Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Sep 6, 2014
63 posts
22 upvotes
Hi, can somebody answer this question please? If I buy Ripple on EZBTC and store it in personal wallet, do I have to sell it or covert it to BTC or other cryptocurrency ONLY on EZBTC or can I do it on any other Exchange? The reason I am asking this question is because EZBTC is a small Exchange. What if they close down their shop and disappear? Is my investment gone (even if I have Ripple stored in my personal wallet, and not on their Exchange)?

Thanks.
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
chappanteekli wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 1:48 pm
Hi, can somebody answer this question please? If I buy Ripple on EZBTC and store it in personal wallet, do I have to sell it or covert it to BTC or other cryptocurrency ONLY on EZBTC or can I do it on any other Exchange? The reason I am asking this question is because EZBTC is a small Exchange. What if they close down their shop and disappear? Is my investment gone (even if I have Ripple stored in my personal wallet, and not on their Exchange)?

Thanks.
That is the risk you are needing to take.
What have I been saying for my past 3 posts on multiple of threads involved into the cryptomarkets?

I don't know how much clearer I need to be for people to understand this major point. :twisted:

TRADE ON EXCHANGES THAT NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE ON AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Clear enough for you now!?!?Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
May 22, 2015
193 posts
69 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
I'm trying to find where to use my ethereum right now. Now that Bittrex Bitfenix and Binance have closed registration. Want to get in on this pump and dump alt coins. Any suggestions? Kucoin? Coinexchange?
Sep 6, 2014
63 posts
22 upvotes
TheRock2012 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:04 pm
That is the risk you are needing to take.
What have I been saying for my past 3 posts on multiple of threads involved into the cryptomarkets?

I don't know how much clearer I need to be for people to understand this major point. :twisted:

TRADE ON EXCHANGES THAT NOT ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE ON AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Clear enough for you now!?!?Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
You still didn’t answer my question. Can anybody else please answer my question?
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
jfmartel wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 2:55 pm
You can register to binance.

https://launchpad.binance.com/register.html
Chappanteeki said last night you can not.
chappanteekli wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 12:33 am
I saw the registration screen before too. After I enter my username and password, it takes me to a picture verification screen. Right after that, it shows the message that registration paused. They are not accepting any new registrations due to huge demand. Known fact! Do a Google search. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Cheers,
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
chappanteekli wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 3:20 pm
You still didn’t answer my question. Can anybody else please answer my question?
Just don't use Ezbtc.
Simple as that brother.

Transfer to any other exchange and don't worry about them ripping you off in the end.

That is all I am going to tell you any further about anything to do with any questions in regards to this certain exchange.
I have exhibited my own distain with anybody to deal with them.
You do it with your own hands and if you lose then that is at your own fault and nobody elses here.

For anybody who wants to purchase btc safely from a Canadian owned business here. then I can suggest this site:
https://mybtc.ca/

They do use interac or using pre paid visa cards to purchase.
But once again, they do have strict verification processes.
Just be aware of this when dealing with any exchanges or buying bitcoin from vendors on this side of the border.
As coinbase allows you to purchase from them without verification using your credit card but for limits of up to $100 without sending in any documentations that they request you send to them.
Which I know is against what most who have followed bitcoin over the years are against as they want to keep using bitcoin an anonymous affair.

Good luck everyone with these exchanges! Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Jun 25, 2017
300 posts
119 upvotes
Wow I thought the FOMO was dying off but this is great ! Loving all the noobs trying to join.

I think binance and other exchanges making it hard to join is making FOMO even bigger than it ever was !
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
Master2031 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 3:47 pm
Wow I thought the FOMO was dying off but this is great ! Loving all the noobs trying to join.

I think binance and other exchanges making it hard to join is making FOMO even bigger than it ever was !
Sure thing it is.

People are starting to sell their unused binance account for 15 LTC and that is non verified!

It has reached a point now since alot of exchanges now are closing their doors to new people and it is creating a niche market for these accounts,unused of course.
So those who get them can simply put in there own information and submit their documents and they would have them fully verified under their own name and credentials.

I see those big exchanges doing this since the price of bitcoin is going up and down so erratically that Coinbase even put out a statement on their website just late last night in concern for this loss (since removed this morning when I checked my account but the message is gone now, it was in bright orange at the top of the buying/selling page).
−CA$395.10 SINCE LAST MONTH (CAD)−1.91% SINCE LAST MONTH (%) (these numbers are directly from coinbase).
Nov 5, 2003
158 posts
17 upvotes
chappanteekli wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanks.
I might be wrong. I might be completely wrong. But I think what the rock is saying is wrong

If you buy Ripple and store it on your personal wallet, my understanding is that it is no longer on the EZBTC exchange. you can then load it on whatever exchange you want; if that exchange has XRP and change it for whatever you want.

Again, I might be wrong - this just seems like common sense to me.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8735 posts
360 upvotes
****Just a quick reminder to new people here.*****

DO NOT BUY USED BINANCE OR OTHER USED ACCOUNTS.

If you didnt sign up yourself. DO NOT USE IT TO TRADE.

Scammers are out in full force trying to sell their binance account.
No political content in sigs please.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
8735 posts
360 upvotes
Huge sell wall for ICX on binance right now.

Whales could be hoarding before the Mainnet launch.

Could be a big one. We will see.
No political content in sigs please.
Sep 6, 2014
63 posts
22 upvotes
momack wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 4:17 pm
I might be wrong. I might be completely wrong. But I think what the rock is saying is wrong

If you buy Ripple and store it on your personal wallet, my understanding is that it is no longer on the EZBTC exchange. you can then load it on whatever exchange you want; if that exchange has XRP and change it for whatever you want.

I had the same understanding as I was thinking logically but I would like somebody who has done it to validate this.
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1636 posts
165 upvotes
momack wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 4:17 pm

If RIpple is not even being listed on Ezbtc then why even bother to ask if it is possible?
There is no logical thinking in even asking the question then and just wasting people's time who are even interested in trading alts here in the first place! :rolleyes:

As I said, I am not on that exchange because I refuse to register on a site that treats their very own employees this way that I have witnessed with the one who I have dealt with for the past two years.
How many times do I need to say this. It is posted in the other crypto threads here for you two to see this.
Anyways I have spent too much time on this "speculative question" on if, and, or and buts.

That would be just like me going into a Mcdonald's restaurant and asking if I can have a Whooper.
They don't have that on the menu! They will tell you to "Just look up!" :rolleyes:
Same thing man.
Sheesh! :facepalm:
Sep 6, 2014
63 posts
22 upvotes
TheRock2012 wrote:
Jan 7th, 2018 5:08 pm
If RIpple is not even being listed on Ezbtc then why even bother to ask if it is possible?
There is no logical thinking in even asking the question then and just wasting people's time who are even interested in trading alts here in the first place! :rolleyes:

As I said, I am not on that exchange because I refuse to register on a site that treats their very own employees this way that I have witnessed with the one who I have dealt with for the past two years.
How many times do I need to say this. It is posted in the other crypto threads here for you two to see this.
Anyways I have spent too much time on this "speculative question" on if, and, or and buts.

That would be just like me going into a Mcdonald's restaurant and asking if I can have a Whooper.
They don't have that on the menu! They will tell you to "Just look up!" :rolleyes:
Same thing man.
Sheesh! :facepalm:
Calm down big man and take a chill pill. You think we are stupid? Ripple IS listed on EZBTC. Thanks for your inputs anyway but I am afraid they were not very helpful. Microsoft fired over 7000 employees last year. Doesn’t make them a scam company. Just because one dude got fired, you are claiming that ezbtc is a scam? [..]. It may be a scam but you haven’t produced any hard evidence yet.

Cheers,
Last edited by MrDisco on Jan 7th, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unnecessary