RFD Exclusive: Discount Purolator, FedEx, DHL Shipping for Small Businesses

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2017 9:31 am
Tags:
None
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
Does anyone know of any good resellers for countries like Columbia/UK into Canada with DHL or UPS? I've checked eshipper and their prices are really expensive (way above my budget).
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2004
1465 posts
45 upvotes
York Region
Has anyone used ShipStation?

we only ship in GTA now and package is less than 1lb (dental cases). We use ICS courier (medical fields only) and we pay $10.22 per shipping up to 3 tiny boxes.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
kinda lazy., kinda tired of getting quotes, only to have post-delivery surcharges appear....SO ASKING:

What's the price on 4 Rims from GTA to Ottawa these days? Anybody do anything like that? Would it be cheaper to just drive there LOL....work it into a week-end trip to see the cousin...who came up LAST WEEK-END..ughhh...what timing. Rims are a steal!
unlim national, unlim Global SMS, CD/VM, 8Gb of Blazing Fast LTE $45
PC Plus Tally: $2480 [Yota Mafia] Ebates 2017 Tally: $39.74, Late to da game
100% BST & Heatware Trader since 2005
Photobucket, Suck a Big Fat Stinkin'...
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 12:07 pm
kinda lazy., kinda tired of getting quotes, only to have post-delivery surcharges appear....SO ASKING:

What's the price on 4 Rims from GTA to Ottawa these days? Anybody do anything like that? Would it be cheaper to just drive there LOL....work it into a week-end trip to see the cousin...who came up LAST WEEK-END..ughhh...what timing. Rims are a steal!
That's funny... I was looking at this back in Feb! I had to send a set up to a friend in Winnipeg.. we ended up putting them on a skid. I bought a set of tires from Quebec last month too.. they sent them with NationEx..
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
coangr wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 1:32 pm
up to a friend in Winnipeg.. ...from Quebec last month too.. they sent them with NationEx..
how much. what weight, or is it flat rate for a skid?
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
bubble.tea wrote:
Aug 11th, 2017 7:14 am
how much. what weight, or is it flat rate for a skid?
Nope, it was just with Freightcom. We cut down the skid, but it was 36 x 36 x 43 and about 220LBS with the pallet weight. We paid about $130 since it was going to a residence and with insurance. We didn't do a tailgate since they just hand bombed them off the truck. Aint nobody got time for an extra $50 for a tailgate lol.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Boy, have times definitely changed. I shipped worldwide super saved several years ago for $89 to Singapore cellphone sized box.

I just tried shipper AZ to YOW, only eShipper came up as an option for $70!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jesus. I'm registering for freightcom now. Hopefully they do it better.

LOL. Why didn't anyone tell me freightcom is e-shipper?

If you didn't know before, well now you know.

Identical log in portal. Identical quote menu & structure.

AND>>>>>> identical DHL Quote of 63.14USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP. for two damn ball joints. small box., 20lbs MAX..Ughhhhhh

Boy, times have changed....I wonder if they're still great for domestic - and just International has died a horrible decrepid death.
Nov 22, 2008
281 posts
40 upvotes
That's not news, I realised that a while ago lol. I called them ages ago to try and provide all prices on one platform but they told me they have been separate companies for the last 3 or 4 years. Freightcom usually always has the better prices (albeit I've only tried Canada to Canada or Canada to USA) so you'll need to do your homework on comparing the two. I'm sure if you wait a day or so, someone from eshipper will DM you lol
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
coangr wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 3:36 pm
That's not news, I realised that a while ago lol. I called them ages ago to try and provide all prices on one platform but they told me they have been separate companies for the last 3 or 4 years. Freightcom usually always has the better prices (albeit I've only tried Canada to Canada or Canada to USA) so you'll need to do your homework on comparing the two. I'm sure if you wait a day or so, someone from eshipper will DM you lol
within an hour, someone CALLED me from freightcom., offering discounts to improve the unsatisfying quotes I received. Curious to try again, actually thanks for reminding me. I'll check now.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
Has anybody done a schedule pickup for CANPAR or DICOM recently? Is it free? Do you need an account, or directly from shipper/freightcoms check-out you justprocessit there and done deal?

Any follow-up/subsequent billing like eShipper used (still?) to do? As a results of pick-up or adjustments in shipping rates?
Jan 1, 2012
347 posts
51 upvotes
Sainte-Therese
bubble.tea wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 12:37 pm
Has anybody done a schedule pickup for CANPAR or DICOM recently? Is it free? Do you need an account, or directly from shipper/freightcoms check-out you justprocessit there and done deal?

Any follow-up/subsequent billing like eShipper used (still?) to do? As a results of pick-up or adjustments in shipping rates?
Pickup is free and can be scheduled when doing the shipment
Mar 12, 2008
180 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Been using freightcom for a few months now. Used to use Zoomshipper but it's more ($10 minimum per shipment) and you have to be a member of CFIB.

I use Vital Logistics as they are a UPS reseller. Crazy low rates, $7.50 for GTA-GTA and close to major centers in 519 for an 8lb box for instance. Only problem is you have to use UPS Connect to get rates. UPS Connect doesn't like Windows 10 and when you process the end of day it crashes and wipes out all your data. You can email to get a pickup but tracking isn't going to happen. Doesn't crash all the time, but it's a crap shoot. Last 4/6 times it's crashed. You can book through ups.com but no rates. I do use them but it's less and less. And they must not pay well as I'm rep # who-knows.
Deal Expert
Jun 3, 2005
27793 posts
818 upvotes
Dildo, NL
mikeycanuk wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 12:03 pm
Been using freightcom for a few months now.....

I use Vital Logistics as they are a UPS reseller. Crazy low rates, $7.50 for GTA-GTA and close to major centers ......end of day it crashes and wipes out all your data......but it's a crap shoot. Last 4/6 times it's crashed...
LOL!!!??? that's messed up.

I did my first freightcom yesterday for canpar. Was the cheapest for some items. They don't let you enter your CC like eShip'r, so I'm assuming I have to call it in, or once they 'invoice' me, then I'll pay somehow?

I am not in a position to gamble with Vital (ironic name) Logistics, haha.
Mar 12, 2008
180 posts
3 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I get billed for freightcom and have $1000 credit line. What really kills is their ltl truck rates, so low as to be insane. For instance on the last shipment my supplier used their own BOL and got billed $750US directly from the trucking company. They should have used the BOL I sent them as I paid $275US through freightcom. It got sorted out but was like wow that's a BIG difference.

I did use freightquote.com in the past for ltl. Rates were good...for a while. After a few years I was like wtf??? Went with a Canadian company Frontier Supply Chain Solutions and rates dropped. FQ.com called (as I didn't finish an online quote) and "found" my discount wasn't being applied properly. Sure.....

If anyone gets a call from Frontier, don't go there!!!! They tried/trying to do a courier service. COMPLETE and UTTER disaster. They handed off packages to my out of town customers to independents. Deliveries ranged from 2 days to 14 days. Yikes. And the ltl freight went to hell. I had a skid sit for a week as they said they never got a call from my supplier. huh? I send the the BOL to my supplier and you send a truck, simple right? I guess not. So it's freightcom for now, as long as rates stay the same.
The only benefit from Frontier was once they only billed for import taxes for a import, no bill for freight was ever sent.