Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
If you have a Bitgrail account and have not logged in the past several days and have not read any news you better...
Apr 24, 2015
45 posts
9 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Interesting.
Last edited by Volant on Feb 10th, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Official MyEtherWallet Statement from kvhnuke (Kosala):

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comme ... statement/

Here's the short version if you don't want to click on the link: Basically the 2 people that created MEW, Kosala and Taylor split (apparently nasty) and there are now 2 versions of MEW - Original MEW with Kosala and the new Mycrypto with Taylor. Taylor also apparently stole the official Twitter account of MEW and changed it to Mycrypto. There is also a pending lawsuit between the 2 parties.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9265 posts
536 upvotes

LOL. This guy.

You have to wonder who paid him to spread Binance FUD.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
kevindurant1 wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 1:07 pm

LOL. This guy.

You have to wonder who paid him to spread Binance FUD.
You see the one where he gave his address and tel phone to someone asking them to show up at his front door? hahahahaha.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9265 posts
536 upvotes
DDHLeigh wrote:
Feb 12th, 2018 3:24 pm
You see the one where he gave his address and tel phone to someone asking them to show up at his front door? hahahahaha.
Didnt see that one but i am sure he has ex navy seals guarding him.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9265 posts
536 upvotes
BTC just touched 10k today boys. Crypto is stronger than ever.

Let us thank all the FUDster's worldwide for doing all the work. Face With Tears Of Joy
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
For all of you that have a bank account linked to Coinbase please immediately unlink it. You might want to unlink your credit card(s) too. Some people are getting auto withdrawals and getting their bank accounts drained by Coinbase due to a "coding" issue.
Oct 27, 2016
136 posts
246 upvotes
DDHLeigh wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 6:21 pm
For all of you that have a bank account linked to Coinbase please immediately unlink it. You might want to unlink your credit card(s) too. Some people are getting auto withdrawals and getting their bank accounts drained by Coinbase due to a "coding" issue.
I guess I got lucky, because as soon as the news came out that banks and credit cards were blocking Coinbase or charging as a cash advance, I stopped using Coinbase and disconnected my credit cards. Thank god. I saw those nightmare situations on Reddit today.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
50604 posts
15407 upvotes
I wonder if BTC will eventually pay interest or dividends.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
5444 posts
5559 upvotes
alanbrenton wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 7:30 am
I wonder if BTC will eventually pay interest or dividends.
BTC will not. But coins / tokens for some hedge funds holding BTC and other crypto does, as a portion of their quarterly results. Examples include Astronaut Capital (ASTRO) and Token as a Service Fund (TAAS).

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Nov 9, 2006
295 posts
19 upvotes
DDHLeigh wrote:
Feb 15th, 2018 6:21 pm
Thanks for the heads-up. I detached my CCs from Coinbase as soon as I read thi.
CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT : Coinbase had nothing to do with this issue. The BANKS (with help from the CC Companies/processors) initiated this cluster f*ck to throw a wrench into crypto currencies.
Feb 1, 2017
146 posts
28 upvotes
ronatola wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 9:47 am
Thanks for the heads-up. I detached my CCs from Coinbase as soon as I read thi.
CONSPIRACY THEORY ALERT : Coinbase had nothing to do with this issue. The BANKS (with help from the CC Companies/processors) initiated this cluster f*ck to throw a wrench into crypto currencies.
Already confirmed that it's not Coinbase's fault.

https://techcrunch.com/2018/02/16/visa- ... /?ncid=rss