Personal Finance

RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2018 4:21 am
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1313 posts
194 upvotes
There seems to be a stand-off between buyers and sellers with the Carousel Coin over the last two weeks.

Sellers have dropped price to $1,000, but no sales. Buyers probably waiting for another price drop, but when it doesn't come my guess is that they'll start buying again at asking prices. Interesting to watch.

Meanwhile the Falcon Lake Coin has been slowly but steadily selling, and prices are creeping up again. Fewer listings now. The last two eBay sales were $575 shipped.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4291 posts
577 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jun 27th, 2018 8:14 pm
There seems to be a stand-off between buyers and sellers with the Carousel Coin over the last two weeks.

Sellers have dropped price to $1,000, but no sales. Buyers probably waiting for another price drop, but when it doesn't come my guess is that they'll start buying again at asking prices. Interesting to watch.

Meanwhile the Falcon Lake Coin has been slowly but steadily selling, and prices are creeping up again. Fewer listings now. The last two eBay sales were $575 shipped.
I am still waiting mine ( 2 pcs ) from Power Coin.

Shipped in early May from Europe.

Stuck in Canada Customs for 45 days already
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1313 posts
194 upvotes
justsilver wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 12:15 am
I am still waiting mine ( 2 pcs ) from Power Coin.

Shipped in early May from Europe.

Stuck in Canada Customs for 45 days already
Placed order with Power Coin for Poseidon April 20th. Shipped May 20th.

It's still somewhere in (or over) the ocean.

At least your order made it to Canada Customs...lol
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1313 posts
194 upvotes
I just checked the interest levels of the Meteorite and Deep Space Nine coins at the mint.

Meteorite: 1,719 views in the last 24 hours.

Deep Space Nine: 326 views in the last 24 hours.

Lots of interest in the Meteorite coin. In time we'll know how many are actually buying.
Apr 23, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
Meteorite coin is SOLD OUT at RCM and Canada Post. I went ahead and ordered one from TCS, looks like a cool coin!
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1313 posts
194 upvotes
AaronV3434 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 4:05 pm
Meteorite coin is SOLD OUT at RCM and Canada Post. I went ahead and ordered one from TCS, looks like a cool coin!
You got one from TCS just in time. Now Out of Stock.

Also none available at CC&C, LCC, and Colonial Acres.

2,180 views in the last 24 hours on mint site.
Apr 23, 2018
12 posts
2 upvotes
Gatewest Coin and WestEdmonton Coin still has the meteorite coin in stock, everywhere else appears to be sold out.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1313 posts
194 upvotes
AaronV3434 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 7:00 pm
Gatewest Coin and WestEdmonton Coin still has the meteorite coin in stock, everywhere else appears to be sold out.
West Edmonton Coin now selling for $179.95 plus $10 shipping.

Gatewest might cancel orders again.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11243 posts
14617 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 8:17 pm
Gatewest might cancel orders again.
When it comes to hot coins Gatewest don't usually cancel orders but limit them to one per customer. Currently it is 3 coins per customer but will likely cut it down tomorrow and adjust orders.

BTW, the meteorite coin is still available at the Shopping Channel with no limits.
Have a nice day!

Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1313 posts
194 upvotes
LonesomeDove wrote:
Jun 29th, 2018 1:11 am
When it comes to hot coins Gatewest don't usually cancel orders but limit them to one per customer. Currently it is 3 coins per customer but will likely cut it down tomorrow and adjust orders.

BTW, the meteorite coin is still available at the Shopping Channel with no limits.
Yes, at least Gatewest lets you keep one coin when they cancel the other two. To me, that's cancelling an order of two. Just semantics, I suppose. (I also expect a limit of one on Friday.)

I wish they would fix this problem of overselling. You never know what you're going to get when you order hot coins from Gatewest.

Buying from RCM or Shopping Channel is my last choice because I don't like paying 7% tax. But, at least you're guaranteed to receive the complete order.
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2535 posts
72 upvotes
If anybody is interested in the Carousel coin, I am selling for $900 FIRM. Absolutely mint condition with all original paperwork/boxes.
Local meet anywhere near Toronto/Markham/Richmond Hill only.

Bonus: My carousel doesn't seem to spin when using the magnet so it's a defect.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1313 posts
194 upvotes
Gatewest had to cancel orders today, as expected. There was a deluge of orders last night.

Even though CC&C is out of stock, the price has been raised to $189.95. As usual, this will work well for S. Bromberg's show.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)