• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 11:34 am
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1058 posts
169 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 9:47 am
137pcs available at this moment, no max order restriction.

I skipped this coin.
Definitely not a flipping coin. I bought one to add to my collection. Will look nice with the 2016 Renewed Silver Dollar. Bought an extra one for a gift.

It was available at TCS (sold out now) and is available at Dazzling Coins as well. So, it's not exclusive to MC members anymore, despite their claim.

http://www.dazzlingcoins.com/new-releas ... 17-canada/
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1058 posts
169 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 2:38 pm
Fresh news:

PowerCoin Italy has commissioned a new concept 3oz Coin from Coin Invest Trust (CIT).

Should see it later this month. It should be impressive by the sounds of it. Obviously a Coin #1 of a new series if it does well...

All I know is it combines Ancient Greek famous artwork + Roman influences & loosely connected to architecture of sorts.....
Looking forward to seeing this one.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1058 posts
169 upvotes
After seeing the new lower VIP prices at CA I'm cancelling my two 2017 "MC" Renewed Silver Dollar coins. CC&C is selling one a day. RCM killed this series.

As much as I like this coin, I see discounts coming soon from dealers. Tired of losing money on RCM products.

No bids on 5oz Voyageur coin for $499.95 including shipping:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2018-BIG-COIN-S ... 1438.l2649
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1167 posts
198 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I have a source where I am able to get 3 of the Big Voyageur Dollar coin for 20% off.

Now I need your opinion, is this a good price? Should I buy 3 of them and then trade the other 2 for other coins in the series as they come out? Or is this a bad idea as I do not want to be stuck with 3x Voyageurs in the future. Help please :)
[external link removed]
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1712 posts
367 upvotes
wilson_wu wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 2:09 pm
I have a source where I am able to get 3 of the Big Voyageur Dollar coin for 20% off.

Now I need your opinion, is this a good price? Should I buy 3 of them and then trade the other 2 for other coins in the series as they come out? Or is this a bad idea as I do not want to be stuck with 3x Voyageurs in the future. Help please :)
Personally I'd stay away from those (even at 20% off) unless you want for your personal collection...IMHO. Maybe others will have a difft opinion...

So far here's a short list of things that have done well in 2017:

Mint of Poland - Ares (2oz silver)
NZ Mint - Star Wars Movie Poster No. 1 (1oz silver)
Perth Mint - Swan (BU and PF) 1oz silver
Meyer Mint - Nautical Santa Maria 1oz silver

Notable mention:
South African Mint - some silver krug stuffs
RCM - GITD Toonie for Canada 150
Austria GITD series (but waning a bit)

Hopefully others can add to the list.......btw.....fast sellout is not what I consider 'doing well' since you find fast sellout items at 'all the dealers'
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11054 posts
14538 upvotes
wilson_wu wrote:

Don't do it. The coin is dead as a doornail. The coin is selling for below issue on eBay if you look at the best offer accepted prices. One sold for best offer accepted price of $531 or after eBay fees around $460 or a 20% loss from issue price.

If you want one for your personal collection see if you could buy one for 20% but not all 3. The person trying to sell 3 off them wants to get rid of them before the prices drop further.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2523 posts
67 upvotes
wilson_wu wrote:

I would negotiate. If you can get it for 30% off - try to find 1 other forum member willing to buy. I'll take 1 for 30% off ($400). :-)
Dec 4, 2006
681 posts
80 upvotes
Speaking of this rose gold set. Does anyone want this set without voyageur coin?
For Sale:
2016 Star Trek Delta Gold
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1976 posts
939 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Looking for suggestions for some ideas in the following scenario:

Son referees soccer and I’m looking to get a coin for him to flip when teams pick sides and who gets first possession at start of game

Should be an interesting or cool, unique, and ideally Canadian coin for him to toss

It should be very clear which side is heads vs tails

Size and weight should be between a quarter and a loonie

Cost could be up to $50 though $25 or less would be preferred

Ideally it would hold its value, but it will be used regularly and won’t be sitting in a protective case on a shelf, the point is I don’t want to buy something pristine for $50 that drops in value to $2 the moment it comes out of its wrapper and he uses it for his first coin toss

Any and all suggestions from the experts here would be most welcome!
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4009 posts
675 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How old is he and when did he start being a referee?
Sep 26, 2016
5 posts
1 upvote
RCM coins either goes instantly upwards or they become duds, at least your not paying issue.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
1976 posts
939 upvotes
Oakville, ON
dmxlite wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 5:16 pm
How old is he and when did he start being a referee?
He’s 16 now and started when he was 14. He’s taking an upgrade course in the winter so he can branch out to doing some competitive games as well as the house league games he’s been doing. He’s pretty keen on it and likes the pay!