• Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2018 6:23 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
^
Nice.

Since I missed out on the Ladybug coin, I'm tempted to get this set.

This could explain why prices of all three one ounce versions have been dropping significantly over the last few months.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
40513 posts
2025 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:06 am
^
Nice.

This could explain why prices of all three one ounce versions have been dropping significantly over the last few months.
I doubt people knew in advance that RCM would do this. It's probably just collector fatigue.
***Brand New Nintendo Switch Console with Grey Joy-Con ONLY $330!!***
Silver Coins | 3M Furnace Filters | Nintendo Switch Grey
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11295 posts
14648 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jun 13th, 2018 3:06 am

I have the opposite reaction. Since I already have the Lady bug coin and the other 2, there is no point in getting exact duplicates except for a larger sizes. With tax I am looking at close to $2000 that I can spend on other coins or things. I may look at the upcoming RCM Puzzle coin instead.

The reason why all RCM Murano glass coins are dropping in prices is because the RCM has been over doing them. Over and over again several time a years with insect and holiday Murano glass coins. Lost track of them and lost interest too.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
I agree that Murano glass collector fatigue plays an important part in price drops. Losing interest in them too, except for Ladybug.

However, I noticed a change in the last few months with the first three coins, and was wondering if Coin Talk members might have something to do with it. They get to preview some coins at least six months before release.
Jul 28, 2008
313 posts
57 upvotes
i like the set, a bit pricey but I will get one
Jul 28, 2008
313 posts
57 upvotes
Apmex still has the carousel coin for $850 US, this is probably the lowest price out there?
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
I've decided to pass on this set as well.

Would buy a single 5oz Ladybug Coin, but can't bring myself to spending another $1,200 for a larger version of the 1oz Bumblebee and Butterfly, which I already own.

Can't see this set doing as well as the Puzzle Coin or Carousel Coin, but then this hobby is full of surprises.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11295 posts
14648 upvotes
davka wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 9:28 pm
Apmex still has the carousel coin for $850 US, this is probably the lowest price out there?
At US$ 850 you looking at around $1100 CDN. Add on shipping and possible taxes you are at $1200.

The prices on eBay has dropped everyday. The lowest asking prices are now $1195. Not only that, every single listing is at best offer. That means sold prices are even lower than asking prices.
So why would you buy from Apmex when you could probably get it for a lower price on eBay.

The Carousel coin is not doing as well as expected. Probably due to the mintage of 1000, which is too high.

So a word of caution for the 5 oz Glass Bugs. Expensive coins rarely do well.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Jun 14th, 2018 10:28 pm
The Carousel coin is not doing as well as expected.
Looks like only one sold on eBay in the last week.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4321 posts
596 upvotes
RCM started selling 3 Coin Set on its website now, no max limit.

Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1822 posts
400 upvotes
Calgary
PowerCoin did fresh video on RCM Carousel Coin

Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1331 posts
196 upvotes
^
Thanks justsilver. I've been patiently waiting for you to post these pics. Please buy more from the mint so you can remain Platinum Plus..lol

So, RCM finally comes out with their own meteorite coin. Looks like they did a fantastic job, imo.

Too bad the mintage is 5,500, but am getting one anyway. Love it.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4321 posts
596 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jun 19th, 2018 12:27 am
^
Thanks justsilver. I've been patiently waiting for you to post these pics. Please buy more from the mint so you can remain Platinum Plus..lol

So, RCM finally comes out with their own meteorite coin. Looks like they did a fantastic job, imo.

Too bad the mintage is 5,500, but am getting one anyway. Love it.
Unfortunately, my Platinum Prestige expires in 12 days. lol.