Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
2276 posts
47 upvotes
Hellfire wrote:
Feb 13th, 2009 12:36 am
Hmm I tried to get a quote for T0E1N0 to T6M1A9 for a 2lb envelope and it gave me "call eshipper"

Lame.

Purolator charges me $8.39 for a puropak from that shipment, and eshipper can't even give me a quote?
I get $22.13

Stay with your current setup!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3187 posts
272 upvotes
GVR
Is this any better than Venture One? I mainly ship to Canada/US.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28282 posts
1139 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
sassysue wrote:
Feb 12th, 2009 11:44 pm
u guys are paying way over price go to fed ex and there the cheapest i sent out 1 time 8 packages and i saved so much money compared to anywhere else plus they do pick up each package cost me around 10 each to ship to bc from ontario
In my 2 years experience, and I've METICULOUSLY, done iterations of shipments both within eshipper, AND with the respective couriers' websites shipping modules themselves. Eshipper ALWAYS comes up cheaper.

Give me an example shipment and I'll run it to see if I get the same results. I really have a hard time believe what you're claiming.
jackboot wrote:
Feb 12th, 2009 11:57 pm
If you put in $0 it does NOT charge any insurance. If you put in $1.00 it will charge you a penny :lol: It seems to charge 1% of whatever value you declare. Directly through UPS insurance for standard shipments is $1.50 per every additional $100. I'm not sure what's the deal with eshipper...
Well...I'll tell ya what's up....they're tryin' to make a buck on everything LOL.
Hellfire wrote:
Hmm I tried to get a quote for T0E1N0 to T6M1A9 for a 2lb envelope and it gave me "call eshipper"

Lame.

Purolator charges me $8.39 for a puropak from that shipment, and eshipper can't even give me a quote?
Something is messed on your profile, call tech support.

You're getting $8.39 from the purolator website? Any account with them earning a discount, or just the stand-alone shipping quote module gives you that?
ahsalloum wrote:
Feb 18th, 2009 12:23 am
Is this any better than Venture One? I mainly ship to Canada/US.
For a few locations the price on certain things is negligibly cheaper with V1...however for the 1-better online tracking (correction, the fact there ACTUALLY IS online tracking) 2-more reliable service 3-pick-up scheduling free, I go with eshippers brokered accounts.

BTW., I STILL haven't had a resolution on the difference I was shortchanged on the settlement reimbursement :( . Boourns!
PayTM - $60
PC OPT: $3953 [Yota Mafia] Ebates: $59.70
100% BST & Heatware est. 2005
was hoping to keep this secret longer. did a large clean up of local stores - redflagdealsguy
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28282 posts
1139 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Hellfire wrote:

Lame.

This is what I get. btw, Thanks for not including the damn city and making me look it up myself lolz.

Choosing package of 2lbs 8X6X6 I get:
UPS Standard $6.02 Insurance $0.01 (for jackboot LOL) GST $0.31 $0.24 CAD $6.58
UPS Expedited $6.63 Insurance $0.01 GST $0.34 $0.07 CAD $7.04
Purolator Ground $6.67 GST $0.36 $0.47 CAD $7.50

Choosing PAK I get:
UPS Expedited 1 $6.63 Insurance $0.01 GST $0.34 $0.07 CAD $7.04
UPS Express 1 $10.29 Insurance $0.01 GST $0.52 $0.10 CAD $10.92
Purolator PuroPak 1 $19.70 GST $1.05 $1.38 CAD $22.13

This was choosing envelope (but I guess won't count because envelopes aren't 2lbs, and you'd be charged the difference after the fact in all likelihood:
[IMG]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/6137/h ... otetf3.png[/IMG]

as I said, EShipper ALWAYS gives me the cheapest rates for the service.
jackboot wrote:
Feb 13th, 2009 10:07 am
I get $22.13

Stay with your current setup!
I don't know WTF you did to get that price. D'ya even know how to run a quote lawlz? If you were my shipping agent, I'd fire you :twisted: :D :cheesygri :cheesygri :razz: :lol:
PayTM - $60
was hoping to keep this secret longer. did a large clean up of local stores - redflagdealsguy
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
2276 posts
47 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Feb 18th, 2009 8:12 am
I don't know WTF you did to get that price. D'ya even know how to run a quote lawlz? If you were my shipping agent, I'd fire you :twisted: :D :cheesygri :cheesygri :razz: :lol:
Trust me bubble.tea, I wouldn't work for you :lol:

$22.13 is the price for a 2lb puropak, as you confirmed in your post, since a 2lb shipment isn't eligible AFAIk for an envelope shipment.

For some reason I'm not getting UPS as an option for this shipment. Do you have any idea why? I usually get UPS as an option when I send stuff but I'm confused as to why in this particular case I'm not given the option :confused:
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
2276 posts
47 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Feb 18th, 2009 7:53 am
Well...I'll tell ya what's up....they're tryin' to make a buck on everything LOL.
This is what I'm guessing too...they probably make quite a few $1 fees from charging people for insurance that is actually included with UPS standard :mad: Not honest at all.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28282 posts
1139 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
jackboot wrote:
Feb 18th, 2009 12:31 pm
...For some reason I'm not getting UPS as an option for this shipment. Do you have any idea why? I usually get UPS as an option when I send stuff but I'm confused as to why in this particular case I'm not given the option :confused:
Then in this case I'd INSTA-FIRE you for not being able to troubleshoot this yourself :D .

To confirm you're saying you get UPS quotes in other circumstances?

...how long have you been using eshipper?
PayTM - $60
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28282 posts
1139 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Here's a fun one, I'm going to see if I get it.

Had a delivery delayed by the courier. They told me that they mucked up and "sorry". I said nice to hear sorry, but sorry doesn't make the noodles...so the guy said you can get it reimbursed once the item delivers.

So of course the would reimburse the 3rd party (Eshipper), then I'd have to chase Eshipper to reimburse me.

I'll see if I end up getting my money back in some sensible timeframe.

my other ticket is still unresolved :( . LOL...I want my $7 back!!!! :lol:
PayTM - $60
Feb 24, 2005
759 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
bubble.tea wrote:
Mar 5th, 2009 12:14 am
Here's a fun one, I'm going to see if I get it.

Had a delivery delayed by the courier. They told me that they mucked up and "sorry". I said nice to hear sorry, but sorry doesn't make the noodles...so the guy said you can get it reimbursed once the item delivers.

So of course the would reimburse the 3rd party (Eshipper), then I'd have to chase Eshipper to reimburse me.

I'll see if I end up getting my money back in some sensible timeframe.

my other ticket is still unresolved :( . LOL...I want my $7 back!!!! :lol:
EShipper is pretty good with that. I had a packet that was going to Chicago, got delayed due to Fedex. Fedex gave a credit to account, Eshipper refunded my credit card. I had to wait a bit since Fedex only uploads their manifests weekly....but their accounting person nadine was very helpful.
Official Xbox 360 Winner! 4-5 am October 12th, 2005 (39 NPNs)
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2006
2384 posts
392 upvotes
Ottawa
I can most definitely vouch for this service. I quickly setup an account online and within 2-3min had a waybill printed and was good to go. the rates are excellent. My local UPS Store itself doesn't get as good rates as I do via e-shipper. Thanks RFD for the signup link.

Example. US merchant wanted 113.00 to ship item. Eshipper cost me 39.00

You can create a waybill and send it to the merchant to slap on the box and call in to schedule a pickup. vroom. done. OH. and as you know if you've read the thread. The cost of express or expedited is the same as ground in most cases. which is sweettttttt. Though i think this applies to the smaller packages as opposed to larger 40-60lbs ones.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
So has anyone seen CanadaPost as one of their options yet on EShipper....?

I notice there is a Signature required field for CanadaPost on the shipping form now... but no actual CanadaPost quotes yet...
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Dec 4, 2004
217 posts
2 upvotes
E-shipper no longer offers fedex ground shipping from Canada into the USA?

What gives?
Nov 25, 2002
969 posts
184 upvotes
Brampton
emoci wrote:
Apr 24th, 2009 4:40 am
So has anyone seen CanadaPost as one of their options yet on EShipper....?

I notice there is a Signature required field for CanadaPost on the shipping form now... but no actual CanadaPost quotes yet...
CanadaPost is only offered to e-Shipper customers also using their e-Order logistics service.
Nov 25, 2002
969 posts
184 upvotes
Brampton
nutsackninja wrote:
May 1st, 2009 9:58 am
E-shipper no longer offers fedex ground shipping from Canada into the USA?

What gives?
I have been using e-Shipper for almost 4 years, they have never offered Canada->US FedEx Ground to the best of my knowledge, only US->US and US->Canada.