• Nov 9th, 2017 6:56 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7898 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
DeeCee wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 9:38 am
Take your time and adjust where needed, and seeing where it's rubbing. I've had fenders on my commuter for 8 years now, no issues. Been riding this bike 4x/week to work throughout the year in all sorts of weather. Just make sure your fenders are the proper size and spaced evenly on both sides. If that's fine, then make sure your wheels and tires are true.
I'm assuming there they are the right size since I had them installed.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2007
2066 posts
587 upvotes
London
CapKap wrote:
Oct 19th, 2017 9:33 pm
Congratulations @Moondeer ! That's a gorgeous bike...

Even though I want a gravel bike I almost impulse purchased a road bike because they're so damn aesthetic. Glad to see being patient worked out for you!

EDIT: Almost picked up this one: https://www.sportchek.ca/product/332217 ... =332217744
That's a pretty solid price for a 105 spec bike. Obviously add the 10% email sign up for more savings.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7898 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
Hmm would cycling shoe covers fit over running shoes? Or too tight? I want to protect my feet my getting soaked.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2008
9234 posts
1804 upvotes
Toronto
trellaine201 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 2:44 pm
Hmm would cycling shoe covers fit over running shoes? Or too tight? I want to protect my feet my getting soaked.

Thanks
doubtful, running shoes have very thick soles....you would likely have to size up on the covers to even try.

Not to mention no grip with the shoe soles covered and flat pedals
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7898 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
Okay more bike problems. I had some fenders installed last week. They seem to be okay. Not a fan of fenders. I can already make that claim. Anyways. I had them adjusted this morning. There is some friction. *shrug*, but n my way home from work to night a fellow cyclist who was riding behind me warned me about a very wobbly rear and he said he didn’t want me to pop a tire. I’m not surprised as my bike has quite abit of wobble/play.

Should I ask the bike shop to check the hub? Axle? Bearings? Would these more than likely cause this noticeable wobble/play? And lastly what bout the cassette? Could that be causing the wobble? *sigh*

Thanks
Feb 25, 2003
167 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
Whereabouts are you located in Vancouver? Do you want me to have a look? I'm in east Vancouver near Joyce-Collingwood. A wobbly wheel could be a number of things, the wheel itself, or the tire itself..if it's not seated properly. Yes, could be a bent axle.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7898 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m near VGH. I’ll stop by Union cycles on the way to work.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
7898 posts
420 upvotes
Vancouver
Turns out my rear wheel and spokes we’re out of whack in turn causing the major wobble. I bought the rim a. Fewmonths ago from a different shop. The new shop said it’s a good idea to have the spokes etc checked after 140km. The other shop never mentioned anything when I purchased the rim.

Bottom line is the bike is running much better. But still no fan of the fenders. Pain in the ass. Making noises etc. I’m assuming there rubbing to some extent. Oh well.
Feb 25, 2003
167 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
trellaine201 wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 12:15 am
Turns out my rear wheel and spokes we’re out of whack in turn causing the major wobble. I bought the rim a. Fewmonths ago from a different shop. The new shop said it’s a good idea to have the spokes etc checked after 140km. The other shop never mentioned anything when I purchased the rim.

Bottom line is the bike is running much better. But still no fan of the fenders. Pain in the ass. Making noises etc. I’m assuming there rubbing to some extent. Oh well.
Since it's still Bike To Work Week in Vancouver, see if you can swing by any Celebration Stations where they have free mechanical services and have the mechanic have a look. Otherwise, maybe head to Our Community Bikes and have someone take look at it. I volunteer there sometimes, when time allows.
Nov 23, 2013
115 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Wonder what people are using for indoor training this fall/winter? Trainerroad, Zwift, Sufferfest, others?
Looking for a good option that will help me improve my FTP and VO2 max using scheduled workouts.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2010
1604 posts
151 upvotes
shlomom wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 2:54 pm
Wonder what people are using for indoor training this fall/winter? Trainerroad, Zwift, Sufferfest, others?
Looking for a good option that will help me improve my FTP and VO2 max using scheduled workouts.
Here is an overview of them https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2016/11/tra ... guide.html

They all offer free trials, try them and see what works for you.
How can an ant carry twenty times its body weight, but root beer floats are still delicious?
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1951 posts
54 upvotes
shlomom wrote:
Oct 26th, 2017 2:54 pm
I'm using a Kickr and Zwift ... I have a few Sufferfest videos but don't like the music for most of them.
Nov 23, 2013
115 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. Saw that and have tried zwift...not sure if worth trying the others...trying to gage people's preference.
Nov 23, 2013
115 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
bunnyfoo wrote:
Oct 27th, 2017 11:26 am
I'm using a Kickr and Zwift ... I have a few Sufferfest videos but don't like the music for most of them.
How do you find sufferfest for training? How'd you find the 4d test and it's result?
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1125 posts
175 upvotes
cRaZyRaVr wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 11:31 am
I have installed the Race Blade PRO XL on my Giant TCX 1 and not taking them off. They only slightly shift during very very rough offroading (cyclecross). $40 well spent.

I commute 30km+ one way every day and saved my ass (literally) many times since :)
Did you get the clip-ons? And from where?