• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2017 11:15 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1065 posts
170 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Nov 16th, 2017 2:23 pm
Error Unesco Souvenir Sheet is more precious than Booklet.

You should get more sheets.

lol.
No Hanukkah Souvenir Sheets available anywhere.

Most outlets got their memos on Monday and received only stamp booklets on Tuesday, so they returned them without even opening the boxes.

They haven't removed the image of the stamp on Canada Post, so it's unlikely that they will be changing the stamp imo:

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/blogs/ ... wsreleases

Here's a quote from CP website:

"to resolve a design issue with the stamp booklet." That's why I also think that they'll be changing the booklet, probably due to political reasons. We'll see in time.
Apr 27, 2014
157 posts
31 upvotes
Mississauga
I've noticed on most of the Hanukkah stamp listings it's the same two people buying/bidding on multiple listings. Their names are covered but they have feedback scores of 4068 and 1095 in the bidding history, that's how I can tell. Almost seems like they are shill bidders.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1065 posts
170 upvotes
CoinCanuck94 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2017 10:17 am
I've noticed on most of the Hanukkah stamp listings it's the same two people buying/bidding on multiple listings. Their names are covered but they have feedback scores of 4068 and 1095 in the bidding history, that's how I can tell. Almost seems like they are shill bidders.
Interesting observation, CoinCanuck94. However, I don't think these two bidders are shills because 4068 bought 9 sets from three different dealers, maybe expecting a price increase (?). One of these dealers is our resident mts.

Anyway, just some observations about this stamp. The last Hanukkah stamp was issued in 2011, but it was commissioned by the Jewish Community. This 2017 stamp is the first time Canada Post has issued a Hanukkah stamp on its own (unless someone can correct me). It has "Canada 150" on the right side of the stamp, which is barely visible against the dark background.

Average price atm is about $50.00. Something tells me there will be at least some profit on these. Whether it's big or small remains to be seen. A major price drop is irrelevant for Canadians because we can always use them. Glad I picked up more.

Unlike RCM coins these will not depreciate below issue price...lol.
Dec 4, 2006
686 posts
82 upvotes
New Hanukkah booklets are on eBay. They have completely new front page and different bar code.
For Sale:
2016 Star Trek Delta Gold
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1065 posts
170 upvotes
mts wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2017 7:37 pm
New Hanukkah booklets are on eBay. The have completely new front page and different bar code.
Also, inside the booklet the 6 stars under the "C" are replaced by dots.
Mar 27, 2012
567 posts
36 upvotes
Baffin Island, NU
mansun1976 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2017 12:26 pm
I think this initially started with the 'pudding guy' whose story featured in the movie "Punch-Drunk Love" if you remember it.

BTW, there was a re-call from CP again today. Check the small privately-owned shops that sell stamps for the Hanukkah booklet. But there is no certainty that this will be rare like the UNESCO issue a few years ago. Happy hunting!
Damn, I missed this one :(. I'm still holding some of those 2015 unesco error stamp (sheet & booklet, all thanks to Mansun's tip before)

I've been busy with flipping LEGO/Fingerlings.
For Sale

Lenticular Coin and Stamp Set - Superman: Then and Now (2013) for $40.00 + S&H
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1065 posts
170 upvotes
I just received the "Holiday" Reindeer coin, and am very pleased. The reindeer is big, and the coin looks great. Was going to wait a while, but with 1/2 the mintage (5,000) it might not drop too much.

Anyway..."Holiday" Reindeer delivering "holiday" presents made by "holiday" elves to put under the "holiday" tree?

Sure to bring joy to millions of children on "holiday" morning. :facepalm:
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11074 posts
14543 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 1:01 am
I just received the "Holiday" Reindeer coin, and am very pleased. The reindeer is big, and the coin looks great. Was going to wait a while, but with 1/2 the mintage (5,000) it might not drop too much.

Anyway..."Holiday" Reindeer delivering "holiday" presents made by "holiday" elves to put under the "holiday" tree?

Sure to bring joy to millions of children on "holiday" morning.

This is getting ridiculous. :facepalm:
You should have waited as there is a Black Friday sale at the RCM going on now. $10 off purchases of $50. $15 off $100. $25 off $150.
Last edited by LonesomeDove on Nov 24th, 2017 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1065 posts
170 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 1:32 am
You should have waited as there is a Black Friday sale at the RCM going on now. $10 off purchases of $50. $15 off $100. $20 off $150.
Good deal. You never know when they're going to pull a fast one. My cost for the Reindeer was about $145 shipped, so only about $8 difference.

Many thanks for the info though, because I have a credit to use up at the mint and will do so now. ; - )
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11074 posts
14543 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 1:55 am
Good deal. You never know when they're going to pull a fast one. My cost for the Reindeer was about $145 shipped, so only about $8 difference.

Many thanks for the info though, because I have a credit to use up at the mint and will do so now. ; - )
You are welcome. BTW, correction, it is $25 off $150 spent at the RCM.

Imaginaire Collectibles is having a 15% off sale everything including coins on Black Friday, Nov. 24 one day only.

Canada Post is also having a Black Friday Sale starting in the morning.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1065 posts
170 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Nov 24th, 2017 3:00 am
You are welcome. BTW, correction, it is $25 off $150 spent at the RCM.

Imaginaire Collectibles is having a 15% off sale everything including coins on Black Friday, Nov. 24 one day only.

Canada Post is also having a Black Friday Sale starting in the morning.
I got the "15% off everything" email from Imaginaire too, and didn't notice the restrictions until I saw this: https://imaginaire.com/en/blog/blackfriday2017

Looks like the coins have to be 2016 or earlier issue to qualify for discount.

So, it's 15% off everything, except everything...lol

Looking forward to seeing Canada Post's deals, but I remember last year's sale not being that great.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

Sniper001