Personal Finance

RFD collector and numismatic Coins discussion thread

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 2nd, 2020 11:29 pm
Oct 1, 2019
30 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Bought the 2020 Pysanka - 1 Oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin on TSC along with the 2020 Five-Ounce $50 Maple Leaves in Motion and They sent me a 2018 Benin 5 oz Silver Francs Precious Nature Crocodile coin instead. :( Sent it back to CC and C. At least they got the Pysanka coin right. Hopefully they still have it in stock, even though I was one of the first to buy it as soon as it was available on TSC. The only thing that I think could of happened is that the shipper put my coin in the wrong box and shipped it to the person who bought the crocodile coin.
"If you lose it here, you're in a world of hurt"
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11817 posts
15035 upvotes
jimper wrote: Bought the 2020 Pysanka - 1 Oz. Pure Silver Coloured Coin on TSC along with the 2020 Five-Ounce $50 Maple Leaves in Motion and They sent me a 2018 Benin 5 oz Silver Francs Precious Nature Crocodile coin instead. :( Sent it back to CC and C. At least they got the Pysanka coin right. Hopefully they still have it in stock, even though I was one of the first to buy it as soon as it was available on TSC. The only thing that I think could of happened is that the shipper put my coin in the wrong box and shipped it to the person who bought the crocodile coin.
Sorry to hear you did not get the 5 oz Maple Leaves. I wonder what went wrong. I ordered from the TSC too and got it a few days ago. It is a real nice coin and comes in a nice glossy wooden case instead of the usual maroon clamshell.
Have a nice day!

Oct 1, 2019
30 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
LonesomeDove wrote: Sorry to hear you did not get the 5 oz Maple Leaves. I wonder what went wrong. I ordered from the TSC too and got it a few days ago. It is a real nice coin and comes in a nice glossy wooden case instead of the usual maroon clamshell.
Thanks LonesomeDove,

This is the first time this has happened when ordering from TSC. Steven Bromberg's staff must of been exhausted fulfilling all the orders sold on the coin show and mixed up the order. Hopefully they will honer their mistake and bump the last ordered coin sold and ship it to me as I ordered this coin a few minutes after it aired on TSC. Fingers crossed.
Oct 1, 2019
30 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Picked up these two coins to continue the series:

EXCLUSIVE Masters Club 2 oz. Pure Silver Half-Dollar - 100th Anniversary of the Birth of Alex Colville - Mintage: 2,500 (2020)

and

1 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Bejeweled Bugs: Ladybug (Low Certificate of Authenticity Number) - Mintage: 3,000 (2020)
Deal Addict
Aug 8, 2006
1189 posts
211 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jimper wrote: Picked up these two coins to continue the series:

EXCLUSIVE Masters Club 2 oz. Pure Silver Half-Dollar - 100th Anniversary of the Birth of Alex Colville - Mintage: 2,500 (2020)

and

1 oz. Pure Silver Coin - Bejeweled Bugs: Ladybug (Low Certificate of Authenticity Number) - Mintage: 3,000 (2020)
What does the Colville coin look like? Any pics?
[external link removed]
Oct 1, 2019
30 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
wilson_wu wrote: What does the Colville coin look like? Any pics?
[/quote

Above was the design of the 2017 Big coin series 5oz:

Oct 1, 2019
30 posts
7 upvotes
Markham

(Low Certificate of Authenticity Number) is now "Out Of Stock"

I believe the first 1000 coins are sold out because of the (Low Certificate of Authenticity Number).
2000 coins will be for sale to the rest of the Master Club Members and the general public.

Remaining 2000 coins are now for sale.

As for the EXCLUSIVE Masters Club 2 oz. Pure Silver Half-Dollar - 100th Anniversary of the Birth of Alex Colville - Mintage: 2,500 (2020) it is still available for Master Club Members only.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1661 posts
267 upvotes
jimper wrote: As for the EXCLUSIVE Masters Club 2 oz. Pure Silver Half-Dollar - 100th Anniversary of the Birth of Alex Colville - Mintage: 2,500 (2020) it is still available for Master Club Members only.
Awaiting Stock now.
Oct 1, 2019
30 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
Looney4Numi wrote: Awaiting Stock now.
Now all back in stock. I can't keep up with this back and forth with the RCM. LOL
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1661 posts
267 upvotes
jimper wrote: Now all back in stock. I can't keep up with this back and forth with the RCM. LOL
Must have been a couple of cancellations because it was Awaiting Stock again earlier today.

It's still fun to watch it disappear so quickly. : - )
Jul 28, 2008
396 posts
68 upvotes
I was told before February 25 few more interesting coins may be coming. Nothing so far.
Deal Addict
Apr 29, 2015
1661 posts
267 upvotes
I can't believe this coin sold on eBay with fingerprints all over it. What a way to ruin a nice looking coin.

Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2011
3007 posts
338 upvotes
Looney4Numi wrote: I can't believe this coin sold on eBay with fingerprints all over it. What a way to ruin a nice looking coin.

I just grabbed 2 of those, very nice bullion coins