Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Apr 6, 2017
108 posts
227 upvotes
jcdogg wrote:
Feb 17th, 2018 11:51 am

VeChain will be top 10 coin soon. You heard it here first.
I hear Sunny Lu is a shady guy

Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
soul5tice wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 8:17 am
All crypto telegram is toxic lol.. who hangs out in crypto telegram anyways it's just a bunch moonboy meme posting. Reddit and Bitcointalk forums are much better.
Just by pure comparison, check out the EOS or Civic channels, or really any channel with a serious dev presence. Telegram can be a very good place to speak to people close to the project. I've had conversations with Dan Larimer, Vinny Lingham, and plenty of other high profile people through their official Telegram.

Even Chinese projects like Icon and Wanchain manage to have a mature English speaking crowd. But the real litmus test is if you can level criticism against the coin without getting mocked and banned. VeChain strikes me as one of those cult-like channels where only positive talk is tolerated.. even though y'know, the project doesn't have a whitepaper or a Github, just a bunch of nebulous partnerships with companies that don't know this coin exists, or at best are turning a blind eye.
Last edited by Syne on Feb 28th, 2018 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
jcdogg wrote:
Feb 26th, 2018 5:22 pm

VeChain and BMW partnership confirmed.
Let's get a source from BMW confirming this.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3173 posts
534 upvotes
GTA
Is binance worth it, I always feel skittish verifying all my details when they ask for passport etc. What do you guys think? After I signed up at coinbase and quadridgex now I get spam calls throughout the day which I haven't had in years
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1803 posts
619 upvotes
VANCOUVER
jarko wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 5:09 pm
Is binance worth it, I always feel skittish verifying all my details when they ask for passport etc. What do you guys think? After I signed up at coinbase and quadridgex now I get spam calls throughout the day which I haven't had in years
I love Binance. As for spam calls, I have also signed up with those, but have never received any spam either by phone or email...
Nov 9, 2006
295 posts
19 upvotes
jarko wrote:
If you're nervous - why even signup with Binance if you're alrdy with QUAD?
Jan 16, 2009
322 posts
108 upvotes
jarko wrote:
Pretty sure you don't need to verify to use binance. I use binance without verifying.

quad is the one you need to verify cause you are dealing with fiat going in an out. Binance you are just dealing with cryptos.
Oct 27, 2016
136 posts
246 upvotes
ronatola wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 7:26 pm
If you're nervous - why even signup with Binance if you're alrdy with QUAD?
Because with Quad, you can only trade BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, and BTG. Whereas with Binance, you have probably 100 different cryptos to trade.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
jarko wrote:
Yeah, Binance is a no-brainer if you're committed to doing this thing.

Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2013
9234 posts
530 upvotes
I dont know if anyone here is holding Waltonchain but they got caught rigging their own giveaway. Most of these giveaways are probably scams but walton got caught so its a fact that they are shady.

Dont forget that Boxmining was shilling this coin too. Probably got paid on the low. DYOR!.

Charlie Lee was shilling NANO. Watch out for that one too.
TORONTO RAPTORS IS THE 2019 NBA CHAMPIONS
Feb 4, 2017
190 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Getting these spam calls too. didnt even clue in that it was problably related to signing up on quad and coinbase.
Feb 2, 2011
163 posts
14 upvotes
anyone know how to buy in coinbase now, after all canadian banks seem to have stopped allowed using credit cards........ dont even see option to add bank
Jul 19, 2007
826 posts
132 upvotes
ediasn wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 11:12 am
anyone know how to buy in coinbase now, after all canadian banks seem to have stopped allowed using credit cards........ dont even see option to add bank
You can still use Debit cards.
Jul 19, 2007
826 posts
132 upvotes
I tried using coinsquare today, obviously lot of drawbacks to it, E-transfer was ok.

But I bought some BTC, their little ticker said 1278, ofcourse when I buy it I get a 1320 price...sigh..That's over 3%
Which I've heard of them doing this and lot of complains about the site.

Canadian options are so garbage. Everything trash and overpriced.
Jul 19, 2007
826 posts
132 upvotes
If you factor deposit fees, trade fees, transfer fees, you'll be down 10% ...lol

Not sure how long these places can stay afloat. volumes so low.

Sucks coinbase stopped taking CC's, the 4% was ok since you were getting a great price and cheap transfer.