Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
Looney4Numi wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 12:02 am
...with milk spots.
I think RCM MintShield technology was supposed to really take effect in 2018 going forward...
Read some comments on milkspot videos but everybody keeps talking about pre-2018 stuffs being badly spotted
Hopefully RCM milk spot reputation improves.
cdn wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 1:06 am
Let me remember this coin
Wow, the similarities are kind of shocking (considering the new one is a John Mercanti design)......thanks for pointing that out
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
In other news, Did you guys see this yesterday that Warner Bros. giving legal troubles to Toronto school over Harry Potter themed "Wizards Ball"

https://www.ctvnews.ca/entertainment/ha ... -1.4203256

I just ask because I was always wondering if Warner Bros would sue the pants off the Mint of Poland for that 2015 Niue Mysteries of Hogwarts coins that had no obvious licensing info anywhere on the coin or packaging, maybe then the coin would go red hot....but Nothing ever came of it...maybe its time to write a letter...lol

Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1374 posts
204 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 11:18 am
I think RCM MintShield technology was supposed to really take effect in 2018 going forward...
Read some comments on milkspot videos but everybody keeps talking about pre-2018 stuffs being badly spotted
Hopefully RCM milk spot reputation improves.
Quote from the mint's site:

"The Mint subjected Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins to a wide array of advanced scientific tests and diagnostic procedures, identifying the root causes of white spots and developing MINTSHIELD™, a unique production process, to reduce their occurrence. Invisible to the eye and having no impact on the coins' purity or composition, MINTSHIELD™ is proven to significantly reduce the appearance of white spots for years."

Reduce milk spot occurrence? What is RCM's definition of "significantly reduce?"

"for years?" How many years?

Look at what they've done to the silver proof coins lately. Many of them have turned yellow. New spray they're using?

I'll believe it when I see it...lol
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1374 posts
204 upvotes
Warning about World Ancient Coins. I bought a coin on their site, which was paid for in USD.

A week later they refunded me without explanation. Lost 3.5% on CC exchange fees. I'm not happy to pay for their mistake.

Perhaps it's a coincidence, but the coin I had bought has appreciated and is selling for a higher price now on eBay.

Blacklisted.
Aug 24, 2018
147 posts
94 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Dec 4th, 2018 8:47 pm
Quote from the mint's site:

"The Mint subjected Silver Maple Leaf bullion coins to a wide array of advanced scientific tests and diagnostic procedures, identifying the root causes of white spots and developing MINTSHIELD™, a unique production process, to reduce their occurrence. Invisible to the eye and having no impact on the coins' purity or composition, MINTSHIELD™ is proven to significantly reduce the appearance of white spots for years."

Reduce milk spot occurrence? What is RCM's definition of "significantly reduce?"

"for years?" How many years?

Look at what they've done to the silver proof coins lately. Many of them have turned yellow. New spray they're using?

I'll believe it when I see it...lol
How many years did they test Mintshield?

Or are we the guinea pigs?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
justsilver wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 12:59 pm
Another popular coinfrom Mint Of Poland, Chinese Dragon

Soldout immediately on The Coin Shoppe’s website.

https://thecoinshoppe.ca/product/chines ... oral-niue/

[
I just tried your link and ordered one successfully

464.95 CAD = about 347.36 USD with free shipping

[Update] Went to "Add to Waiting List" again... but luckily....Order # and confirmation email received

I shall be hovering over this and 'refresh screen' like everyone else......lol........, seems like price jumped $8 CAD......gave you thumbs up justsilver

Might pop up again...

Yup it popped up again.......bought another one for 475.66 CAD = 355.38 USD.......again confirmation received

I'm all done for today.....gotta leave some for other RFDers ;)
Last edited by SimuN22 on Dec 5th, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4354 posts
609 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 2:30 pm
I just tried your link and ordered one successfully

464.95 CAD = about 347.36 USD with free shipping

[Update] Went to "Add to Waiting List" again... but luckily....Order # and confirmation email received

I shall be hovering over this and 'refresh screen' like everyone else......lol........, seems like price jumped $5......gave you thumbs up justsilver

Might pop up again...
Glad you got one from The Coin Shoppe.

Nice looking coin with ultra high relief

low mintage of 500 pcs

First coin of a serie on images of dragon.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
justsilver wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 2:53 pm
Glad you got one from The Coin Shoppe.

Nice looking coin with ultra high relief

low mintage of 500 pcs

First coin of a serie on images of dragon.
Bought 1+

Many thanks JS!!

Also available as presale here for 299 euro = 453.73 CAD if you don't mind the issues associated with ordering from Europe
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4354 posts
609 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 2:56 pm
Bought 1+

Many thanks JS!!

Also available as presale here for 299 euro = 453.73 CAD if you don't mind the issues associated with ordering from Europe
Wow, sounded like you ordered 3 pcs Chinese Dragon from The Coin Shoppe.

Hope all dealers soldout soon.

Price already appreciated alot on first day of release.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2013
1845 posts
413 upvotes
Calgary
justsilver wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 5:47 pm

Price already appreciated alot on first day of release.
lol no 1+ just means two (that’s enough for me)

Btw its available again at TCS 7:44 EST ($355.38 USD = $469.95 CAD)

Wait...what did the Coin start selling at?
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
4354 posts
609 upvotes
SimuN22 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 7:24 pm
lol no 1+ just means two (that’s enough for me)

Btw its available again at TCS 7:44 EST ($355.38 USD = $469.95 CAD)

Wait...what did the Coin start selling at?
I am not sure, should be USD$300
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1374 posts
204 upvotes
Another exciting coin from my favourite mint. I was a little late so paid above issue, but that's ok. The stunning detaii is amazing (the claws!).

Will it join the ranks of Poseidon and Trojan Horse over time? First in a series...maybe.

By the way, TCS is out of stock again (atm).
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
2952 posts
240 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 9:04 pm
Another exciting coin from my favourite mint. I was a little late so paid above issue, but that's ok. The stunning detaii is amazing (the claws!).

Will it join the ranks of Poseidon and Trojan Horse over time? First in a series...maybe.

By the way, TCS is out of stock again (atm).
Seems to be back in stock
Commemorative loonie rolls, quarter rolls, 50 cent rolls all different kinds of rolls contact for details. Venetian glass bee $250 plus shipping. 20for20 canoe $30 shipped 20for20 polar bear $30 shipped. Lots of 5 packs loons, toons and quaters

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)

engo, dmxlite