None
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27336 posts
577 upvotes
Dildo, NL
excel wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2015 1:11 pm
I used eshipper for 3 years and never got charged adjustments.
Unless you grossly overestimate your dimensions and weights, I find this extremely hard to believe., given that many others have confirmed these extra post-purchase charges. Unless you're...special? ;) Interested to hear specifics of purchase habits and shipping dynamics.

It has been since 2008'ish that even with normally conservatively measuring & weighing my parcels, I would still get a $1-$2 additional charge a day after my waybill purchase is processed. I was told it was fuel surcharges fluctuating and being passed on from the actual courier. I put up with it from 2008-2011. I haven't really used E SHIPPER since then - beyond 1 shipment every 3-6months, and even then I get billed extra a couple bucks.

I am no longer in that "rural city" but in an actual 'metropolis' - shipping TO GTA or MTL proper, and I STILL see these surcharges. It baffles my mind.

Ex: March 8: couriered box to GTA, $14.12
March 16 $1.73 billed

They're sleazy cuz if you go back to your invoices, they retroactively adjust the invoice to reflect "one billed item" of $15.85 Lol, as if.

FYI., my orig. weight and BILLED weight match., so it's not like I misrepresented the waybill.
???unlim CDN air&msging???unlim Global SMS???CD/VM???8Gb???$45
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Tutorial: HotLinking Pics in Posts
Nov 22, 2008
240 posts
37 upvotes
Not sure if this qualifies for "bumping an old thread" since it's been stickied, but thought I'd share this - I did some research on a few different online shippers (Netship eShipper and NetParcel) and found that NetParcel was always cheaper (whether it was a few bucks or up to $20 on UPS Standard). I've used them for about two months now, and almost all of my shipments have been a few cents below the original quote, expect for one that was an extra $4 but I didn't bother to call and inquire. Their customer service team is fantastic.

The one thing I will note (and I'm not sure if this was mentioned or not, can't really see my self reading through 40 pages to find out) - if you want to avoid additional charges after the fact - when shipping, unless it's a really small package, always use dimensional weight. LxWxH/166 if shipping in Canada or LxWxH/139 if to the US. Then use the heavier of the actual weight or dimensional. I got burned a few times when shipping with FedEx directly until I figured out the formulas. Also ensure if sending to a residential address to check the box (regardless of courier/service you use) as there is always an additional surcharge for it.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27336 posts
577 upvotes
Dildo, NL
coangr wrote:
Apr 6th, 2015 4:50 pm
...always use dimensional weight. LxWxH/166 if shipping in Canada or LxWxH/139 if to the US.
hmmm, I don't follow?
..... Also ensure if sending to a residential address to check the box (regardless of courier/service you use) as there is always an additional surcharge for it.
good point.

I will look into netparcel.,looks like it's the path for us then.
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
Nov 22, 2008
240 posts
37 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Apr 11th, 2015 3:05 pm
hmmm, I don't follow?
When calculating your weight (for anything, really larger than a small or medium box) calculate the dimensional weight - length times width times height divide by 139 if to the US or 166 if in Canada. Always round up to a whole number. Use the heavier of the two numbers.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27336 posts
577 upvotes
Dildo, NL
oh the weight. how odd. ok thanks.
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
Nov 5, 2015
2 posts
3 upvotes
York, ON
this post is at least 10 years old. A lot of things have changed since then with eshipper. Now they have a lot of adjustment charges 2 weeks after shipping. you never know how much you're really paying until its too late. Stick with CP or look at alternates
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2007
2643 posts
468 upvotes
chumbella wrote:
Nov 6th, 2015 1:07 pm
this post is at least 10 years old. A lot of things have changed since then with eshipper. Now they have a lot of adjustment charges 2 weeks after shipping. you never know how much you're really paying until its too late. Stick with CP or look at alternates
Thanks for the information. I was trying to decide between e-shipper and CP even though CP is a bit more but have opted for CP based on your recommendation. I hate surprises.
Nov 24, 2007
455 posts
34 upvotes
I've switched most of my Canadian and Western USA shipping from E-Shipper to NetParcel. The UPS rates are better.
Jan 1, 2012
293 posts
41 upvotes
RJones89 wrote:
Jan 23rd, 2016 6:04 pm
I've switched most of my Canadian and Western USA shipping from E-Shipper to NetParcel. The UPS rates are better.
tours99 wrote:
Jan 21st, 2015 2:25 pm
Netparcel is owned by eshipper
Flagship has slightly higher rates and can some times be cheaper
Nov 24, 2007
455 posts
34 upvotes
tours99 wrote:
Jan 25th, 2016 1:09 pm
Good to know. I knew the account numbers were the same, but the phone reps never wanted to associate themselves with E-Shipper.
Nov 22, 2008
240 posts
37 upvotes
choclover wrote:
Jan 4th, 2016 11:08 am
Thanks for the information. I was trying to decide between e-shipper and CP even though CP is a bit more but have opted for CP based on your recommendation. I hate surprises.
Posts like these are so frustrating to people who are looking for reviews.

Honestly people, I've been jumping between a few different companies now (all 3 under Canada Worldwide's umbrella; netParcel, eShipper and Freightcom) as well as Rate2Ship. The only time I'm EVER charged an adjustment fee is if there is an address correction done (on my part) or if I've measured the package wrong or didn't use dimensional weights. As long as you measure correctly and weigh the package (not guess) you will 98% of the time never see any adjustments. If you DO see one however, all four have excellent customer service teams who will find out why you were billed and make adjustments to correct it if necessary.

In my experience; netParecel has an upper hand when it comes to shipping with Loomis Express (exclusive to them). They have great rates for over size packages and envelopes within Canada. My only issue with them has been poor tracking (no scans at destinations) or an extra day beyond the promised delivery date because they needed to manually weight/size a package that won't fit on their conveyor system. Not the end of the world when it comes to ground shipments if you have the extra time to play with.
Rate2Ship had the better UPS rates up until a couple months ago when for some reason they started having issues and stopped offering their services. They've been promising it to be fixed for about a month now but still no word.
Freightcom (out of Canada Worldwide's companies) have the best rates across the board. I wish they would offer me their rates on netParcel's platform instead of me having to bounce between both websites but oh well.

If you want hands down the BEST rates (even if it's only a couple bucks) use Freightcom.
Jan 1, 2012
293 posts
41 upvotes
coangr wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2016 10:57 am
Posts like these are so frustrating to people who are looking for reviews.

Honestly people, I've been jumping between a few different companies now (all 3 under Canada Worldwide's umbrella; netParcel, eShipper and Freightcom) as well as Rate2Ship. The only time I'm EVER charged an adjustment fee is if there is an address correction done (on my part) or if I've measured the package wrong or didn't use dimensional weights. As long as you measure correctly and weigh the package (not guess) you will 98% of the time never see any adjustments. If you DO see one however, all four have excellent customer service teams who will find out why you were billed and make adjustments to correct it if necessary.

In my experience; netParecel has an upper hand when it comes to shipping with Loomis Express (exclusive to them). They have great rates for over size packages and envelopes within Canada. My only issue with them has been poor tracking (no scans at destinations) or an extra day beyond the promised delivery date because they needed to manually weight/size a package that won't fit on their conveyor system. Not the end of the world when it comes to ground shipments if you have the extra time to play with.
Rate2Ship had the better UPS rates up until a couple months ago when for some reason they started having issues and stopped offering their services. They've been promising it to be fixed for about a month now but still no word.
Freightcom (out of Canada Worldwide's companies) have the best rates across the board. I wish they would offer me their rates on netParcel's platform instead of me having to bounce between both websites but oh well.

If you want hands down the BEST rates (even if it's only a couple bucks) use Freightcom.
I signed up with FrieghtCom but it only shows me trucking not UPS etc
Nov 22, 2008
240 posts
37 upvotes
tours99 wrote:
Feb 2nd, 2016 11:32 am
I signed up with FrieghtCom but it only shows me trucking not UPS etc
ah sorry. It isn't "turned on" automatically. After a couple months of signing up, they called me to turn it on. You can hit their online chat option and request for them to do it for you. I just asked them if you can do it manually and they said no.
Nov 22, 2008
240 posts
37 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Apr 11th, 2015 4:27 pm
oh the weight. how odd. ok thanks.
bubble - do you use netParcel on the regular? I've seen on previous posts you've had issues with eShipper and their adjustment charges.... check out freightcom.com. Depending on how much volume you ship out, each $2-5 savings per package will add up pretty flippin quick! I switched just at the beginning of February... their system is a little more clunky but it's worth it. At the top of the page (where they say they've launched Canpar) it said last month (or in January, can't remember) that they are launching a new site shortly. Hopefully it works with more simplicity like netParcel's or ShipTime.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27336 posts
577 upvotes
Dildo, NL
^ thanks for letting me know. I'm out of the business so no need to use them anymore. Will keep it in mind if I ever need to in the future.
~Twitter~ ~Instagram~
[Suck it Trebeck]
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel