• Last Updated:
  • Jul 16th, 2018 4:50 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1312 posts
194 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 3:11 pm
Yes, I lover this 13oz Silver Statue and already placed order from The Coin Shoppe.

Looks nice for sure.
I had a feeling you'd be interested in these...lol. Amazing detail on the one you bought.

I might get St. George and the Dragon. Very dynamic. I like the way the dragon is trying to prevent the spear from piercing him/her/it. (What's the proper word to use these days? I don't want to go to jail.) Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2534 posts
72 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Dec 27th, 2017 3:11 pm
Yes, I lover this 13oz Silver Statue and already placed order from The Coin Shoppe.

Looks nice for sure.

Too bad there is tax on it since its 92.5% silver. :(
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4291 posts
577 upvotes
Sniper001 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 9:27 am
Too bad there is tax on it since its 92.5% silver. :(
Yes, 5% tax for BC residents.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11240 posts
14617 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 9:01 pm
Yes, 5% tax for BC residents.
Only if ordering outside BC, otherwise it is 12% (5% GST + 7% PST).

For all people with HST, they pay the full shot, 12%, 13%, 14%, 15%, etc. because there is no tax exemption for non-pure gold/silver. No break for them.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1817 posts
398 upvotes
Calgary
Looney4Numi wrote:
Dec 28th, 2017 11:37 pm
Decided to buy 20oz "Samson and the Lion" silver statue. First in the series:

https://www.apmex.com/product/131877/20 ... d-the-lion

Like the Anubis statue, the details are amazing. I like the rock base.
I was reading the full product details of your item cuz I wasn’t familiar with Samson...anyway I like the “...slaying an entire army with only the jaw bone of an ass” part...

That’s not something you hear every day :)

Where will you guys keep your statues? On display? Just curious cuz collecting 20oz limited edition statues would fill up a SD box fairly quickly (although 4” x4” isn’t that big I guess)......anyway interesting......I do like antique finish stuffs cuz you can handle them without fingerprint worry...

I am curious if there will be secondary market demand for these stuffs...
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1312 posts
194 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 11:43 am
I like the “...slaying an entire army with only the jaw bone of an ass” part...

Where will you guys keep your statues? On display?

I am curious if there will be secondary market demand for these stuffs...
lol...Samson definitely had some supernatural help in slaying that army. Doing it with the jawbone of a human ass would have been even more spectacular. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

I'll be displaying this statue and intend to get at least another one. They look quite stunning in the videos.

At around $50 to $55 per ounce I don't really care if there will be secondary market demand, but will be interesting to see.

Here's the famous "Bernini’s Lion" statue (close ups start at 3:50 min). Looks great!:
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1635 posts
316 upvotes
Indy
For fans of GoT - the Royal Mail will issue a couple of stamps and some philatelic items, incl. a LE prestige booklet (2,000 copies):
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2012
4702 posts
327 upvotes
Gloucester, Canada
mansun1976 wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 7:24 am
For fans of GoT - the Royal Mail will issue a couple of stamps and some philatelic items, incl. a LE prestige booklet (2,000 copies):
does it contains any stamps and if there are, how much monetary value of the stamps in this package?
Cityfone & Koodo customer
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1635 posts
316 upvotes
Indy
Lostwords wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2018 7:38 am
does it contains any stamps and if there are, how much monetary value of the stamps in this package?
The booklet itself is GBP13.95, so you're paying a hefty premium for the certificate and leather pouch - not worth it imho. I don't think there are unique stamps in the booklet which will lessen its appeal to philatelists.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2007
7996 posts
829 upvotes
Where I can buy a silver "Hand of the King" pin, like from GoT?
Money Smarts Blog wrote:
Nov 29th, 2010 11:18 am
I agree with the previous posters, especially Thalo. {And} Thalo's advice is spot on.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11240 posts
14617 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 9:00 pm
For those who bought the 2018 Big Coin Voyageur you'll be happy to know that it's selling at around issue price over the last month on eBay, and not bombing like the some of the other Big Coins:

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_armrs=1 ... 5573.m1684
Selling at issue price means a loss because of eBay/PayPal fees. For fees of 13% that means you end up with $487, a loss of $73. I notice quite a few of the sold coins are by Gatewest Coins. They made money since they get a big discount from the RCM. Also, a few of them are best offer accepted, so that mean they went for below issue price.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1312 posts
194 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 2:32 am
Selling at issue price means a loss because of eBay/PayPal fees. For fees of 13% that means you end up with $487, a loss of $73. I notice quite a few of the sold coins are by Gatewest Coins. They made money since they get a big discount from the RCM. Also, a few of them are best offer accepted, so that mean they went for below issue price.
My point is that the last few eBay December sales (not November sales) for the 5oz Voyageur have sold for issue price, whereas many of the other Big Coins have sold for much less, even through dealers. There were no "best offer" sales on eBay within the last month for the 2018 Voyageur coin.

In other words, on average it's still selling for issue price and keeping its value a lot better than most other Big Coins.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1817 posts
398 upvotes
Calgary
I can't remember which year I suggested doing coins that look like solid gold records but somebody finally came through with the idea.....sort of

This could have been done in platinum, gold, silver and oxidized silver (to mimic vinyl).......too bad they didn't implement the idea to its fullest....

btw I am not buying these medals
....just somewhat interesting new release

https://www.govmint.com/2018-1-oz-silve ... memorative

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

Addielise