Tags:
None
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
scouzer wrote:
Jan 25th, 2017 6:55 pm
your poor customers :(
LOL!!! When UPS called me after a couple months of using netParcel I got my "deal".. when I tried calling my own account rep back to get clarifications, etc I could never get a hold of them. It's one of the perks I like with using these resellers. Unless your pumping out $1151+/week to get their (UPS) 65% discounts, you're better off with a reseller. That way you're shopping with different carriers. Most of them offer UPS & Puro anyway.. others offer various different ones as well like Canpar/Loomis/Dicom etc.
Jan 5, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
I need to import a small parcel from china, which service offer best rate to Canada
Not to crazy about EMS
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
Is your supplier not offering you to ship on their account? Lots of the resellers offer international shipping, but in my experience it's always been cheaper to have my supplier ship it on their account (with FedEx or DHL).
Penalty Box
Feb 26, 2017
21 posts
3 upvotes
Got a good deal with them

Great customer service and the item was picked up in a couple of hours.

+1 will use again definitely.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2776 posts
308 upvotes
Alberta
If anyone is wondering, eShipper has absolutely terrible prices now. Virtually all of their competitors offer better rates. I strongly recommend you consider other companies.
Last edited by scouzer on Mar 31st, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
scouzer wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 1:49 pm
If anyone is wondering, eShipper has absolutely prices rates now. Virtually all of their competitors offer better rates. I strongly recommend you consider other companies.
yo.. who are you using again? Have you found anyone cheaper than Freightcom?

wait.. you're using UPS direct for your export, right? Sorry... it's been awhile lol
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2776 posts
308 upvotes
Alberta
coangr wrote:
Mar 31st, 2017 6:34 pm
yo.. who are you using again? Have you found anyone cheaper than Freightcom?

wait.. you're using UPS direct for your export, right? Sorry... it's been awhile lol
From least to most expensive, I use:

1) UPS Ground direct
2) Fedex Ground direct
3) DHL Air direct
4) UPS Expedited with Goorooship

Freightcom has pretty good rates too, but Gooroo wins in my experience.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2776 posts
308 upvotes
Alberta
I have literally never seen a rate on eShipper that's less expensive than Gooroo or Freightcom. I'm surprised. But then, you do only have 6 posts...
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
Honestly.. if they are using eshipper for fedex in Canada, that's hilarious. most of their fedex rates are higher than the nonaccount rate I can get by shipping directly with fedex.ca.

i looked into gooroo, and you're right.. their ups rates to the US are a little cheaper than freightcom's... they even have ltl shipping, which is hilarious, when i compare it to freightcom.. doesn't even come close. if that guy is telling the truth.. which hey.. maybe he is, maybe he isn't.. he would have probably had to promise the world to get better rates from them. hope you enjoy them! they wen't willing to give me any better than netparcel was offering last time i spoke with them.. and their DHL thing... last time I spoke with a lady from eshipper.. they were just launching it, but i had to drive to their mississauga office to drop them off... certainty wasn't worth the cost difference than shipping with ups having to drive from north york. more so, i'm guessing this dhl thing is more to compete with canada post not courier.. (what the hell is a 2oz package anyway??) if your shipping small stuff like that, courier isn't your thing anyway and it's an unfair comparision with any of these other companies.

btw.. where'd you get a promo code? i thought eshipper eliminated their signup fees... what the hell do you need a promo code for? can someone else sign up and see if their rates are any better with it? i don't feel like adding my credit card number in again just for the hell of it. lol
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
OH.. and i chatted with their online chat thing.. said they are going to be giving better ups rates to compete with gooroo's so that makes me happy... even though i still do it, i hate jumping between the different sites to compare who has the best rate. i've never shipped with gooroo, but if i can eliminate another login to compare, i'll be happier than a pig in .... lol i'll keep checking to see when it goes... hopefully they are not just saying it to prevent people from jumping over to gooroo...
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
from the quotes i was getting this morning, freightcom's ups standard rates are a lot better than they were last i check on Monday. however, i still don't think they're as good as yours scouzer lol..
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2776 posts
308 upvotes
Alberta
Indeed, Freightcom's rates have improved. Funny enough, I got a promotional email bragging about their new rates as I was testing them out based on your post.

For me, Goorooship and Freightcom's rates are about identical. eShipper is 30% more - useless.

netParcel is about 6% higher than Gooroo or Freightcom, but has the nicest platform.

So really, all make sense for the right people... except eShipper.
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
scouzer wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 12:28 pm
Indeed, Freightcom's rates have improved. Funny enough, I got a promotional email bragging about their new rates as I was testing them out based on your post.

For me, Goorooship and Freightcom's rates are about identical. eShipper is 30% more - useless.

netParcel is about 6% higher than Gooroo or Freightcom, but has the nicest platform.

So really, all make sense for the right people... except eShipper.
Are you quoting ups standard or expedited? from what I can see freightcom is now cheaper than gooroo to the US. not all the express shipments are better, gooroo is still better, but for standard (which i ship exclusively unless customer asks for expedited, then i ship dhl) freightcom is definitely better. that makes me happy!

btw.. netparcel has UPS? do you need approval from them now like flagship?
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
2776 posts
308 upvotes
Alberta
coangr wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 3:12 pm
Are you quoting ups standard or expedited? from what I can see freightcom is now cheaper than gooroo to the US. not all the express shipments are better, gooroo is still better, but for standard (which i ship exclusively unless customer asks for expedited, then i ship dhl) freightcom is definitely better. that makes me happy!

btw.. netparcel has UPS? do you need approval from them now like flagship?
I don't do small pieces direct to customer. I only do big shipments, 10-30 piece, 200-500lb billable sort of thing.

I'm not too familiar with the small parcel rates, the 1-10lb single box stuff. Maybe Freightcom is cheapest for that.
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
scouzer wrote:
Apr 5th, 2017 3:44 pm
I don't do small pieces direct to customer. I only do big shipments, 10-30 piece, 200-500lb billable sort of thing.

I'm not too familiar with the small parcel rates, the 1-10lb single box stuff. Maybe Freightcom is cheapest for that.
well damn! 30 pieces at a time?! what do you guys ship?! lol