Expired Hot Deals

[Indochino] RFD Exclusive: 20% off Any Suit, 2 Free Shirts, Free Remakes/Free Ship @ Indochino

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2010 10:09 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
RFD Staff
Jan 6, 2008
2607 posts
3812 upvotes
Toronto

[Indochino] RFD Exclusive: 20% off Any Suit, 2 Free Shirts, Free Remakes/Free Ship @ Indochino

This extremely popular (and extremely hot!) exclusive offer from custom clothier Indochino.com is back! With coupon code redflagdeals, you'll get 20% off ANY suit, plus TWO free tailor-made dress shirt, free remakes and free shipping!

If you're new to Indochino, you'll want to take some time to look around. There's a wide range of suits, and since they're made to measure you'll get a perfect fit no matter how tall, short, portly, slim or muscular you might be. Pre-discount prices start just under $300 USD -- add the two custom dress shirts and you've got a smoking hot deal!

The measurement process is really simple and well laid-out -- each step comes with a diagram and a quick optional video if you need extra clarification. And if your suit needs some adjusting after you get it, you get up to $75 for alterations at a local tailor. If your suit simply doesn't fit, Indochino will happily remake it for free. It's basically a no-risk proposition.

A note from Indochino: add your free shirts to your cart before you enter the coupon.

This deal is available worldwide. Prices are in USD. You can pay using Visa, Mastercard, or PayPal.
27 replies
Nov 26, 2006
534 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm...

this or Moore's 40%off 1st, 50%off 2nd, 60%off 3rd
Aug 27, 2009
613 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
I just received my suit from a similar group buy offer. I can attest that it is a risk free proposition as I needed my suit jacket remade since the length was too short. I think the problem was that I did the measurements according to their video which were general measurements, however after i ordered the suit I realized jacket measurements were somehow created from my general measurements. For some reason the jacket length was set too short, although I would have thought the tailor could have figured it out from my general measurements. My advice, after submitting your order check the newly created measurements for the jacket since when you do measure yourself and create an account they do not ask you to measure a jacket length.

I'm still waiting for my remade jacket to arrive and i'm not sure on how the shipping will work to send the first one back, so maybe not risk free if I will need to pay that?

Overall, shirt quality and sizing was perfect. Suit material quality was a little substandard for me. Cut wasn't as slim fitting as compared to say a Zara suit so I *might* suggest sizing a half inch to an inch less on suit waist and arm circumference to get a nice euro fit. Would i buy again? Not sure since i found the material of the ultimate grey suit to be quite lacking in quality (compared to Boss, Zara, Matinique, Calvin Klein suits i have) as the material is a more "rough" compared to the sheen and smoothness of my other wool suits. Maybe ordering the swatches would be a good idea.
Jun 17, 2008
93 posts
13 upvotes
Calgary
Does this code work for multiples? If I order 2 suits get 4 shirts, etc?
Edit: Does not, would need to do a different order to get this to work
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2189 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
On an interesting note - suits in Vietnam cost between 50 and 70 dollars tailor made at the low end. Wonder where these are made? 300 dollars is quite the markup.

I don't think I would ever buy a suit like that without first being able to see and touch the material - cheap material = stylish but ugly suit.
Mar 24, 2010
23 posts
Vienna
Indochino manufactures in Shanghai/China. Their suits are actually fully canvassed (even if in a little weird way) and as they ship for free, I don't think the mark-up is that high at all.

You have to send back the jacket/suit in case of a remake yourself, by the way - so those costs occur in addition.
Fabrics are quite good in my opinion, ordering the tailor kit (fabric swatches) is certainly a good idea.
Indochino under review http://www.indochino-review.com/
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2005
2189 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
cool canuck wrote:
Oct 19th, 2010 2:06 pm

Overall, shirt quality and sizing was perfect. Suit material quality was a little substandard for me. Cut wasn't as slim fitting as compared to say a Zara suit so I *might* suggest sizing a half inch to an inch less on suit waist and arm circumference to get a nice euro fit. Would i buy again? Not sure since i found the material of the ultimate grey suit to be quite lacking in quality (compared to Boss, Zara, Matinique, Calvin Klein suits i have) as the material is a more "rough" compared to the sheen and smoothness of my other wool suits. Maybe ordering the swatches would be a good idea.

That's it though man - in the places that these suits are made, the real cost is in the material. I buy my materials personally at the fabric markets in Vietnam. If a really nice material starts at 20 or 30 USD per meter, there is no way they can afford to remake that if something goes wrong. If they're buying cheap crap material in bulk it probably costs next to nothing. I can buy cheap material at the market for 3 - 5 dollars per meter. They likely get it for less.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2003
1104 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto
pablonutribar wrote:
Oct 19th, 2010 2:39 pm
That's it though man - in the places that these suits are made, the real cost is in the material. I buy my materials personally at the fabric markets in Vietnam. If a really nice material starts at 20 or 30 USD per meter, there is no way they can afford to remake that if something goes wrong. If they're buying cheap crap material in bulk it probably costs next to nothing. I can buy cheap material at the market for 3 - 5 dollars per meter. They likely get it for less.

That's a strawman argument. No one is here is going to fly to Vietnam to get a suit. We're talking about a M2M suit from the comfort of your own home.

You can order swatches from Indochino to check the cloth quality/colour before you order. I'm sure they're not using the super-expensive stuff, but I have seen their work and the cloth quality is very comparable to a OTR suit, but fits waay better though YMMV, at least at first. It's true that the initial fit may not be what you want, but they'll pony up for local tailor alterations and if it's way off, they'll remake it.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2005
3453 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty good deal but I'd rather buy a suit from a store. I bought one and the jacket length was too short and the pants were too tight. I emailed them about my pants right after I placed the order and specially asked them to make the thighs a little more loose because I have big quads from working out. Since I was in a hurry and had a wedding to go to I sent it in for a refund and went to Tom's Place and got a suit from S. Cohen made in Montreal for $320+taxes. The quality and fit was amazing. I did not even have to altered it all.
Aug 27, 2009
613 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
One good thing is the order came through really quick. I also ordered a custom dress shirt locally in Toronto from Marlon Durrant from another group buy and their first possible date to get measured was about one month out. Still waiting to get measured and i have no idea on how long the wait will be after that to get it made.

Another piece of advice, check out the suits available on the website. There isn't a lot of color or fabric selection considering it is M2M, especially if you already have a lot of suits in the basic colours. They have quite a few suits that are actually 100% polyester that I personally would stay away from.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2005
2031 posts
114 upvotes
For those who have ordered before, was there any tax and/or broker fee?
Aug 27, 2009
613 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
akt921 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2010 12:09 am

There were no extra taxes or duty when receiving the goods even though they come from Pudong District, Shanghai, China, at least for my order. I guess it's all paid up front by the shipper.

I just remembered another tip. After making the order, you should log into your online account to view any customizations. As I remember it, certain customizations such as the inside jacket lining colour were not available when i first made the order, but were there after you log into your account to check your order. I assumed once i finished the order it was done, however Indochino holds the order online for a few days so you can go in and check the measurements and make any customizations (such as lapel type, pick stitching, vent type, number of buttons).
Deal Addict
May 6, 2009
1286 posts
305 upvotes
Ottawa
akt921 wrote:
Oct 20th, 2010 12:09 am

My first order with them got held back at customs because of a disagreement over the declared value. It was eventually resolved, though I got the suit nearly a week later than expected and the jacket was about three inches (!!) too short, but Indochino's brokers took care of it, I didn't pay a dime to FedEx or customs. The remake process was painless, I made a few other adjustments (there was too much room in the trouser hip, too). The remake came about a week later and was perfect. Sending back my old one today.

I really, really like the shirts. If you've never had a shirt custom-made, you can't imagine how nice it is to have a shirt with perfect fit everywhere. I was used to having to compromise, with the neck size being the most important; so I would fit off the rack based on the neck, only to find the sleeves were comically long or the shoulder seam was an inch towards my neck from my natural shoulder. Tweaking the length so you have just enough extra to tuck into the trouser waist without having a bunch of fabric bunched in the seat of your pants (or worse, above your crotch) makes a world of difference, too.

Long story short, you can expect to need a remake for your first one, but it future orders should be a lot easier. Ordering another this week, will use the code, thanks Kate.
Aug 27, 2009
613 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
As a follow up, i just received my remade suit today and i feel a lot better about it since the fit is now really good. The tailor actually adjusted my suit length to what it should have been the first time (down to your thumb joint), although I specified I wanted maybe a half inch less than that length on my remake adjustment form. One of the edge seams is slightly uneven, although not really noticeable.

Might pull the trigger on another, but I would have to check out the fabrics first. Anyone in Toronto with some recent swatches that can comment on the fabrics, or maybe even offer to sell them cheaply? (i know, the $29 price can be applied to future orders - but still on the fence)