Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11463 posts
2277 upvotes
Ottawa
Swerny wrote:
Jun 26th, 2018 10:50 am
sorry, i should have been more clear.

Chromoly steel tends to be heavy... I wouldn't consider it to be any kind of "upgrade" to an aluminum or carbon fibre fork
Fair enough. I should have been more clear as well. It’s an upgrade compared to the hi-tensile steel forks that comes with the Norco vfr4 the OP was looking at.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2004
1976 posts
57 upvotes
How easy or complicated is it to move the Di2 junction box? I want to move it to the bottom of my stem... right now, it's mounted to the top. It's just for aesthetic reasons - I'd like to have it more hidden. If it's complicated, I'll leave it where it is.
Mar 29, 2007
152 posts
15 upvotes
bunnyfoo wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 2:49 pm
How easy or complicated is it to move the Di2 junction box? I want to move it to the bottom of my stem... right now, it's mounted to the top. It's just for aesthetic reasons - I'd like to have it more hidden. If it's complicated, I'll leave it where it is.
ive never seen it mounted to the top of stem before. but if its strapped on by the rubber strap it shuold be easy to just flip to the other side and reconnect the wires. maybe a picture would help.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21578 posts
6473 upvotes
Toronto
Sporting Life in gta is having no hst waived sale on 2018 in stock adult bikes (all brands). Do note they don’t carry many to begin with.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
2897 posts
353 upvotes
Mississauga
Is there ever a case to not find a rarely used one rather then buy one from a store new?
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2822 posts
51 upvotes
Markham
Hey guys

I'm about to buy MAVIC KSYRIUM ELITE UST GRAPHITE $950.

Is there a better wheelset for this same price? Buying new only.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2547 posts
421 upvotes
Mississauga
chinaboy1021 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 3:19 am
Hey guys

I'm about to buy MAVIC KSYRIUM ELITE UST GRAPHITE $950.

Is there a better wheelset for this same price? Buying new only.
Lots of just as good if not better Chinese options.
Jun 18, 2018
21 posts
10 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 12:17 am
Is it worth buying an Ebike?
Depends on what type of riding you're gonna do and your goals too. If fitness is your main goal i wouldn't. If getting from point A to point B without breaking as much of a sweat is your goal it might be a good option.

A lot of the bike Paths have restricted their usage though and most road users aren't too keen on them in general as the main demographic that goes for them (mainly the scooter-looking e-bikes) are people who can't get a license for various reasons which tarnishes their image A LOT.

It's a great product which does have its place in the market. Just gotta figure out whether or not it's for you :)
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4052 posts
1024 upvotes
Canuckland
zephillou wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2018 1:02 pm
Depends on what type of riding you're gonna do and your goals too. If fitness is your main goal i wouldn't. If getting from point A to point B without breaking as much of a sweat is your goal it might be a good option.

A lot of the bike Paths have restricted their usage though and most road users aren't too keen on them in general as the main demographic that goes for them (mainly the scooter-looking e-bikes) are people who can't get a license for various reasons which tarnishes their image A LOT.

It's a great product which does have its place in the market. Just gotta figure out whether or not it's for you :)
Yeah, my goal is to get from A to B without being drown in a pool of sweat.

Living in the suburbs travelling to a GO station to then travel to downtown Toronto

I still find it hard to believe they are around $2k and the cheaper ones I've seen are always out of stock like the voltbikes
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2822 posts
51 upvotes
Markham
So what wheels should I get in the $1000 range? I don't want to buy used or Chinese.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2006
1442 posts
184 upvotes
Toronto
chinaboy1021 wrote:
Jul 4th, 2018 1:15 pm
So what wheels should I get in the $1000 range? I don't want to buy used or Chinese.
Try reaching out to Urbane Wheels (https://www.instagram.com/urbanewheels/) and give them a budget. I've reached out to them in the past and they've given me some really good options with good price points.
I take pictures of stuff ; flickr
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10493 posts
3202 upvotes
Toronto
chinaboy1021 wrote:
What are you looking to do with them? What type of riding,? what bike? How much do you weigh?

Just some examples:

https://www.merlincycles.com/forza-cirr ... 89768.html

https://www.probikekit.ca/bicycle-wheel ... 75987.html

https://www.merlincycles.com/forza-cirr ... 89766.html

No experience with either of these but they are 50% off.

There are always deals to be had
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2547 posts
421 upvotes
Mississauga
chinaboy1021 wrote:
Why?