• Last Updated:
  • Nov 18th, 2017 2:01 am
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4074 posts
515 upvotes
mansun1976 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 10:46 am
APMEX just listed a Panda privy Kook for the 2017 Berlin World Money Fair - Mintage is only 8k. But a Panda on a Kook coin???
Thanks for the info.

Mintage 8000 pcs is tempting
Jul 25, 2012
131 posts
8 upvotes
CA
BrianT41 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:21 am
Wow, slanderous allegation ya got there. Choice Mint is not and has nothing to do with Benchmark. I’d suggest you get your facts straight before making false allegations on the internet. That’s too bad about your 7 coin sets but don’t give up hope, these things usually work themselves out. And just to be clear, Choice Mint is not in the business of pumping out coin after coin after coin. 3 to 4 coins per year of the highest quality is the goal. Ymir was announced just 2 weeks ago and will be shipping to authorized dealers next week. Have a good day.
Is this Brian T from Choice Mint? No slander or accusations towards your company was intended, I simply asked the question due to the similarity in name. Thanks for clarifying.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11048 posts
14533 upvotes
euphoria18_79 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:56 pm
Curious.. Whats the going rate on the Masters Club case? I doubt it matters... but its last years lol. Mine is still sitting in the box, and im sure i wont be using it.
eBay sellers are selling them for $200+ but you can order one for $115 from the RCM.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1712 posts
367 upvotes
BrianT41 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 11:21 am
Wow, slanderous allegation ya got there. Choice Mint is not and has nothing to do with Benchmark. I’d suggest you get your facts straight before making false allegations on the internet. That’s too bad about your 7 coin sets but don’t give up hope, these things usually work themselves out. And just to be clear, Choice Mint is not in the business of pumping out coin after coin after coin. 3 to 4 coins per year of the highest quality is the goal. Ymir was announced just 2 weeks ago and will be shipping to authorized dealers next week. Have a good day.
Is BrianT41 actually Brian T (President)?? Kinda neat to have the President of Choice Mint contributing to this little forum thread.

Anyway in fairness to Addielise , I'm looking forward to more clarity on this...btw.....also hope the Libertad set shows up!!

Quote from https://www.powercoin.it/en/249-choice-mint
Choice Mint
The Choice Mint is an all-new coin producer based in the United States and run by the guys that also run Choice Bullion, a well respected American coin dealer. There’s very clearly a desire there to be the best and to push boundaries.

Not sure Brian T is explaining this clearly when you click on Choice Bullion you now go straight to Benchmark
https://www.choicemint.com/dealer-locator/
Last edited by SimuN22 on Nov 10th, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 4, 2006
678 posts
79 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 4:10 pm
RCM does not sell the MC case, just the regular RCM case.
Sure it does ... just to MC members.
For Sale:
2016 Star Trek Delta Gold
Nov 9, 2017
2 posts
4 upvotes
Guys. To be clear. Choice Bullion and Choice Mint were related companies up until last year. When we split up, I took Choice Mint and my former partner took CB and renamed it Benchmark. He's a stand up person and would never take the money and run from someone. I trust him beyond belief. He's dealing with some intermediary issues which cannot be discussed here and now, but trust in that all will be revealed soon and you will get your sets.

Choice Mint has nothing, no business relationship with Benchmark.

As for my Legends of Asgard series, CIT has nothing to do with it to be crystal clear. I created Asgard series and am doing everything. CIT was only used for the smartminting on the Camelot series that I started. They were involved in the first 2 coins, King Arthur and Guinevere. The next 4 coins I will not be using CIT. I've found a better and less costly method. I'm doing everything I can using available advances in technology to try to drive the retail cost of my coins down. YMIR took so long and is still a higher price point than I had hoped because I went through 3 full sets of tooling until I was satisfied with the quality I demand of myself and my coins. Now that I have mastered the process future coins in the series will be lower to dealers and to customers. Hopefully there are some Choice Mint fans here.

And trust me, me visiting here is not a big deal. I am just a guy who loves coins and tries to deliver the best quality. I enjoy forums and now I know about this place I will bookmark it.

One of my best dealers who is in Canada alerted me to this site and said I should probably clear things up. So here I am. I answer every email personally that are sent to info@choicemint.com. I love hearing from collectors because I am one myself. I enjoy criticism as long as it's professional and constructive. What I don't like about forums is people talking trash and making assumptions which can hurt someone's reputation. I'm not saying you were trying to hurt mine, I just am glad I can give some clarity for you because I myself have waited long times for coins I paid for...but I've never lost a penny dealing with trusted dealers like the ones I have as authorized dealers.
I hope that clears everything up. I simply own and run Choice Mint and nothing else.

And on the Libertads 7 coin sets, I funded the entire first 7 coin sets myself. I did this so that Choice Bullion could get half of the sets back 4 years ago. I'm a Libertad junkie and been to Banco de Mexico and Casa de Moneda a few times. Great people. Lots of changes in their numismatic department lately and they move as slow as slow can be. So be patient. You'll get your coins. They are reputable people and so is Benchmark.

Thanks and happy stacking.
Brian
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2523 posts
67 upvotes
euphoria18_79 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 12:56 pm
Curious.. Whats the going rate on the Masters Club case? I doubt it matters... but its last years lol. Mine is still sitting in the box, and im sure i wont be using it.
A quick sell would be $100 but if you're patient you could get $120. When it first came out, they were selling for $200-$300 because of the perception that they would be rare.. that of course didn't end up happening.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1608 posts
307 upvotes
Indy
justsilver wrote:
Nov 13th, 2017 12:44 pm
Ouch, USD$100 per 2 oz Perth Mint Numismatic Coin

Was just going to post the same - Frigg for a friggin' price...!

This is what happens when one antique finish coin sets off a wave - sooner or later the interest will wane in this nonsense.
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1608 posts
307 upvotes
Indy
Lostwords wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:01 pm
I almost brought one or two of that... oh well..
came across this article..
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/aeropla ... -1.4390911
I think this initially started with the 'pudding guy' whose story featured in the movie "Punch-Drunk Love" if you remember it.

BTW, there was a re-call from CP again today. Check the small privately-owned shops that sell stamps for the Hanukkah booklet. But there is no certainty that this will be rare like the UNESCO issue a few years ago. Happy hunting!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39172 posts
1351 upvotes
Richmond Hill
mansun1976 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:26 pm
I think this initially started with the 'pudding guy' whose story featured in the movie "Punch-Drunk Love" if you remember it.

BTW, there was a re-call from CP again today. Check the small privately-owned shops that sell stamps for the Hanukkah booklet. But there is no certainty that this will be rare like the UNESCO issue a few years ago. Happy hunting!
Is there info on what is the error/recall about?
**BRAND NEW** APC Back-UPS 650VA 7 Outlet $65
**Reg $90+tax**

Silver Coins | APC Back-UPS 650VA | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

justsilver