Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Nov 5, 2003
192 posts
29 upvotes
So the sign up is to hopefully one day get free Tron tokens?
Nov 5, 2003
192 posts
29 upvotes
Question for those smarter than me .... if it is taking forever for me to get verified through Quadiga CX, but I signed up with Bianance - is it possible for me to use a bitcoin ATM in Toronto to trade my CAD$ for bitcoin and then add it to be binance account and buy alt coins that way?

I presume I'd lose a bunch at the ATM in fees - but can it be done?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
8075 posts
2077 upvotes
Mississauga
VESTEGAARD wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 4:34 pm
I realize this is not directly linked to finance or investing but anyways. I switched to Binance.com and Binance asked for a Google Authenticaion. I have Binance set up on a laptop and somehow the Google Authentication code is wrong according to Binance.

I did change my password on Binance and for that reason they don't allow withdrawls for 24 hrs.

How can I find out what I'm doing wrong with the google authentication? I was able to convert Ethereum to XVG but I cannot withdraw. Is this because I changed the password on Binance or because I'm overseeing something in the google authentication?

My other question is whether Bittrex is better, I find Binance a bit clunky and freezes up a lot.
This happened to me when I signed up with Binance. I had to contact Binance support to reset the 2FA. The response was quick, but then I had to wait 48hrs before I can withdraw.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9218 posts
525 upvotes
momack wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 4:50 pm
Question for those smarter than me .... if it is taking forever for me to get verified through Quadiga CX, but I signed up with Bianance - is it possible for me to use a bitcoin ATM in Toronto to trade my CAD$ for bitcoin and then add it to be binance account and buy alt coins that way?

I presume I'd lose a bunch at the ATM in fees - but can it be done?
Yes, it can be done. Bitcoin ATM > Android Wallet > Binance or Bitcoin ATM > Binance. It depends on the machine/teller.

ATM have different fees. I saw one at 5% and I saw one at 15%. You have to check and then see how much the markup is. Some are acceptable some are just straight robbery.

The game is to get BTC/ETH with the lowest fees as possible and send those to binance. You dont have to just buy BTC. If you can get ahold of ETH or even LTC. That would be good too.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1999 posts
268 upvotes
Sidney
Louking wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 7:58 am
so, a very important question is - Why US govt has not banned bitcoins etc. when it is obvious that it is the currency of choice for cyber criminals, anonymous transactions and money laundering?
If that was the case, then why haven't they banned the US dollar for the same reasons?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kevindurant1 wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 4:28 pm
Definitely needed a new thread. Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Besides BTC. What is your Top 5 pick for 2018.

1. Ether
2. Ripple
3. Monero
4. Stellar Lumens
5. Cardano
1. XRP, always liked them even when there was so much FUD from before.
2. REQ is due for a breakout Imo.
3. XLM is also due. It's been flying under the radar.
4. OMG is probably going to have a big 2018.
5. Monero. I'd have to agree with you on this one.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
momack wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 4:48 pm
So the sign up is to hopefully one day get free Tron tokens?
Nothing to lose. I'm just hoping it's not something like 100 TRX :)
Oct 11, 2010
954 posts
292 upvotes
Charlottetown
Because it's very difficult, if not completely impossible to ban or stop it.
Nov 22, 2017
274 posts
146 upvotes
Thanks this thread was much needed, as altcoin discussion is mixed into the bitcoin thread. Anyways the problem has been the enormous wait times signing up with some of these services and the crazy account funding/withdraw fees for Canadians. I realize it's not a big issue due to the enormous volatility of cryptocurrency but the rfder in me can't help but search for the quickest and cheapest method to fund an account. Would appreciate if any of the more experienced traders can provide some advice in avoiding fees as much as possible for funding and withdrawing.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Another freebie. You can pick up 30 free DENT if you download their mobile app via the Apple store. It's not much right now, but who knows in the future. Here was the official announcement:

Taken from their site:

"What problem is DENT solving?
Mobile data access today is for many people as valuable as hot water or electricity. When we don’t have Internet access, we fear that we are missing out. However, access to mobile data and bandwidth is controlled by just a few companies in every country. The mobile operators keep the supply restricted and the prices high. Unused data allowances are made to expire every month and that creates billions of dollars of profits for the operators at the expense of the user.
We want to liberate mobile data and bandwidth, users need to be able to freely remit or donate data to other users. World-wide."

It's not a bad idea to sign up for things. I just read that someone signed up for XLM several years back and found 6000 in their wallet, for free.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Congrats to all that listened to buy REQ. It is on a tear right now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Super_Chicken wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 8:29 pm
What are people's thoughts on RaiBlocks (XRB)?
I like the project. It was on my radar when it was trading at $0.60, but I never bought in. This is the one I'm kicking myself with everyday...
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 2:59 am
Did you really have to create another thread?

Whale : syne.
Why thank you. From a self-proclaimed cryptomillionaire, I'm honoured to be called a whale. <3
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2004
5242 posts
902 upvotes
DDHLeigh wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 10:59 pm
I like the project. It was on my radar when it was trading at $0.60, but I never bought in. This is the one I'm kicking myself with everyday...
Same. Now I can't justify getting in this late even though it could potentially keep going up and up.

Tron is on a tear. 30x my initial investment right now.