Contests

[Other]

Locked: RFD Contests Forum - Frequently Asked Questions for Contesters and Posters

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2013 1:15 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Why did you remove/edit my referral link?

Because posting of referral links for bonus entries is prohibited by RFD Forum rules
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106506 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Why was the URL for my contest censored / why was my contest thread deleted?

In some specific situations, you may see some or all of the contest URL you've written replaced by "*****". This is RFD's auto-filter at work. The auto-filter may have been triggered for one of two reasons:
  • The URL may contain a word that's been forbidden by RFD Community standards. For example: until recently the word "salt water" was caught by the auto-filter, because when it's written as one word it contains the word "twat" (a slang term for a woman's genitalia). In this case, it's absolutely no fault of your own - the auto-filter is simply being hyperactive. If you encounter a problem similar to that, you can post a request in the Site Comments & Suggestions Forum for it to be removed from the auto-filter (of course YMMV depending on the word). Until that happens, the only way around that is to type the URL as "www.salt_water.com" or "www.salt-water.com" or "www.salt water.com" and tell readers to remove the underscore/hyphen/space when they're going to the site.
  • The URL may be a direct link to an RFD competitor, which is also forbidden by RFD Forum rules. In many cases, such competitor may already be included in the auto-filter so you'll see the "*****" show up as soon as you hit either preview or submit in the editor. In some cases, it may not be auto-filtered but someone may have reported it in which case a mod may or may not decide to edit it, or delete the thread entirely (YMMV, depending on the mod).
A few examples of forbidden sites are (acronyms only):
  • GCR (auto-filtered)
  • SC (auto-filtered)
  • FL (not auto-filtered, but still technically forbidden)
  • SL (not auto-filtered, but still technically forbidden)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)