• Dec 10th, 2018 3:35 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10588 posts
3377 upvotes
Toronto
DdBigs wrote:
Oct 10th, 2018 8:38 pm
Anyone have experience with this Toronto bike show this weekend? Just want to know how is the lineup getting in. Are people lined up before it opens? I'm guessing they are lol
lineup is long and yes people get there very early for the best selection
Mar 29, 2007
152 posts
15 upvotes
The 11 inc at the shops at don mills has a 1 day only sale today. just got back, most of their soft goods with the exception of assos is 50% off. Includes castelli, poc, giordana. helmets and shoes same deal with some exclusions.
Nov 6, 2007
274 posts
92 upvotes
London
1 day left 24 more tickets need to be sold, please help make this happen!
junkyjunky wrote:
Oct 5th, 2018 8:35 am
For those of you in the London, Ontario area and want to see a cycling documentary, MAMIL is going to be playing on October 29.

If you've tried to watch this film, you've noticed how incredibly difficult it is to find. For those that do not know it check out this link: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7890942/pl ... _=tt_ov_pl

I have been able to coordinate a viewing date in London at Hyland Cinema (240 Wharncliffe Road South, London, ON, N6J 2L4), available now on October 29, 2018, at 7:00 PM. You register for your tickets here: https://tickets.demand.film/event/6103

Note, that if we don't get 50 people to sign up for tickets, we don't get to watch the movie, so spread the word. Your charges for tickets don't get billed unless the movie shows. Right now we need 37 more tickets to be sold to make the showing happen - tell all of your cycling friends!!!!

Let me know if you have questions and hope to see you all there!
Apr 10, 2017
616 posts
206 upvotes
TomKat2 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2018 4:18 pm
The 11 inc at the shops at don mills has a 1 day only sale today. just got back, most of their soft goods with the exception of assos is 50% off. Includes castelli, poc, giordana. helmets and shoes same deal with some exclusions.
I wonder if their Assos rep got pissed with them "flooding" Toronto with cheap Assos stuff because of the "flood" that happened
Feb 14, 2004
998 posts
102 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Does cold weather make your aluminum bike more absorbate in harsh roads? I have been commuting with my Costco Northrock road bike this past summer, and this bike is pretty stiff and harsh. However, lately I feel it's less harsh when I go through the Don Mill trail.

Just wondering if there's any science behind this, or it's all in my head lol
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11535 posts
2353 upvotes
Ottawa
pcboy wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 9:43 pm
Does cold weather make your aluminum bike more absorbate in harsh roads? I have been commuting with my Costco Northrock road bike this past summer, and this bike is pretty stiff and harsh. However, lately I feel it's less harsh when I go through the Don Mill trail.

if anything, the cold weather should make teh bike frame stiffer, except for tire pressure. When the air gets cold, air contracts and tire pressure goes down. And that means a softer ride. The same reason you want to recheck your tire pressure on car tires when the temp drops.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2004
2587 posts
450 upvotes
Mississauga
pcboy wrote:
Oct 20th, 2018 9:43 pm

Its just your ass getting used to the bike.
Apr 23, 2016
140 posts
89 upvotes
Looking to buy some nice carbon clinchers for my bike. Scared to buy used for the obvious reasons.

Anyone have suggestions on where to find some good deals?
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
10588 posts
3377 upvotes
Toronto
R35gtr wrote:
Oct 30th, 2018 4:37 pm
Looking to buy some nice carbon clinchers for my bike. Scared to buy used for the obvious reasons.

Anyone have suggestions on where to find some good deals?
I have bought wheels from both XMCarbonspeed and Yishun Bike and have been happy with both sets.
Aug 12, 2003
352 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
Any local GTA deals for a Wahoo Kickr Core and Climb? A few good deals now in the US, but would be nice to buy locally for service issues, but the price gap is pretty big with US sales now.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
1325 posts
958 upvotes
GoogleFish wrote:
Nov 13th, 2018 3:38 pm
Any local GTA deals for a Wahoo Kickr Core and Climb? A few good deals now in the US, but would be nice to buy locally for service issues, but the price gap is pretty big with US sales now.
What are the deals you are seeing down South? In the market for a smart bike trainer albeit still researching various models.
Aug 12, 2003
352 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
peli33 wrote:
Nov 14th, 2018 2:46 pm
What are the deals you are seeing down South? In the market for a smart bike trainer albeit still researching various models.
Clever Training has 20% off one item, including all trainers, this week only. Need to ship to US address.
Sep 20, 2003
343 posts
80 upvotes
Burnaby
trainers and power meters: dcrainmaker.com for reviews and deals