Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Jun 4, 2008
262 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
so did he do this thing and then at the last minute the partner company said dont announce anything? and then basically was just winging it?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
The announcement for the company is supposed to be next week. Today was just a stream to intro the new devs and trx update. Guessing NDA for to prevent messing with SEC laws?
Jun 4, 2008
262 posts
15 upvotes
Toronto, ON
ah well, gonna keep what i got and see what happens

back up to .20 on binance
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Just a heads up guys. The Ledger Nano S has been recommended as one of the top devices to store your crypto, but please make sure you either buy from Ledger themselves or a verified re-seller. If you still buy it outside of those official channels, please be wary of the product you receive. You should NOT be getting a pre-filled security sheet like the one below. This means someone has accesd the Ledger, created the recovery and placed a scratch surface over it. Someone lost 25,000 GPB to this scam. Edited post #1 to include this warning. Ledger was bought on eBay.

https://imgur.com/DsICkge

Relevant thread along with response from Ledger CEO: https://www.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/c ... cy_stolen/
Penalty Box
Aug 17, 2012
1445 posts
543 upvotes
Windsor
Any insights on KIN or SIACOIN from RFD community ..
Penalty Box
Aug 17, 2012
1445 posts
543 upvotes
Windsor
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1639 posts
166 upvotes
taurus25 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:06 am
I know about SIACOIN.
i was letting my computer sync it's wallet but it took forever to get to finish. This was over 12 months ago though. Haven't touched it since.
Just a heads up for that.

You can pm me if you need anymore info on it.

Thanks.
Mar 2, 2011
277 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
taurus25 wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 12:19 pm
Any suggestions from RFD community on which coin to buy ... Most of the coins are already 200-500% up in last week/month ...
Amp, blk, steem, pascal, zcash

Outlook great mid term imo unless btc runs for 30k usd
Penalty Box
Aug 17, 2012
1445 posts
543 upvotes
Windsor
samin62 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 2:41 am

Any penny coin .. Like penny stocks ?

Like riplle went from .25 to approx 3 usd ...

Any reasoning behind ur recommended coins ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
taurus25 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:06 am
If I had to choose to throw some money at one it would be KIN.

KIN and PAC being pumped like crazy.

Might want to look at COSS or URF due to their market cap and potential.
Mar 2, 2011
277 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
taurus25 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 3:15 am
Any penny coin .. Like penny stocks ?

Like riplle went from .25 to approx 3 usd ...

Any reasoning behind ur recommended coins ?
Listen man... If your criteria for good investment is just based on whats less than a dollar you will get crushed in crypto in long term. Its not black and white.

I like those coins because they are just starting their market cycle. Like you buying ripple at 50 cents before it went to 3 bucks. Plus it has fundamentals like amp with its wildspark platform/pascal with its unique blockchain solution and anon/steem coming out with a bunch of accouncements regarding its future as a project.

USD price is relative to bitcoin in crypto. If bitcoin drops tomorrow by 50%, entire coins will lose half their USD value too. Dont have that sole criteria
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9219 posts
526 upvotes
daaave wrote:
Jan 5th, 2018 10:42 pm
so did he do this thing and then at the last minute the partner company said dont announce anything? and then basically was just winging it?
I have never looked at Tron as a long term HODL. I got out just before their "announcement". Remember that dirtbag Charlie Lee pumped up his coin to $1000 and took his money out at ATH.

They are using the same tactic. The guy was name dropping NASDAQ. A bad sign to me. But of course I could be wrong. His style could be a hit in China.

If Tron goes down to 14 cents im hoarding.
samin62 wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 2:41 am

Zcash is great but I would go with Komodo. Its much more vast and its a fork of Zcash.

Its good to have both though. Their privacy is top notch. Sooner or later these privacy coins are going to pump because the government are going to start cracking down on this.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Nov 5, 2003
192 posts
30 upvotes
DDHLeigh wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 3:19 am
If I had to choose to throw some money at one it would be KIN.

KIN and PAC being pumped like crazy.

Might want to look at COSS or URF due to their market cap and potential.
Any idea how to put money into KIN or PAC? KIN seems like they have a good team - and a bit of a proven track record with KIK.
But I can't find either on binance and kucoin. Where did you buy?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
momack wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 4:34 pm
Any idea how to put money into KIN or PAC? KIN seems like they have a good team - and a bit of a proven track record with KIK.
But I can't find either on binance and kucoin. Where did you buy?
KIN is found on: Mercatox, EtherDelta, COSS (mostly ETH pairing for all)
PAC is found on: YoBit (BTC pairing) and Cryptopia (LTC/DOGE pairing). <--- getting pumped hard, future coin split, no white paper (apparently one coming in feb)

There is a lot of new money coming into crypto where someone thinks buying the cheapest coin on the market is the best way to get rich quick. It is not really the case most of the time. Just don't look at the price only because you still need to do your due diligence.