14 upvotes
couldnt find an option to add debit card for canadians
Jul 19, 2007
826 posts
132 upvotes
ediasn wrote:
Mar 9th, 2018 2:21 pm
couldnt find an option to add debit card for canadians
Just click add card and add your debit card like you would with your CC. Its the same option.
Feb 11, 2007
370 posts
37 upvotes
East
You can add your debit card to Coinbase now for those who got their credit card banned. I just did it with my TD debit.
Jul 19, 2007
826 posts
132 upvotes
I tried selling bitcoin cash on coinsquare to CAD....it says account not verified but my account has been verified.

is the withholding period apply to sell your coins to cash too?

I hate all these sites....so mickey mouse
Nov 13, 2015
27 posts
6 upvotes
jcdogg wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 2:15 pm
You can add your debit card to Coinbase now for those who got their credit card banned. I just did it with my TD debit.
Do you have a CVC number on your debit card? Mine doesn't and Coinbase won't accept cards without a CVC.
May 20, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
KingKuba wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 5:07 pm
I tried selling bitcoin cash on coinsquare to CAD....it says account not verified but my account has been verified.

Man..does this still keep on happening? Why don't people look for actually licensed&regulated crypto-platforms like Kriptomat.

Those guys even have open-beta invites right now.

I wasted enough time on Coinomi and Kraken already. Join up here if you want, things look way easier (and faster) than what the rest is offering...

Cheers!
May 20, 2018
1 posts
KingKuba wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 5:07 pm

I haven't actually used coinsquare yet. I've used localbitcoins, but it can be a bit of a pain in the ass... and the bitcoin ATMs work but they rape you with fees of 5-10% both ways. I was waiting for my coinsquare account to get verified and signed up for bitbuy.ca at the same time. They're usually 0.75% deposit rates... which is the lowest I can find. They had a problem with the picture that I uploaded and they called me to ask me for a new one, and then I was verified with the hour. Pretty sweet, I've been waiting on other exchanges for months.
Don't take my word on the ATMs either, some of the high traffic ones might have lower fees, there's a site you can see all the locations and rates: https://localbitcoins.com/country/CA

Holy shit some of them are as high as 15% to buy. Maybe just stay with an exchange.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
odpadnik wrote:
May 21st, 2018 10:38 am
Man..does this still keep on happening? Why don't people look for actually licensed&regulated crypto-platforms like Kriptomat.

Those guys even have open-beta invites right now.

I wasted enough time on Coinomi and Kraken already. Join up here if you want, things look way easier (and faster) than what the rest is offering...

Cheers!
Isn't Kyrptomat EU only?
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
May 20, 2018
4 posts
1 upvote
Syne wrote:
May 21st, 2018 5:11 pm
Isn't Kyrptomat EU only?
Aww.. damnit. Yea, true that. I'm from Austria originally, so that's not a big issue. I mean, I did hear from them, that they will sooner or later go global, but for now it seems that it's for EU citizens primarily.

Thanks for the reality-check Syne! :)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 14, 2010
5436 posts
5535 upvotes
SilverKit wrote:
May 23rd, 2018 9:25 am
So what are the best options for Canadian Exchanges?
Funding / withdrawing via shakepay, trading on binance, idex and cryptopia, moving in and out between main coins and cash in bitstamp and trading options in btc in deribit has been working well for me.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.