Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
2850 posts
636 upvotes
BC
Noob questions incoming;

I'm just waiting for Quad to approve my ID verification and then I'll buy ETH and send it to Binance to trade. Once I'm ready to cash out some or all of it I'll need to trade it back into ETH, send it back to Quad and then withdrawal cad to bank account. Is that the best way?

Also, is it okay to just leave everything in Binance? What about Quad? At what point does it make sense to get my own wallet?
Mar 2, 2011
241 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
Feegus wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 3:04 am
Noob questions incoming;

I'm just waiting for Quad to approve my ID verification and then I'll buy ETH and send it to Binance to trade. Once I'm ready to cash out some or all of it I'll need to trade it back into ETH, send it back to Quad and then withdrawal cad to bank account. Is that the best way?

Also, is it okay to just leave everything in Binance? What about Quad? At what point does it make sense to get my own wallet?
It doesnt have to be eth. It can be anything qcx allows you to trade against cad. But yea that is the best way.

If you are going to make a bunch trades a month, its better to have it in binance. QCX market is very limited. Get a personal wallet if you plan to sit on your coin for a while.
Nov 8, 2011
364 posts
90 upvotes
NEPEAN
Did anyone take part in the Crypto20 (C20) ICO? WIll anyone be buying some on HitBTC come January 15?

I love the idea and have been looking for something exactly like this however I worry about competitors coming in doing the same thing with slightly lower fee or different re-balancing terms and having C20 lose significance over time. I am looking for something I can buy and forget for year+ without having to manage it.
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1621 posts
165 upvotes
nickwa wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:48 pm
Did anyone take part in the Crypto20 (C20) ICO? WIll anyone be buying some on HitBTC come January 15?

I love the idea and have been looking for something exactly like this however I worry about competitors coming in doing the same thing with slightly lower fee or different re-balancing terms and having C20 lose significance over time. I am looking for something I can buy and forget for year+ without having to manage it.
There is this thread I totally forgot about:
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/rfd-ico ... 2160386/2/
You can try posting this question on there since it is a dedicated one specifically for ICO speculation.

BTC price is making a come back from it dipping below $13993 this morning!

What you can expect to get if you are on my trading signal emails:

$BTC Update Trendline support posted earlier seems to be holding—Downtrend line broken - waiting for 4H close—-4H SRSI bullish (double bottom, bull div, cross below → above extreme value) No longs for me until 15.5k resistance breach
Nov 9, 2006
243 posts
10 upvotes
Simple question...are there any yet?
ie MF, ETF, Stocks...

If not, any timeline?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
1954 posts
777 upvotes
Hamilton
In my mind I pictured this thread as a beige corolla that invested in Crypto.
Jan 27, 2016
554 posts
221 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lmao another dumb thread...keep it under one roof.
Feb 27, 2013
117 posts
36 upvotes
Calgary
ronatola wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 1:58 pm
Simple question...are there any yet?
ie MF, ETF, Stocks...

If not, any timeline?
Nothing publicly traded like that yet, several firms filed with the SEC to move forward in this territory but there's been push back such as this: https://www.coindesk.com/more-bitcoin-f ... -pushback/ . I still think within 3-6 months is realistic to see something materialize.

However, in the Crypto space people are already doing this. There are several groups who publish their methodology for users to follow on their own, but if you're looking for something to just buy and hold here are some options:
- http://www.bittwenty.com/ - pretty plain and basic approach
- https://crypto20.com/en/ - they'll be on an exchange in 4 days (ICO'd in Dec), they're probably one of the better publicly available offerings right now. Basically a better version of bittwenty.
- https://www.iconomi.net/ - not available to Canadian's yet, but one to keep your eye on. Pretty cool approach with several fund managers and funds, really big developer team backing them so I think they're really trying to make it into something.
- https://www.bitwiseinvestments.com/ - another one to keep your eye on, they're only looking at securing private investors currently but they've attracted some big money including $4MM from paypal executives. They want to be the vanguard for crypto; big overstatement but sounds cool heh
~Let your actions reflect your desires
Nov 9, 2006
243 posts
10 upvotes
Awesome info Jon. Just what I was looking for. I have some $ that I want to put into cryptocurrency, in a couch potato kind of way, and these indexes seem interesting. I will read up on them.
Off-hand, do you know which, if any, are Canadian friendly?
May 18, 2017
133 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
What are the benefits of quadriga over coinbase? Is quadriga the only one that accepts cad? 14 day verification is very long
Penalty Box
Apr 20, 2011
1621 posts
165 upvotes
whatyoulookinatbud wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:25 pm
What are the benefits of quadriga over coinbase? Is quadriga the only one that accepts cad? 14 day verification is very long
Some don't get verified on Coinbase.
And at some point Coinbase did not accept you to add a Canadian bank to fund your account.

I don't know if they still don't.
So there is a benefit right there. Cause if your not able to put money into or even for that matter of fact, out of it, then the point of having an exchange account is point less.
As you can only keep the crypto on there and trade with it and never be able to withdraw it.
It would be just like playing with a demo account on questrade.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
7902 posts
278 upvotes
whatyoulookinatbud wrote:
Jan 10th, 2018 5:25 pm
You can use coinsquare. Faster verification. They are less clogged than Quad. Just make sure you use Flexepin so they dont hold your money. You have to pay a little more fee but that is the cost of getting into the market a little earlier.

You can fund Binance while you wait for your quad verification.
IMO, its a must that you have your own wallet if you are here for the long term. You cant trust any exchange. Its not yours unless its in your wallet.

If its a small amount, there is no point in getting a wallet. A ledger could cost you around $100+.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18752 posts
1163 upvotes
Just buy all the shares in KODK you can
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings