Personal Finance

RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 6:23 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
I guess people were waiting to see if they could buy one for issue today.

Now that it's over, the last one at West Edmonton Coin just sold at $1,149.95.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4320 posts
596 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 9:08 pm
You got three at the TSC? You are very lucky!
lol. I got 2pcs from Canada Post but none from TSC.

One for myself, one for a friend.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 9:14 pm
lol. I got 2pcs from Canada Post but none from TSC.

One for myself, one for a friend.
Too bad they didn't offer any on Canada Post site. Usually Post Offices in my area don't order anything over $200, but I just double checked anyway. One tried to order, but the sell out was too fast.

This is a nice change from ho hum RCM coins last year. Lots of excitement this year from RCM and Mint of Poland.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 9:01 pm
Maybe lucky 3 winners on Carousel from TSC.

lol.
Yes, could be some monkey business.

At least New1954 was able to get one.
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11252 posts
1609 upvotes
Markham
Are some of you guys planning to flip? Where do you sell $1000+ coins?
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 10:56 pm
Are some of you guys planning to flip? Where do you sell $1000+ coins?
When CC&C sells out at $1,200.00 I will show my mother-in-law. She will pay $1,200.00.

lol
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2011
11252 posts
1609 upvotes
Markham
justsilver wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:17 pm
The Coin Shoppe raised price again, now CAD$389.95
Yet the Lion head is still the same..... Sigh...
Dec 16, 2004
448 posts
2 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:17 pm
The Coin Shoppe raised price again, now CAD$389.95
Right after I made my order a short while ago, I noticed it immediately jumped $30.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4320 posts
596 upvotes
RolandCouch wrote:
Jun 6th, 2018 11:18 pm
Yet the Lion head is still the same..... Sigh...
Sad but this is life. lol.

I bought both coins.
Jul 28, 2008
313 posts
57 upvotes
I got 3 Carousels from TCS - first time ordering from them- would let them go if someone offers me $3300 for 3

will probably try to flip them on ebay ,,,

I also got one from rcm that i am planning to keep
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11294 posts
14648 upvotes
While the Carousel Coin is the Canada Post catalog, I doubt very few post office franchises (ie. gift shops, pharmacies like SDMs) ordered the coin. They usually don't carry expensive coins. However it is possible Canada Post Corporate Post Offices may have them. These big Post Offices are owned by Canada Post itself and are found in large urban centers like Vancouver and Toronto.

The Main Office on Georgia Street in Vancouver is one of these corporate owned post offices. Since the Mint Boutique left downtown Vancouver, the Main Post has come the de facto Mint Boutique. They now carry all the coin that used to be in the Mint Boutique. Even purchases there can be linked to your Master Club.

When I dropped by on Tuesday, they had 2 of them. Interestingly, when I spoke to the clerk, she told me there was a Master Club event at the Post Office featuring the Carousel coin, a week or 2 ago, where MC members were had the opportunity to see and buy the coin.

The question I have, anyone invited to that event? I did not get any emails with an invite. Also, if there was a Master Club Event for the Carousel Coin in Vancouver, there must be ones in Ottawa and Winnipeg where they have Mint Boutiques. Anyone got one at those boutiques?
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4320 posts
596 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Jun 7th, 2018 12:46 am
While the Carousel Coin is the Canada Post catalog, I doubt very few post office franchises (ie. gift shops, pharmacies like SDMs) ordered the coin. They usually don't carry expensive coins. However it is possible Canada Post Corporate Post Offices may have them. These big Post Offices are owned by Canada Post itself and are found in large urban centers like Vancouver and Toronto.

The Main Office on Georgia Street in Vancouver is one of these corporate owned post offices. Since the Mint Boutique left downtown Vancouver, the Main Post has come the de facto Mint Boutique. They now carry all the coin that used to be in the Mint Boutique. Even purchases there can be linked to your Master Club.

When I dropped by on Tuesday, they had 2 of them. Interestingly, when I spoke to the clerk, she told me there was a Master Club event at the Post Office featuring the Carousel coin, a week or 2 ago, where MC members were had the opportunity to see and buy the coin.

The question I have, anyone invited to that event? I did not get any emails with an invite. Also, if there was a Master Club Event for the Carousel Coin in Vancouver, there must be ones in Ottawa and Winnipeg where they have Mint Boutiques. Anyone got one at those boutiques?
I received invitation from RCM but did not attend.

When I purchased Carousel Coin today at Canada Post Main Office. I asked if credit of purchasing RCM product can be use toward RCM MC account.
The answer from CP staff was NO.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)