Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Dec 23, 2015
523 posts
464 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 5:00 pm
Shakepay is my go to these days, I used to use QuadrigaCX.
Nice ,thanks, anything similar for other coins like litecoin, Monero etc?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2441 posts
347 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:56 pm
I haven't kept up with all the big exchanges, but what I did when I was actively trading Alts was register on bittrex and binance, then I'd transfer Litecoin or ETH purchased from quadrigaCX or shakepay to my exchange address and sell/trade for a larger variety of Alts on those exchanges.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4897 posts
4404 upvotes
6060842 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 4:54 pm
Looking to dabble in some cryptos now that last year's mania has turned upside down. Seems to be quite a PITA to buy and even more difficult to sell though. Trading sites I've looked at all seem to have their drawbacks. Looking for a site that one can trade in $CDN, that doesn't charge excessive fees or actively discourage small accounts , AND, preferably one doesn't have a crazy verification process to open an account. I did look at QuadrigacX but read that they discourage small accounts and the verification process seems a bit much if one is trading a couple thousand dollars max. Suggestions would be appreciated.
Shakepay, best one right now hands down. Responsive support and customer care, which is the biggest gap in the crypto world today. Reasonable fees and the ability to buy BTC or ETH straight from Cad$.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
2535 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
6060842 wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 6:56 pm
Long answer is just below (buying from shakepay, moving it to an "alt coin exchange" and trading, etc)

Short answer is no - not aware of any option to just load your account with $CAD and then buy any altcoin of your choice.

Only one I can think of is QCX - you can buy whatever alt they have on there with $CAD (ETH, LTC, BCH and it's forks?)