Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

RFD Exclusive: Discount Purolator, FedEx, DHL Shipping for Small Businesses

• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2023 3:37 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Catapult wrote: So in my experience...

Canada -> International:
Either Goorooship UPS Express Saver (2-day) OR Freightcom FedEx International Economy OR Stallion Express PostNL for smaller packages
Gooroo UPS ES is usually minimally more expensive than FC FX IE, but is much faster and you get 1% rewards with Gooroo (also Gooroo has EDI customs forms)
I've never seen goorooship.

Can you do me a quote for Canada to England for two boots pls? 9lbs, 14x14x10".

FC FE IP is $100. Canada Post is $149. That's staggering.

Can anyone recommend who'd be cheapest for that shipping requirement please?
PayTM$154, dead. SDM: $5342 Rakuten: $181.98
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
*Various Szs Vintage: Florsheim Imperial
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Canada -> Intl: Gooroo
Got a quote.

$3 more with goorooship. But yes faster.

I'm impressed FC still comes out cheapest.
100% Established: BST; Heat; FB market; Kijiji *BST: FS Mens Shoes & Boots: Viberg, Allend Edmonds, Red Wings, misc,*
Jul 7, 2020
28 posts
2 upvotes
Any recommendation for shipping Canada-> Canada and Canada-->US for small parcels with cheap prices for E-com.
Location from Charlottetown, PEI.
Thank you.
Sep 16, 2011
44 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone been using the netparcel x paypal option to ship, and was billed a totally different amount than the original quote? I was quoted $27.03 to ship using Purolator and they're invoicing me for $46.21 now which is ridiculous.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
9652 posts
10924 upvotes
Vancouver
w4guan wrote: Has anyone been using the netparcel x paypal option to ship, and was billed a totally different amount than the original quote? I was quoted $27.03 to ship using Purolator and they're invoicing me for $46.21 now which is ridiculous.
Did you get an explanation for this? Was it customs duty applied at destination that you authorized to be billed to your account?
Sep 16, 2011
44 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Scote64 wrote: Did you get an explanation for this? Was it customs duty applied at destination that you authorized to be billed to your account?
Wasn't customs as it was shipped within Ontario. Netparcel support disputed the charge to Purolator on my behalf and they (Purolator) agreed to refund the overcharge yesterday.
There was no explanation as to why; I always round up when I put dimensions and weight, and the recipient address was correct. They simply put the extra charge on my paypal account.
Apr 24, 2015
56 posts
66 upvotes
Lancaster Park, AB
Thank you guys for comparing rates across diferent providers and posting the results and keeping this thread up. Very useful info for small online businesses trying to survive in these challenging times.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2011
6190 posts
1546 upvotes
GTA
I used Flaship for expediting documents within the city and just found Shiptime quoting me lower. Do these aggregators intentionally lure people in then resort to their regular pricing? I kept adding new accounts it's not funny.

Also found a company called Inxpress, has anyone use them before?

Going to give FreightCom a try tomorrow.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2004
5279 posts
55 upvotes
Richmond
Canada -> US: Gooroo UPS Std./Puro, netParcel+PayPal (not regular netParcel) UPS Std., or Clickship (Freightcom) UPS Std./FedEx Ground
Not including USPS-based shipping options such as Chit Chats, Stallion, etc.
Freightcom doesn't have EDI so you have to print out the commercial invoice and put it in a pouch whereas with Gooroo/netParcel you just print out the label and stick it on the box.
For larger shipments Freightcom's FedEx Ground is about the same price as Gooroo UPS Standard.

Canada -> International:
Either Goorooship UPS Express Saver (2-day) OR Freightcom FedEx International Economy OR Stallion Express PostNL for smaller packages
Gooroo UPS ES is usually minimally more expensive than FC FX IE, but is much faster and you get 1% rewards with Gooroo (also Gooroo has EDI customs forms).
If your package is under 2 lbs and fits in a FedEx Pak, you can get Freightcom FedEx International Priority service for a flat rate of ~$30-$45 to most countries. Usually this is actually cheaper than shipping the same package via FX IE.
Flagship also has DHL eCommerce for packages under 2kg (min. 5 packages) which is useful for shipping internationally.

US -> Canada
netParcel UPS Standard is ridiculously cheap, and when I used it a few years ago I got a ~65% discount on UPS's brokerage fees.

Canada -> Canada:
It really depends on the locations you're shipping between.
For example Montreal -> GTA, eShipper UPS Standard is the cheapest (this was a surprise to me because none of their other rates are good)
Montreal -> Montreal, netParcel UPS Standard is the cheapest
For others Freightcom or Gooroo might be cheaper.
Chit Chats/Stallion/etc. intra-Canada might also be an option, or even shipping a single package to Amazon and then using multi-channel fulfillment.
Now this right here is comprehensive.
Heat @ 370+
Feb 1, 2019
323 posts
133 upvotes
Alberta
anyone used "secureship.ca"? I'm trying to ship 4 boxes of Peak Freans cookies to Hong Kong, and I was thinking of bubble wrap each box than use a large bubble envelops/packs send 2 seperate packs. After hours of price quote online w/courier companies, UPS and DHL has the most affordable prices ranging btwn $65 - $79 per bubble pack; Purolator is $50 cheaper than FedEx $ 150 - 205 Disappointed Face (4 boxes of cookies that cost me $8); which is much cheaper than shipping all 4 pk of cookies in a box - the rate hikes up. Canada Post quoted me $250 takes 1.5 months to arrive...and they won't let me pack cookies in bubble pack to ship.

any advice? My cousin said he Peak Freans is not available in Asia, he checked Amazon.com each box costs $25 USD + shipping - $25 for a box of cookies, I bought it on sale for $1.99 @ SDM.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2004
5279 posts
55 upvotes
Richmond
FrostyBytes wrote: anyone used "secureship.ca"? I'm trying to ship 4 boxes of Peak Freans cookies to Hong Kong, and I was thinking of bubble wrap each box than use a large bubble envelops/packs send 2 seperate packs. After hours of price quote online w/courier companies, UPS and DHL has the most affordable prices ranging btwn $65 - $79 per bubble pack; Purolator is $50 cheaper than FedEx $ 150 - 205 Disappointed Face (4 boxes of cookies that cost me $8); which is much cheaper than shipping all 4 pk of cookies in a box - the rate hikes up. Canada Post quoted me $250 takes 1.5 months to arrive...and they won't let me pack cookies in bubble pack to ship.

any advice? My cousin said he Peak Freans is not available in Asia, he checked Amazon.com each box costs $25 USD + shipping - $25 for a box of cookies, I bought it on sale for $1.99 @ SDM.
Those are some black caviar cookies when they arrive.
Heat @ 370+
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Catapult wrote: ...
US -> Canada
netParcel UPS Standard is ridiculously cheap, and when I used it a few years ago I got a ~65% discount on UPS's brokerage fees....
Was charged $25 brokerage last week.
Either there's a step you didn't mention, or that associated brokerage discount is long expired.

I'm frustrated that UPS doesn't have a duty prepaid equivalent like FedEx. Or that netparcel doesn’t use FedEx so I can take advantage of theirs. $10flat rate clearing fee. Used it 2 times so far, seller bought in US.

Even with all the brokerage on top, it was cheaper, and 3 days from the US instead of a week delay using a NY redirect, incurring the NY state tax, cbp fee, paying for shipping twice (to broker, then to me). I ALLLLMOST SELF CLEARED, but did the math and after I got an email saying $5 off to pay early, I decided. My hour of labour to drive to CBSA, parking, gas, is worth way more to me than the $20 I paid, not counting taxes on brokerage, sigh.

Surely we have a better way?
Deal Expert
Nov 2, 2003
17117 posts
3872 upvotes
GTA
FrostyBytes wrote: anyone used "secureship.ca"? I'm trying to ship 4 boxes of Peak Freans cookies to Hong Kong, and I was thinking of bubble wrap each box than use a large bubble envelops/packs send 2 seperate packs. After hours of price quote online w/courier companies, UPS and DHL has the most affordable prices ranging btwn $65 - $79 per bubble pack; Purolator is $50 cheaper than FedEx $ 150 - 205 Disappointed Face (4 boxes of cookies that cost me $8); which is much cheaper than shipping all 4 pk of cookies in a box - the rate hikes up. Canada Post quoted me $250 takes 1.5 months to arrive...and they won't let me pack cookies in bubble pack to ship.

you're over packing. the main factor in shipping costs is the shipping dimensions, followed by weight. keep your package as small as possible. with all the bubble wrap you're bulking up your shipment which is why you're looking at $150-$200.

i used to do what you do... protect the shipment at ALL costs... find a big box, bubble wrap the goods, tape it up 5 layers, fill it up with paper shreds, all directions up down left right front back of the merchandise. it ends up doubling/tripling the shipping costs.

now i just dump what i need in as small a box as possible, or in some cases, in a simple plastic shipping bag/folder and just let the box get dented/damaged, it's good enough to protect the contents.

if it's $1.99 at SDM, just ship the cookies with minimal packaging. the cookies packaging was already designed to protect the cookies, esp if you're buying in large quantities, use the same box they were shipped in to SDM.
May 22, 2011
109 posts
105 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote: Was charged $25 brokerage last week.
Either there's a step you didn't mention, or that associated brokerage discount is long expired.

I'm frustrated that UPS doesn't have a duty prepaid equivalent like FedEx. Or that netparcel doesn’t use FedEx so I can take advantage of theirs. $10flat rate clearing fee. Used it 2 times so far, seller bought in US.

Even with all the brokerage on top, it was cheaper, and 3 days from the US instead of a week delay using a NY redirect, incurring the NY state tax, cbp fee, paying for shipping twice (to broker, then to me). I ALLLLMOST SELF CLEARED, but did the math and after I got an email saying $5 off to pay early, I decided. My hour of labour to drive to CBSA, parking, gas, is worth way more to me than the $20 I paid, not counting taxes on brokerage, sigh.

Surely we have a better way?
I set it to bill to my broker but somehow it bypassed my broker and used UPS. It was automatically billed to my netParcel account so there weren't any delays when clearing.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Catapult wrote: So in my experience... ......

Canada -> Canada:
It really depends on the locations you're shipping between.
For example Montreal -> GTA, eShipper UPS Standard is the cheapest (this was a surprise to me because none of their other rates are good)
Montreal -> Montreal, netParcel UPS Standard is the cheapest
For others Freightcom or Gooroo might be cheaper.
Chit Chats/Stallion/etc. intra-Canada might also be an option, or even shipping a single package to Amazon and then using multi-channel fulfillment.
/cross posted
Hi folks, been using a competitor for awhile for CDN & US shipping for several several years, today, compared to last month & standard, I had a box that should go from me to Burlington be $27 instead of $17, so I'm doing my rounds for alternates

Is this an industry wide increase or worth comparing to other brokers?

Does netP do cdn to cdn postage?

@Catapult I look to you for an updated assessment please :).

Thank you.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
Hi,

Help.

What's the cheapest rate to Singapore?

16x16x7" 6lbs

Freightcom $80
Canada Post $110.

Gotta be a cheaper way.

Is the Tuesday promo stackable? Or would reduce this sorta label?
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
28752 posts
1370 upvotes
PunkeyDoodles Corner…
So eshipper is done?

I'm surprised we don't have a freightcom thread, or is netparcel really the best one? For domestic I seem to find FC pretty good sinceast time I compared between a few.

Anyway, just did a run with FC & amazed to see ICS significantly undercutting the competition. Literally 66% the price of the next quote.

And still next day.

Amazed.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)