None
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
coangr wrote:
Mar 7th, 2016 4:34 pm
bubble - do you use netParcel on the regular? I've seen on previous posts you've had issues with eShipper and their adjustment charges.... check out freightcom.com. Depending on how much volume you ship out, each $2-5 savings per package will add up pretty flippin quick! I switched just at the beginning of February... their system is a little more clunky but it's worth it. At the top of the page (where they say they've launched Canpar) it said last month (or in January, can't remember) that they are launching a new site shortly. Hopefully it works with more simplicity like netParcel's or ShipTime.
lol...great timing! After the better part of a year, I had to mail something out.

Registered just now. Did a quote. $3 cheaper than eShipper. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Jan 10, 2009
404 posts
33 upvotes
Ottawa
Hi all, I'm looking for better (much better) rates to Europe, mostly UK. I ship items which are somewhat heavy , between 10-50lbs and the UPS/FEDEX/Puro/Can Post rates are ridiculous even with discount. Any suggestions who to use when shipping to Europe UK/Mainland ?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2794 posts
324 upvotes
Alberta
Me-262 wrote:
Aug 28th, 2016 7:56 am
Hi all, I'm looking for better (much better) rates to Europe, mostly UK. I ship items which are somewhat heavy , between 10-50lbs and the UPS/FEDEX/Puro/Can Post rates are ridiculous even with discount. Any suggestions who to use when shipping to Europe UK/Mainland ?
It's going to be expensive no matter what. Netparcel is usually cheapest for me, though you could try negotiating with DHL directly.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2005
3417 posts
30 upvotes
Coquitlam
I was looking at NetParcel recently and only Purolator and Loomis Express are available for domestic parcels. I recall seeing UPS on the list. Anyone know what happened to them?

The rates does not look as competitive anymore compared to what they had for UPS.
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
I've noticed for a few weeks they haven't had any UPS rates.

If you shop around though, Flagship and Freightcom still have theirs.. not to mention Freightcom's rates were better anyway. Shiptime's rates seem to have gotten a little better too.
Banned
May 28, 2003
25 posts
Hi guys, goorooship.ca offers 500 reward points for any new signup, which you can redeem as $5 for your first order. They offer discounts for shipping UPS/DHL/Canpar as well as LTL trucking. Cheers!
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
3508 posts
6452 upvotes
Coquitlam
I'm looking for an alternate to netparcel. Their quick quote and rate & ship are sometimes bugged on some US locations causing a quoting bait and switch scenario. For example, a package to Minnesota using quick quote says 16.15 and R&S will display $19.50. Yet a parcel to Florida is the same cost at $16.50. I've helped them with the bug, but they won't fix it. In addition, I'm tired of the after charges from NetParcel, because I over estimate now. I have successfully argued out of them, but it's frustrating to do so often...
To all RFD "Contest Entering" folk, look me up on Facebook or on Twitter
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2794 posts
324 upvotes
Alberta
netParcel does not do the after-the-fact adjustments. We can thank our friends at UPS for that.

All of the outfits are the same for that, since they're just passing along UPS charges.
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2007
3508 posts
6452 upvotes
Coquitlam
Bargain_Brett wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 3:33 pm
I'm looking for an alternate to netparcel. Their quick quote and rate & ship are sometimes bugged on some US locations causing a quoting bait and switch scenario. For example, a package to Minnesota using quick quote says 16.15 and R&S will display $19.50. Yet a parcel to Florida is the same cost at $16.50. I've helped them with the bug, but they won't fix it. In addition, I'm tired of the after charges from NetParcel, because I over estimate now. I have successfully argued out of them, but it's frustrating to do so often...
So the Netparcel team called me directly and explained the logic and constraints behind their site integration with different carriers. The different price is related to the residential flag not being applied on the Quick Quote
To all RFD "Contest Entering" folk, look me up on Facebook or on Twitter
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
Bargain_Brett wrote:
Jan 17th, 2017 3:33 pm
There are more and more options popping up now a days... I've continued to look into them all and still find Freightcom to offer the best UPS rates. I haven't seen UPS rates with netParcel for months now..
Jan 1, 2012
347 posts
51 upvotes
Sainte-Therese
Does anyone have a contact at UPS to negotiate discounts for large volumes?
I tried calling several times was told a salesperson will call me back but that never happened
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
SaversSave wrote:
Jan 24th, 2017 10:45 pm
Does anyone have a contact at UPS to negotiate discounts for large volumes?
I tried calling several times was told a salesperson will call me back but that never happened
Have you tried the reseller market first? Sometimes once you give volume to them they catch on and call you. To me, I think you're always in a better position when they call you instead of the other way around.
Jan 1, 2012
347 posts
51 upvotes
Sainte-Therese
coangr wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 1:55 pm
Have you tried the reseller market first? Sometimes once you give volume to them they catch on and call you. To me, I think you're always in a better position when they call you instead of the other way around.
Most of my volume goes to purolator now
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2794 posts
324 upvotes
Alberta
SaversSave wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 2:01 pm
Most of my volume goes to purolator now
your poor customers :(