• Dec 13th, 2018 2:33 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1374 posts
204 upvotes
Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 1:07 am
I grabbed 20 between imaginaire and Gatewest
I just received my order from Imaginaire. Beautiful coin. Probably will get more from Gatewest.

By the way, Colonial Acres must have seen the above post because they dropped the price back down to $89.95. Either that or it's because not one roll had sold at that price... lol

Still a limit of 2, though.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2952 posts
240 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 2:25 am
I just received my order from Imaginaire. Beautiful coin. Probably will get more from Gatewest.

By the way, Colonial Acres must have seen the above post because they dropped the price back down to $89.95. Either that or it's because not one roll had sold at that price... lol

Still a limit of 2, though.
Imaginaire was a good deal, got 15 percent off for Black Friday.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1374 posts
204 upvotes
Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:46 pm
Imaginaire was a good deal, got 15 percent off for Black Friday.
Can't beat that price.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2952 posts
240 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 11:58 pm
Can't beat that price.
I’m considering buying 10 more from Gatewest. I don’t mind holding these for awhile, really a great looking coin.
Jan 15, 2006
354 posts
40 upvotes
Everyone hoard this coin, so I can't find any in the circulation, win-win Trophy situation!
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
Something special is happening Monday morning....apparently a collaboration of two separate legal tender coins coming in 2019

John Mercanti teaming up with RCM, particularly Susan Taylor (former master engraver). variety of format sizes: 1 oz Ag, 10oz Ag, 1 oz Au

MCM & GovMint will be busy selling all the graded stuffs Monday morning

[update] ah ha moment...... I thought I might find out what it is by checking the NGC World Coin ER/FR cutoff dates page and YUP, there it is!!(Official Mint Medal cutoff was Dec 14th, 2018) https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/24 ... off-Dates/
(Just scroll down to the Canada section and check out the “2019 Peace & Liberty UHR Medal” details)

I am slightly confused because there’s supposed to be a new 2019 American Liberty 2.5 oz Ag medal & 1oz 24k Au Coin, but I’m pretty sure that’s a completely different item http://www.coinnews.net/2018/10/02/2019 ... andidates/.

I usually avoid medals but I’ll be interested to see the design...I usually like UHR stuffs

The two things might be related though, the Canadian piece might foreshadow the 2019 American Liberty
Jan 15, 2006
354 posts
40 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 9:46 pm
The two things might be related though, the Canadian piece might foreshadow the 2019 American Liberty
Thanks for the info, win-win Trophy situation!
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
Well, I gotta say it's interesting...

RCM has decided to create another flagship coin series to run along side of the Maple Leaf = A Canadian Peace Dollar!!

This idea was inspired by the statue at the top of the National War Memorial in Canada, which depicts allegorical figures of Peace & Liberty – winged and holding an olive wreath and torch. Their proximity to each other represents the inseparability of the Peace & Liberty concepts.

Becomes a legal tender coin series in 2020

Below is an image of the 1oz silver (Mintage:3k) .......this is a medal (not a coin) but benefits by being First and UHR

Mintage: 3000 for the 1oz silver version PF70 FDOI priced at $199 USD Although only 1463 are dual hand signed by Mercanti & Taylor
Mintage:500 for the 10oz version PF70FDOI is priced at $995 USD
Mintage:200 for the 1oz gold version PF70FDOI priced at $3995 USD

hand signed labels by Mercanti and Susan Taylor.......hmmm.........decisions decisions.

FYI.....also on a separate note: noticed MCM put up 2019 Panda "Great Wall Label" for $65 USD MS70FR (I really like the 2019 Panda design)
Images
  • peace dollar medal.jpg
Last edited by SimuN22 on Dec 3rd, 2018 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
Here is bigger image to see a bit more clear detail

Link to item info not working...
Last edited by SimuN22 on Dec 3rd, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
cdn wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 11:14 pm
SimuN22 wrote: The two things might be related though, the Canadian piece might foreshadow the 2019 American Liberty

Cdn wrote: Thanks for the info, win-win Trophy situation!
Now that we have images it is quite clear there is no forshadowing. The two items are very different. Thanks to Alpha2814 at CCF which seems to point to exactly what the 2019 2.5oz Liberty medal will likely look like (even includes images) https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/top ... hichpage=1

It will be very interesting next year to see how RCM launches these new Canadian Peace Dollars. Very fitting with Armistice 100th Anniversary atm and tied to the USA Peace Dollars heritage from coins minted 1921-1928 (and again in 1934-1935).

Will they launch as bullion only along side SML or will they do some proofs for 2020 or who knows...

So many questions come to mind...
Aug 24, 2018
147 posts
94 upvotes
I'm not seeing the Canadian Peace Dollar on either site.

thanks for the info.
Last edited by otismod on Dec 5th, 2018 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
otismod wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 3:44 pm
I'm not seeing the Canadian Peace Dollar on either site.
MCM got exclusive on these 2019 Peace Dollar Medals.........the shocking part is they are apparently precurser to real legal tender coins from RCM coming in 2020 (according to rep email) along side traditional SMLs. In other words, first of a new coin series

Today was first day image was released to anyone and they are being handled by the Scarce & Unique Coin Division due to the small pop numbers

......but really anyone could just call up and order some if you know about it https://www.moderncoinmart.com/ just scroll down to the bottom and click on the Scarce & Unique Coins Division and call their 1-888 number. if you're not a preferred customer just say coin forum told you about it ;)

Wouldn't surprise me if they never appear on the website........same thing happened with PF krugs hand signed by Tumi Tselho (Managing Director of South African Mint) and Spiderman Homecoming Coins with COA hand signed by Stan Lee very near the end of his life.

In the case of these Peace Dollar Medals, similar situation in that the labels are hand-signed (Mercanti did the obverse and Taylor did the reverse, btw PAX = latin for Peace)

All this info is (and will be) a fairly big surprise to pretty much everybody......even stackers.

btw Mercanti signs a lot of stuffs ASE, WTE etc. but I can't recall ever seeing a label that actually has a picture of his face on it...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

engo, dmxlite