[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1574 posts
479 upvotes
VANCOUVER
braveblade wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:37 am
Thanks. Could you explain what do you mean by a bunch in? If I only have $300 - $500 does it mean it's not worth to put into NEO?
Yes, not worth it. Approx 3000 NEO = 1 GAS per day. Price of NEO right now is $117 each.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2006
1785 posts
30 upvotes
twotoo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:00 am
Binanace new reg, try now,, just got in few minutes ago...
Thanks for this. Luckily I woke up in the middle of the night to pee, saw your post and registered!
Apr 14, 2008
240 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I'm trying to figure out and understand this whole crypto currency thing but registered with Binance right now.
Feb 22, 2016
25 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
DDHLeigh wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:59 pm
Safe would be something like XRM, NEO, and possibly ICX with a huge upside. XVG I would never touch. ADA has no working product yet, a good team, but a larger market cap.
Ok thanks for the advice I will continue researching.
Jan 5, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
Jan 9th 2018
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/cryptoc ... under.html
Cryptocurrency market will see crash and then consolidation, Ethereum co-founder says

A number of alternative cryptocurrencies have rallied substantially in recent weeks as investors look beyond the most prominent cryptocurrency bitcoin.Ethereum co-founder Charles Hoskinson raised concern about "unrealistic" cryptocurrency projects entering the space.

"My personal opinion is that we're going to see a consolidation after a crash," Charles Hoskinson told CNBC in an interview Friday. Hoskinson now runs blockchain research firm IOHK, but was previously in charge of Ethereum, which develops the underlying technology for the cryptocurrency ether (also known as ethereum).

Aug 29, 2016
134 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone interested in buying an unverified bitfinex account?
Feb 6, 2008
875 posts
321 upvotes
Hamilton
braveblade wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:22 pm
Thanks! So if I'm looking for long term (relatively safe) growth, I should consider XRM (is that a typo? i cannot find crypto with name XRM), NEO, and ICX? How about SUB and IOTA and XLM. Already had my money in XLM.
The term "long term (relatively safe) growth" does not exist in cryptocurrency.
Jan 5, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
shwab wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:57 pm
The term "long term (relatively safe) growth" does not exist in cryptocurrency.

When the big guys who made the coins are talking a crash is coming ,crypto investors /gamblers/speculators would be wise to listen and act accordingly to protect yourself.

Market ALWAYS correct eventually, causing lots of little companies to go bankrupt, and many "good little companies" to get scooped up by the big companies who got all the $$$..Seen this so many times in the stock market,that's called "market consolidation".No different here in the crypto markets.I believe what the ETH guy said today, there is goona be a major crypto crash ,it's goona last for more than days or weeks and months etc.Tons of pain for many .The big money (institutional investors) will then swoop in and buy up like crazy(the good crypto's) at rock bottom prices(IN MY OPINION ONLY) .
No different than the stock market in any prolonged crash event.A crash brings lots of pain for the over invested , but a great opportunity for the ones with cash sitting waiting to get in .

Even the big guy Jamie Dimon that was calling Bitcoin a "scam" not long ago, well today
read how he changed his opinion .Anyways, don't be surprised they crash Bitcoin ,so the big money "Wall Street"players can get in cheap.Then ride it to glory .

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/jamie-d ... fraud.html

Jamie Dimon says he regrets calling bitcoin a fraud and believes in the technology behind it

J.P. Morgan Chase CEO said he regrets calling bitcoin a fraud.
"The blockchain is real," Dimon tells Fox Business.
Dimon remains concerned about how "governments are going to feel about bitcoin when it gets really big
Last edited by twotoo on Jan 9th, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2334 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
twotoo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:33 pm
When the big guys who made the coins are taking a crash is coming ,crypto investors /gamblers/speculators would be wise to listen and act accordingly to protect yourself.

Market ALWAYS correct eventually, causing lots of little companies to go bankrupt, and many "good little companies" to get scooped up by the big companies who got all the $$$..Seen this so many times in the stock market,that's called "market consolidation".No different here in the crypto markets.I believe what the ETH guy said today, there is goona be a major crypto crash ,it's goona last for more than days or weeks and months etc.Tons of pain for many .The big money (institutional investors) will then swoop in and buy up like crazy(the good crypto's) at rock bottom prices(IN MY OPINION ONLY) .
No different than the stock market in any prolonged crash event.A crash brings lots of pain for the over invested , but a great opportunity for the ones with cash sitting waiting to get in .

Even the big guy Jamie Dimon that was calling Bitcoin a "scam" not long ago, well today
read how he changed his opinion .Anyways, don't be surprised they crash Bitcoin ,so the big money "Wall Street"players can get in cheap.Then ride it to glory .

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/jamie-d ... fraud.html
If the government/bank really want to obtain full control, wouldn't they buy one of the super cheap crypto currencies (the little guys) in secret (or even hire people to make their own), and then later tell everyone that they're going to be using this instead of bitcoin?
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7501 posts
247 upvotes
braveblade wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:22 pm
Thanks! So if I'm looking for long term (relatively safe) growth, I should consider XRM (is that a typo? i cannot find crypto with name XRM), NEO, and ICX? How about SUB and IOTA and XLM. Already had my money in XLM.
SUB and XLM is good.

Tread lightly with IOTA. They do nothing but shill and defend their non existent product on reddit. They just got hammered by MIT too.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/6097 ... m-bitcoin/

I would cover my bases and get some XMR. Best privacy coin right now. If governments starts strangling crypto, im pretty sure they are the first one to shoot up.

Komodo is safe too. They are leading in Atomic Swap tech. No flash but pure substance.

twotoo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:33 pm

When the big guys who made the coins are taking a crash is coming ,crypto investors /gamblers/speculators would be wise to listen and act accordingly to protect yourself.

If they could crash Bitcoin they would have done it a long time ago. BTC is very diverse right now.

They have tried many times to crash BTC. The weak hands sell their bitcoin and the HODLer's hoard. People are just actually waiting for this to "crash" so they can buy more.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Jan 5, 2018
8 posts
1 upvote
blitzforce wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 1:49 pm
If the government/bank really want to obtain full control, wouldn't they buy one of the super cheap crypto currencies (the little guys) in secret (or even hire people to make their own), and then later tell everyone that they're going to be using this instead of bitcoin?
I don't know who will get control or if one even will get full control.
That's likely a bridge to be crossed 3-5 years down the road IMHO.

What I could see is in the near term a major Bitcoin crash which
hauls down the entire crypto market for a prolonged time.
Bitcoin $5000 or less in a major crash event.That's when you'll see
the former "non believers" on Wall Street go piling into Bitcoin with cash!

Look no further than the Oil Barrel price run up all the way to $140.00+
then crashed back down into the $20's per barrel.
Was the end of the world at the time lol.Yup Wall Street smart money sitting there
buying in the $20's, while others got killed.
It has taken a while, but Oil is now back at $60.00+, smart money wins.

No different with Bitcoin, manufacture a "big crash" shake the tree cause chaos, many
investors /speculators will lose tons of $$ , and big money investors will be there to buy
up Bitcoin at $5000, and then wait for it to go back past it's old highs and possibly triple digits.

It's how the game is played.
Last edited by twotoo on Jan 9th, 2018 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2009
2334 posts
407 upvotes
Toronto
twotoo wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 3:31 pm
It's how the game is played.
If you can't beat them, you join them. At the end of the day, the big guys are the ones that will dictate which cryptocurrency to use and buy most of it before anyone knows about it. They can just say we will no longer use BTC, and everyones' life-savings will go down the drain. Once it's literally worthless, these big corporations will just buy all of them and claim it was their mistake, and they now believe in the cryto world.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1574 posts
479 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Anyone grab some good discount coins today?
May 14, 2006
389 posts
9 upvotes
I was in xrp at .25 sold at 1.25 because of Bitcoin price equivalence. Considering the market cap and the current price of ripple($2.02) it would be worth $12,053 if it had BTC market cap. To me that doesn't seem like a good deal. Some coins I like and currently hold XRB, ETH and VEN

use this website to check prices of bitcoin price equivelance: http://www.bpeindex.com

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

eyeball123, shwab, rodbarc