Investing

The RFD - Cryptocurrency Mega Thread

Sep 27, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Ok,

How do we know that Shakepay/Coinsquare/Coinberry/Einstien Exchanges are any more legit in it's operations than QuadrigaCX ?

I will be more inclined seek a peer-to-peer solution in Canada. Has anyone ever used linkcoin.pro or localbitcoins.com?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4955 posts
4559 upvotes
brettvan wrote:
Feb 6th, 2019 3:27 pm
Ok,

How do we know that Shakepay/Coinsquare/Coinberry/Einstien Exchanges are any more legit in it's operations than QuadrigaCX ?

I will be more inclined seek a peer-to-peer solution in Canada. Has anyone ever used linkcoin.pro or localbitcoins.com?
You can try bisq. But limits are very low. I've been using shakepay since last summer, very responsive, and transfers are fast. Do small amounts.

I think the issue with peer-to-peer is that limits eill always be low to transfer to / from fiat, because there's no centralized agency handling verification - by design.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Investing strategy based on dividend growth

Trading strategy based on Graham principles.
Feb 6, 2019
1 posts
Hey Brett!

I work at Coinberry and the security and trust of our users are of the utmost importance. We do our absolute best to support and promote sound integrity of the Crypto Markets in Canada.

We have an article here detailing what we are doing so that a situation like QuadrigaCX never happens again. Click here to read more!

Feel free to message me if you have any questions :)
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2084 posts
415 upvotes
Belle River
I need to pay for something in bitcoin soon and I'd rather not use a credit card, but the problem is I don't have X business days to wait for Interac transfers to go through on Shakepay or Coinberry, and Coinberry won't allow withdrawals for 3 days anyway. The only option that was instant was flexepin on Coinsquare but I forgot my damn password and password reset causes your account to become locked down for 7 days so that's useless now.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Maybe MyBTC.ca? EDIT: MyBTC says your initial funding will be held for manual verification, damn.
Last edited by hystavito on Feb 8th, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4955 posts
4559 upvotes
hystavito wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 10:43 pm
I need to pay for something in bitcoin soon and I'd rather not use a credit card, but the problem is I don't have X business days to wait for Interac transfers to go through on Shakepay or Coinberry. The only option that was instant was flexepin on Coinsquare but I forgot my damn password and password reset causes your account to become locked down for 7 days so that's useless now.

Anyone have any other suggestions? Maybe MyBTC.ca? EDIT: MyBTC says your initial funding will be held for manual verification, damn.
Interac transfer to shakepay is instant.

Rod
Build a comprehensive portfolio based on Investing and Trading strategies. Check out these threads and join the discussion:

Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
2084 posts
415 upvotes
Belle River
rodbarc wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 10:54 pm
Interac transfer to shakepay is instant.

Rod
EDIT: It worked, thanks. I don't really like that I'm forced to use a mobile app but as I explained I'm out of time and options.
Feb 11, 2007
363 posts
33 upvotes
East
Pretty big deal going on with VeChain and Chinas one belt one road intiative:

Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2010
4955 posts
4559 upvotes
hystavito wrote:
Feb 8th, 2019 11:00 pm
EDIT: It worked, thanks. I don't really like that I'm forced to use a mobile app but as I explained I'm out of time and options.
Now Shakepay introduced Shakepay Web, so you are not forced to use a mobile app.

Rod