Sports & Recreation

RFD Cycling Thread [OFFICIAL]

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2018 3:35 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2002
1859 posts
4 upvotes
Picked up some Garmin Vector pedals today. Probably should have just gotten a G3 wheel but I've been wanting the Vector so long I got a bit fixated. Installed and took them for a quick ride today, going for a longer ride tomorrow.
Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases -Thomas Jefferson
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2006
6297 posts
458 upvotes
Toronto
galanz wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 7:33 pm
Picked up some Garmin Vector pedals today. Probably should have just gotten a G3 wheel but I've been wanting the Vector so long I got a bit fixated. Installed and took them for a quick ride today, going for a longer ride tomorrow.
How much?
RFD + ME = POOR
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8128 posts
453 upvotes
Cool... I've always wanted the vector, but that was when I only had one bike.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7134 posts
1236 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Hehe even with a discount that set of pedal is more expensive then my bike was! :)
Maybe when I win the lottery, I can afford toys like that.
Steam: SpectralMeat
Jan 2, 2005
93 posts
Richmond Hill
I got a pair of the Vectors too and now I have to spend some money to get a proper torque wrench cause I don't trust the left/right balance readings. Apparently, on my first ride with them, my L/R power balance is 60/40 - it might be so but it's bugging me enough that I have to buy a torque wrench :-)
Deal Fanatic
Apr 15, 2004
5264 posts
125 upvotes
Nepean
powermeters are so overpriced.
heatware available upon request
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8128 posts
453 upvotes
jamgyu wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 10:02 pm
I was wondering if he got a discount somewhere. :)
Garmin margins are horrible.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 17, 2003
8128 posts
453 upvotes
cybal wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 11:22 pm
I got a pair of the Vectors too and now I have to spend some money to get a proper torque wrench cause I don't trust the left/right balance readings. Apparently, on my first ride with them, my L/R power balance is 60/40 - it might be so but it's bugging me enough that I have to buy a torque wrench :-)
Help me understand this. If your pedals are on pretty snug, even without torquing it, how will this effect power or distribution of power? I can't see that being a factor at all.
Jan 2, 2005
93 posts
Richmond Hill
r1lee wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2013 1:27 am
Help me understand this. If your pedals are on pretty snug, even without torquing it, how will this effect power or distribution of power? I can't see that being a factor at all.
I thought they were snug when i first put them on, and after a short ride, i was able to loosen them by hand :-) My bad. And then I read a review at dcrainmaker and he came across issues as well. Either way, it just makes me feel better. haha
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2002
1859 posts
4 upvotes
$1699 at The Bike Shop in YYC. No room for negotiations right now and no availability online, Garmin's got these tied down pretty tight. I do wish they would have stayed with Speedplay, but they did say they've been looking at adopting other bodies later.
jamgyu wrote:
Aug 22nd, 2013 7:45 pm
How much?
Government big enough to supply everything you need is big enough to take everything you have... The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases -Thomas Jefferson
Deal Addict
Feb 8, 2002
1859 posts
4 upvotes
Mine 56-44 on the first ride. Better than I was expected. Interestingly enough the leg that I broke in 2007 and is held on with pins and screws is my stronger leg. I have a couple torque wrenches but these don't have hex fittings so I can't use the wrenches to install these.