Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon] RFD Exclusive: Instant Pot LUX60 6-in-1 Rice Cooker/Pressure Cooker etc $109.95

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 22nd, 2012 4:12 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 25, 2004
41 posts
10 upvotes
St. John's
lindt wrote:
Dec 17th, 2012 8:45 am
How is it shipped from US? Will we be charged with border tax and more? If anyone bought directly from the website before can share their experience?
Where does it say it's shipped from the US? The contact info indicates it's a Canadian company, so I would assume it's shipped from Canada if you order directly from them.

edit: I ordered mine from amazon.ca a while ago, and they had left the original shipping labels on. The labels showed that amazon received it from an address in BC.
Mar 17, 2011
4 posts
I did speak to the lady from Instant Pot in Burnaby, BC last week and she said the 5L(LUX50) is equivalent to about 8 cup rice cooker. The shipment for the LUX50 would come in until late Jan 2013.
May 2, 2012
192 posts
43 upvotes
chevron wrote:
Dec 15th, 2012 12:53 pm
Has anyone used this who has also used a good quality pressure cooker (like Kuhn-Rikon or Fagor)?

If so, I would be interested to hear your take on the differences.
Nobody?
Dec 17, 2012
4 posts
BURNABY
The LUX-50 has a 5 liter capacity and the LUX-60 has a 6 liter capacity. In deciding which one to buy, I like one of the answers I found on here which was "Easier to put less in a big pot than more in a smaller one". Well said!
Dec 17, 2012
4 posts
BURNABY
Hi Elty,

Using Instant Pot you can make as little as 2 cups or up to 6 liters of combined rice and water. The beauty about this cooker is you put your rice and water in, hit the "rice" setting and forget about it. It makes the most PERFECT rice every time. Then as a bonus, you can use it as a pressure cooker to make the most tender meat you've ever seen. Need a slow cooker? No problem, it does that as well. Want to steam some vegetables or seafood? No problem, it does that as well. Want to saute or brown your meat or mushrooms or onions first? No problem, it does that as well. I could go on but there's just to many advantages to list here.
Dec 17, 2012
4 posts
BURNABY
lindt wrote:
Dec 17th, 2012 8:45 am
How is it shipped from US? Will we be charged with border tax and more? If anyone bought directly from the website before can share their experience?
When you order Instant Pot you don't have to worry about border taxes OR shipping.
Dec 17, 2012
4 posts
BURNABY
Instant Pot is a Canadian Company but has the ability to ship from Canada or the U.S. No need to worry about customs charges and the shipping is free!
bellthecat wrote:
Dec 17th, 2012 9:57 am
Where does it say it's shipped from the US? The contact info indicates it's a Canadian company, so I would assume it's shipped from Canada if you order directly from them.

edit: I ordered mine from amazon.ca a while ago, and they had left the original shipping labels on. The labels showed that amazon received it from an address in BC.
Feb 5, 2012
14 posts
10 upvotes
Thanks OP; ordered one. The LUX50 is on backorder but any idea when the LUX60 will be shipped around?

Edit: Nevermind it was shipped today (next day) via Fedex. Woo fast :D
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2005
3960 posts
577 upvotes
Markham
How many pounds of pressure does the pressure cooker get up to?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Dec 24, 2011
27 posts
1 upvote
Montreal
Ok I ordered one. I cook whole chickens multiple times a week and lots of quinoa and rice. If I can shed off the time it takes to cook chicken in my stove why not.
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
18380 posts
2400 upvotes
Waterloo
Torque wrote:
Dec 22nd, 2012 12:08 pm
Deal's dead now (and it's cheaper elsewhere), but for retailer feedback...I received mine in about 3 days.
I would buy from them again.
They really should have given RFD the $99 deal though! That's a bit disappointing.
http://www.123inkcartridges.ca/printer- ... Lux60.html
Darn, tried to cancel my Amazon.ca $105 order but couldn't
Guess will have to refuse package at door

123 is cheaper ($105 after tax) vs. Amazon $119 after tax - for Ontario, due to tax
Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K || SPG 20K
Oct 15, 2008
394 posts
635 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote:
Dec 18th, 2012 8:04 pm
How many pounds of pressure does the pressure cooker get up to?
11psi, IIRC. I believe it adds up to an extra minute if you're converting a stove-top recipe to electric for anything 30 mins. and under.
× < >