Kitchener, ON
ThaChingster wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:07 pm
spectral, nice bike!
love the green accents

how much travel does that fork have?
Thanks
It is a 100mm fork.
According to the spec sheet: Fox Float F29 Evolution CTD w/ 15QR thru-axle, OverDrive 2, 100mm Travel
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5247 posts
118 upvotes
Nepean
25lbs!? Geez, thats completely awesome. I love the XTC 29er line. Was about to get one for myself this year, but then stumbled on a good deal for my giant defy.
heatware available upon request
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
7918 posts
322 upvotes
SpectralMeat wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 4:15 pm
Thanks
It is a 100mm fork.
According to the spec sheet: Fox Float F29 Evolution CTD w/ 15QR thru-axle, OverDrive 2, 100mm Travel
Hey I saw one today that the seat had the air suspension/adjustments? Does your's do that?
Nov 13, 2003
545 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
r1lee wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 9:49 am
how did you like it? i was exhausted doing it myself... took me a good 45min, coming around back to my house and teh starting point.
It's a very nice area with some good climbs. We start from downtown Toronto so it's usually longer rides. I wish I lived there so I could ride there all the time.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2009
1636 posts
299 upvotes
Markham
r1lee wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 5:48 pm
Hey I saw one today that the seat had the air suspension/adjustments? Does your's do that?
From the pic it looks like it doesn't have the height adjustable seat post.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

But they're very nice, great for technical descents
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
7525 posts
372 upvotes
r1lee wrote:
I don't think any bikes come with the hydraulic seatpost stock.

I've been eyeing one for a while now but even on clearance they run $200. I think reg price the crank bros Joplin runs $400.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6612 posts
964 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
r1lee wrote:
No mine doesn't have the dropper seat post. They are nice but too expensive. I'd rather have the remote front suspension lock out. They come really handy for climbs, I don't do nearly enough downhill to justify the dropper seat post.

bpod

It is actually 25.8 lbs according to my bathroom scale :) Still it is very light for a bike this big, with all stock parts.
I've just placed an order for some Ice-Tech 180mm brake rotors, I've had those on my old bike and they were fantastic and whisper quiet.
Stock R wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 7:12 pm
I don't think any bikes come with the hydraulic seatpost stock.
Usually the high end bikes come with the dropper seat post, I think the carbon Cannondale Jekyll has it but that bike is nearly $10,000
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
7918 posts
322 upvotes
The bike they showed me had it and it was $4400 msrp
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6612 posts
964 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
r1lee wrote:
Dec 7th, 2012 8:04 pm
The bike they showed me had it and it was $4400 msrp
Sometimes lower priced bikes have it too for sure what I meant was in general you'd see the dropper seat post on high end models.
Maybe this was the bike you saw? :http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ca/bik ... 324/58279/
or was it a hard tail?
I guess they call these the "all mountain" category of mountain bikes with the dropper seat posts. It seems Giant has these posts on a lot of full suspension bikes, last time I've looked into this was a few years ago when they first came out with the dropper seatposts and it was reserved for the high end bikes. From Cannondale you definitely pay a premium for having one.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6612 posts
964 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
So I've just registered my bikes (I just did the cross bike registration also) on Giant's website, and I found this after registering: http://www.shopgiant.ca/
So I guess I am getting a $100 code to spend in their store. Nice little surprise :)
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1707 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
i have an 18 year old brodie expresso with xt, some race face and syncros gear that isn't over 24.5 pounds. i know it's not a 29er but i thought bikes were way lighter now.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
6612 posts
964 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
peppy5 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 4:16 am
i have an 18 year old brodie expresso with xt, some race face and syncros gear that isn't over 24.5 pounds. i know it's not a 29er but i thought bikes were way lighter now.
Don't forget the old bikes have canti brake systems the new bikes are all hydraulic disc brakes. The frames are much beefier these days also.
My bike isn't the lightest, there are still a lot of weight that can be saved but it is a good starting point. I think my wheels would need to be replaced to make the bike a lot lighter. Also keep in mind I was using the bathroom scale so it isn't exactly the most accurate measuring device you can think of :)
This 29er here is 16.5 lbs:
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2004
1707 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
SpectralMeat wrote:
Dec 8th, 2012 7:21 am
Don't forget the old bikes have canti brake systems the new bikes are all hydraulic disc brakes. The frames are much beefier these days also.
My bike isn't the lightest, there are still a lot of weight that can be saved but it is a good starting point. I think my wheels would need to be replaced to make the bike a lot lighter. Also keep in mind I was using the bathroom scale so it isn't exactly the most accurate measuring device you can think of :)
This 29er here is 16.5 lbs:
true true, where's the two other chainrings and it looks like it's missing the right side of the fork? just kidding :lol:
× < >