Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
crowdpuller wrote:
Mar 6th, 2007 9:37 pm
This is to RFD owners.. do you guys wanna answer
No your CC will not get charged (I signed up for this myself). But when you do prepare and order a shipment, they will charge it on the card on file.

Make sure you use the RFD link, and make sure it mentions free activation.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2001
5567 posts
841 upvotes
Toronto
Smoothie wrote:
Feb 21st, 2007 9:51 pm
Anyone have experience using e-shipper? They can be a few dollors cheaper than Canadapost at times, and I wanted to give them a shot. So do I follow the instructions and they print out a addres label for me? Do I bring that to Purolator(for example) and pay the shipping charges there?
I signed up a long time ago so it may be different. When we use them, you fill out the information online, print the shipping label, call Purolator for pick up, they pick it up, ship it off, and then in a week or two we get the bill which we then pay immediately.

So to answer your question, you call for pickup, it's much easier that way. Saves us a lot of time.
Dec 4, 2004
217 posts
2 upvotes
The rates are worse then what I can get on my own with a fedex account.

55 lbl package From Hamilton To Vancouver
E-shipper Fedex Ground $56.
Fedex Ground without E-shipper $42.

55 lbl package from Hamilton to Toronto
E-shipper Fedex Ground $24.90
Fedex Ground without E-shipper $16.20

Its a good idea in theory but I don't understand why any would use them if they have higher rates.

Just my 2 cents.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28431 posts
1204 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
I just ran some potential shipments and eshipper is cheaper by 30%.

^ Not sure how you managed to get quotes MORE expensive than without them :confused:
PayTM - $70
PC OPT: $3953 Ebates: $59.70
100%+ BST & Heatware Est. 2005
Kijiji & FB Marketplace trash are what put a smile on my face each day
Dec 4, 2004
217 posts
2 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Aug 6th, 2007 11:08 pm
I just ran some potential shipments and eshipper is cheaper by 30%.

^ Not sure how you managed to get quotes MORE expensive than without them :confused:
I get a volume discount, thats probably why.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28431 posts
1204 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
nutsackninja wrote:
Aug 15th, 2007 6:20 pm
I get a volume discount, thats probably why.
Okay...you may have wanted to specify this, as it's not clear. You unfairly evaluated from your own particular standpoint not specifying, as not everybody else has such discounted rates and therefore can say e-shipper has POORER rates than what can currently be routinely had.

Regards,
PayTM - $70
May 20, 2006
184 posts
46 upvotes
I ship out about 20 envelopes a week overnight via FedEx. The best rate I can get from FedEx is at least 30% more than from e-shipper and I am getting a slight discount from FedEx already based on my volume. The e-shipper rates are very good for my use.
Nov 25, 2002
971 posts
188 upvotes
Brampton
nutsackninja wrote:
Jul 13th, 2007 2:57 pm
55 lbl package from Hamilton to Toronto
E-shipper Fedex Ground $24.90
Fedex Ground without E-shipper $16.20
e-Shipper does not offer FedEx Ground. Maybe you are comparing your FedEx Ground rates with e-Shipper's FedEx Priority rates?
Apr 10, 2006
95 posts
4 upvotes
nabeel wrote:
Aug 21st, 2007 12:02 pm
e-Shipper does not offer FedEx Ground. Maybe you are comparing your FedEx Ground rates with e-Shipper's FedEx Priority rates?
I agree that e-shipper is more expensive for Fedex Ground. Just ran some quotes for packages from Vancouver to Toronto.
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2005
3789 posts
43 upvotes
South Orange
Hey guys

I tried the RFD affiliate link and they are charging me the sign-up fee of $19.95. Is the deal dead?
3789 posts
43 upvotes
South Orange
OK I emailed them and they fixed the problem, apparently they were doing some programming while I was trying to signup :razz:
28431 posts
1204 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
I paid for a Fed Ex shipment.

Now that I call to schedule a pick-up the agent is asking for an ACCT#??? Which I do no see anywhere on my shipment slip or package label.

Any ideas??
PayTM - $70
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1746 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
bubble.tea wrote:
Oct 11th, 2007 10:39 am
I paid for a Fed Ex shipment.

Now that I call to schedule a pick-up the agent is asking for an ACCT#??? Which I do no see anywhere on my shipment slip or package label.

Any ideas??
Tell them it's a prepaid label, third party provider, or better yet explain to them you are using eshipper it become easier that way. I usually use Purolator and Drop off at one of the boxes so haven't had to schedule a pickup yet....
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28431 posts
1204 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
emoci wrote:
Oct 11th, 2007 11:16 am
Tell them it's a prepaid label, third party provider, or better yet explain to them you are using eshipper it become easier that way. I usually use Purolator and Drop off at one of the boxes so haven't had to schedule a pickup yet....
Thank you, I did say prepaid, and the rep insisted next to where it says prepaid, it SHOULD list the Acct#... :(

I emailed e-shipper and hopefully I'll get a reply. I was told by the FedEx rep, that if I put it into a drop box, I would be invoiced afterwards if there is no account.

Really? Should I flat out say E-shipper? :( ...sigh...why is this seeming to be so lucrative? I just want to honestly ship things.
PayTM - $70