptable to blatantly lie and deceive.

Top 5 funniest statements/phrases of today's Shopping Channel show:

1) "The 2018 Big Coin series is completely sold out across the country."

2) "The Voyageur coin is selling between $900 and $1,000."

3) "Not only just still at issue price."

4) The 10oz Superman Shield coin: "Going faster than a speeding bullet."

Winner of the day:

5) Speaking of most RCM coins: "You'll always have that store of value."
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11065 posts
14541 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Oct 4th, 2017 9:17 pm
What's wrong with Canada? It's now a crime to mistakenly call someone a "he" instead of a "she," yet it's acceptable to blatantly lie and deceive.

Top 5 funniest statements/phrases of today's Shopping Channel show:

1) "The 2018 Big Coin series is completely sold out across the country."

2) "The Voyageur coin is selling between $900 and $1,000."

3) "Not only just still at issue price."

4) The 10oz Superman Shield coin: "Going faster than a speeding bullet."

Winner of the day:

5) Speaking of most RCM coins: "You'll always have that store of value."
Pretty hilarious, isn't it? The Voyageur Coin is not sold out everywhere. You can get it for issue at Canada Post and other dealers.

The only one selling for $900 is his sister company, CC&C, and I doubt they sold many at that price.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2005
1085 posts
58 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 5:16 pm
New circ Toonie unveils day after tomorrow (Oct 5th) in Calgary at the Military Museums, Crowchild Trail with applicable ceremonies and Coin exchange

100th Anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge

Btw GovMint/MCM offering to pay collectors $85 USD if you are able to order hh limit of two sets ‘2017 Limited Edition Silver Proof Sets’ .....also happens Oct 5th.....PM me and I’ll forward you the email if interested. Here’s the link to the set they’re after

https://catalog.usmint.gov/united-state ... t-schedule
sent you a pm
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39301 posts
1405 upvotes
Richmond Hill
SimuN22 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 5:16 pm
New circ Toonie unveils day after tomorrow (Oct 5th) in Calgary at the Military Museums, Crowchild Trail with applicable ceremonies and Coin exchange

100th Anniversary of the Battle of Vimy Ridge

Btw GovMint/MCM offering to pay collectors $85 USD if you are able to order hh limit of two sets ‘2017 Limited Edition Silver Proof Sets’ .....also happens Oct 5th.....PM me and I’ll forward you the email if interested. Here’s the link to the set they’re after

https://catalog.usmint.gov/united-state ... t-schedule
Still seems to be available, will they pull the offer?
**BRAND NEW** Unlocked LG G5 - Silver **$300**
Silver Coins | LG G5 Silver | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4670 posts
330 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
$22USD for shipping (and surcharge) to Canada.. hm...
Cityfone & Koodo customer
Dec 4, 2006
681 posts
80 upvotes
It looks like RCM got some leftovers of MC wooden cases, so they decided to send me one for free. :)
For Sale:
2016 Star Trek Delta Gold
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1713 posts
368 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:22 pm
Still seems to be available, will they pull the offer?
It's the kind of thing that sells out in less than 4 minutes UNLESS mint imposes strict hh limit. The reason is because Govmint/MCM, PCE etc etc. buy up huge volumes and send for grading.

This time around, strict limit of 2 per hh is resulting in still available hours after release.

Usually selling to MCM/GovMint is the kind of thing Mansun takes advantage of for a 'free lunch'.......yes much easier to do if you are USA RFDer

I doubt MCM/GovMint would pull the offer.......they make good money in premiums off of 70s sets..........especially FDI, ER or FR labels
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1811 posts
334 upvotes
Whitby
I like the looks of this set and ordered one to keep.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39301 posts
1405 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mts wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 2:27 pm
It looks like RCM got some leftovers of MC wooden cases, so they decided to send me one for free. :)
I got one as well, but I imagine it was because I qualified for the promotion for a free case and $50 credit back in August.
**BRAND NEW** Unlocked LG G5 - Silver **$300**
Silver Coins | LG G5 Silver | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4077 posts
516 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 4:20 pm
It's the kind of thing that sells out in less than 4 minutes UNLESS mint imposes strict hh limit. The reason is because Govmint/MCM, PCE etc etc. buy up huge volumes and send for grading.

This time around, strict limit of 2 per hh is resulting in still available hours after release.

Usually selling to MCM/GovMint is the kind of thing Mansun takes advantage of for a 'free lunch'.......yes much easier to do if you are USA RFDer

I doubt MCM/GovMint would pull the offer.......they make good money in premiums off of 70s sets..........especially FDI, ER or FR labels
US Mint is selling 2017 Silver Proof Set with no limit now ( limit 2 sets per household previously )